***$8.99 game sale on sam goodies***

Status
Not open for further replies.

Video-Gamer

CAGiversary!
i just heard it on the radio station while i was driving.
it said on the radio if you buy a music cd for a regular price{13.99} you get the second one for 8.99, same applies for the games.
i went to the store to make sure, it was correct, the sale/special or what ever it is has already started. i asked about the games, the girl said, any ps2 ame 19.99 and less is automatically becomes $8.99... same goes for x-box.

[quote name='Video-Gamer']Midnight Club 3 for 19.99?????[/QUOTE]

Oops... did I say that? I was just typing this stuff from memory.

Sorry, I meant this one...

Mc2_copertina.jpg

[quote name='cheapskategamer']Oops... did I say that? I was just typing this stuff from memory.

Sorry, I meant this one...

Mc2_copertina.jpg
[/QUOTE]

heh, got this game.
one of my favorite racing games.
i cant wait for Mc3 to drop its price.

Thanks OP! :D

Picked up:

GC:
Puyo Pop Fever
Def Jam FFNY

XBOX:
Dead to Rights II
Morrowing: Game of the Year Edition

GBA:
Wac-A-Mole

Remember seeing the following marked down to $8.99

Tales of Symphonia (GC)
Metroid Prime (GC)
Shrek 2 (GC)
Shark Tale (GC)
Pitfall (GC, XBOX)
Halo (XBOX)
All NES Classic Series for GBA
LOTR: The Third Age (GBA)
James Bond: Everything or Nothing (XBOX)
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (XBOX)
Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hands (GBA)
Pikmin (GC)
Warioworld (GC)
I-Ninja (XBOX)
Yu-Gi-Oh Games for GBA (All of them, if I remember correctly were on sale).

The manager said that just about everything marked at $19.99 is on sale for $8.99, even if it doesn't have a $8.99 sticker on it. If in doubt, have them scan it. I also saw the list, and its about 6 pages long.

I picked up Mega Man x8, Rocky Legends and the Getaway Black Monday, thanks OP.

Anyone get Evil Dead Regeneration at the 8.99 price? That'd be awesome

[quote name='djak1']Thanks OP! :D

Picked up:

GC:
Puyo Pop Fever
Def Jam FFNY

XBOX:
Dead to Rights II
Morrowing: Game of the Year Edition

GBA:
Wac-A-Mole

Remember seeing the following marked down to $8.99

Tales of Symphonia (GC)
Metroid Prime (GC)
Shrek 2 (GC)
Shark Tale (GC)
Pitfall (GC, XBOX)
Halo (XBOX)
All NES Classic Series for GBA
LOTR: The Third Age (GBA)
James Bond: Everything or Nothing (XBOX)
Brothers in Arms: Road to Hill 30 (XBOX)
Boktai: The Sun Is In Your Hands (GBA)
Pikmin (GC)
Warioworld (GC)
I-Ninja (XBOX)
Yu-Gi-Oh Games for GBA (All of them, if I remember correctly were on sale).

The manager said that just about everything marked at $19.99 is on sale for $8.99, even if it doesn't have a $8.99 sticker on it. If in doubt, have them scan it. I also saw the list, and its about 6 pages long.[/QUOTE]

you welcome buddy.

Sweet sounding sale. I'll have to go. Hope I can find Xenosaga 2. I just recently bought Xeno 1 and its being shipped to me.

[quote name='cartman414']Is the sale Sam Goody only or would Suncoast be good for it, given that it's part of the same chain? Been Goody-less for quite awhile.[/QUOTE]

Assuming you could find a Suncoast w/ games, probably.

[quote name='Logain8955']Assuming you could find a Suncoast w/ games, probably.[/QUOTE]

yea several Suncoast I've been to doesnt carry games only movies, while the only close sam goody to me is about 8 miles away well I got what I wanted been spending to much on games.

Add these to the list, if they're not there already:

Xbox
Silent Hill 4
Dungeons & Dragons Heroes
Incredibles
Whiplash
Scooby Doo Mystery

PS2
.Hack 1: Infection
Goblin Commander

Gamecube
Phantasy Star Online III
Sonic Heroes (non-PC)

anyone know if this is going on at Sun Coast's as well. I noticed when i went to sam goody's website that Sun Coast stores are listed on the same site.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']I didn't think Sun Coast stores sold games.[/QUOTE]

*nods*

Suncoast is in the same company as Sam Goody (Musicland) but Suncoast mostly sells DVDs, action figures and the occasional CD.

Note, some games on this list may still be marked at full price and not in the special $8.99 bin. If you have them pricechecked, they show up as $8.99 though.

Megaman, PoP2, Silent Hill 4 were all marked $29.99 and Super Monkey Ball Dx was marked $19.99... all show up as $8.99 when scanned though. :)

Picked up:

PS2:
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Silent Hill 4
Cold Fear
Super Monkey Ball Dx
PoP2:WW
Xenosaga 2

GBA:
Tetris Worlds

Thanks OP!!

Grabbed the following xbox games:

Band of Brothers: Road to Hill 30
X-Men Legends
Mech Assault 2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory

[quote name='h2dk']Grabbed the following xbox games:

Band of Brothers: Road to Hill 30
X-Men Legends
Mech Assault 2
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory[/QUOTE]

Are you sure it was SC: Chaos Theory or Pandora Tomorrow?

[quote name='mer71']This sale is pretty good. Karaoke Revolution Party came out this month and they had it for $8.99.[/QUOTE]

SHUT UP!!! I saw that there and never thought to check! That must be a mistake. Now I have to go back just to be sure. :p

Any chance Fable: Lost Chapters would be included in this? It's a $19.99 game, although it should be platinum hits. I've been wanting to pick it up for a while.

Brothers in Arms sounds excellent.. I think I'm going to head to Sam Goody's after work. I also wouldn't mind Star Wars: Jedi Academy being part of the sale

If anyone gets an extra sealed copy of Brothers In Arms: Road to Hill 30 (XBox), please let me know/check my trade list for it. I also have a sealed Crimson Tears (PS 2) I'll trade, if anyone's interested.

Thanks,

wax

EDIT:

Thanks OP! :)

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']Note, some games on this list may still be marked at full price and not in the special $8.99 bin. If you have them pricechecked, they show up as $8.99 though.

Megaman, PoP2, Silent Hill 4 were all marked $29.99 and Super Monkey Ball Dx was marked $19.99... all show up as $8.99 when scanned though. :)

Picked up:

PS2:
Mega Man Anniversary Collection
Silent Hill 4
Cold Fear
Super Monkey Ball Dx
PoP2:WW
Xenosaga 2

GBA:
Tetris Worlds

Thanks OP!![/QUOTE]

you welcome budd.

yes thanks very much OP

first for the relatively mundane

Neo Contra
Tales of Symphonia
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Full Spectrum Warrior xbox
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel xbox
Chronicles of Riddick
Gladius $4.88

now for the awesome part

Star Fox: Assault $8.99 apparently it was $49.99 and he had to manually input $8.99, so i'm guessing they meant SF: Adventures or whatever it's called

the crappy part was, all but Neo Contra were display copies, so they weren't sealed.

now for the amazing, piss your pants part:

Arc the Lad Collection
Dragon Warrior VII

both sealed, both $8.99

as good as i did, i might have to go back for SC II PS2, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Voodoo Vince, Blinx, and more. this deal's the shit.

Holy shit.. nice grab on the Starfox and the Arc the Lad. I might have to try that one when I leave here in 10 minutes..

[quote name='pimp tyranny']yes thanks very much OP

first for the relatively mundane

Neo Contra
Tales of Symphonia
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Full Spectrum Warrior xbox
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel xbox
Chronicles of Riddick
Gladius $4.88

now for the awesome part

Star Fox: Assault $8.99 apparently it was $49.99 and he had to manually input $8.99, so i'm guessing they meant SF: Adventures or whatever it's called

the crappy part was, all but Neo Contra were display copies, so they weren't sealed.

now for the amazing, piss your pants part:

Arc the Lad Collection
Dragon Warrior VII

both sealed, both $8.99

as good as i did, i might have to go back for SC II PS2, Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Voodoo Vince, Blinx, and more. this deal's the shit.[/QUOTE]

Does Get On Da Mic have the mircophone? If so, could someone pick one up for me, I will pay $15 shipped or some kind of trade.

Darn! Karaoka Revolution rang up at 59.99 at both stores. The first sam goody I went to had a ton of sealed games behind the counter but they wouldnt let me look at them. Also both stores knew nothing about a sale and nothing was properly marked

Between both stores I picked up
Tales of symphonia (GC)
Mega Man Anniversary Collection (GC)
Xenosaga 1
Xenosaga 2
All unsealed and behind the counter. The long haired hippy put his filthy fingerprints on the xenosaga cd! All of them rang up 8.99

[quote name='mer71']This sale is pretty good. Karaoke Revolution Party came out this month and they had it for $8.99.[/QUOTE]

For the record, all releases, with or without the microphone, are full price.

checked out LA branch, picked up

PS2:

Onimusha 2
Resident Evil - Codename Veronica
Freedom Fighters

all were display copies - all new condition

i'm sure these have been cheaper elsewhere but i take what i get and i'll like it

had for PS2:

Midway classics 2
Viewtiful Joe 1
Viewtiful Joe 2

threw em back

The stuff I picked up was all sealed.

OP -- maybe you should update the thread title to reflect that this sale is valid at all stores in the chain -- Sam Goody, Media Play, etc.

Mods, I've noticed more than one of these topics with different names, all applying to the same sale... is there anyway we can consolidate these into one thread?

[quote name='Skylander7'] I also wouldn't mind Star Wars: Jedi Academy being part of the sale[/QUOTE]

It is part of the sale! I got the last unsealed copy at the store near me. It wasn't stickered I just had them scan it.

[quote name='s1eepinglionhart']The stuff I picked up was all sealed.

OP -- maybe you should update the thread title to reflect that this sale is valid at all stores in the chain -- Sam Goody, Media Play, etc.

Mods, I've noticed more than one of these topics with different names, all applying to the same sale... is there anyway we can consolidate these into one thread?[/QUOTE]

well, i cant vouch for the other stores like suncoast, because i havent went and checked it, im just saying from what i have seen and where i have seen.
but most people already noticed that suncoast and other stores in the chain may have this sale, but its mostly for sam goodies.
This is what i heard on the radio.
im just the messenger. :whistle2:}

p.s - im glad that alot of people are getting what they want, i never been so proud of my post this much. knowing that i helped my fellow cheap bastards makes my day, lol.

At the Northshore Mall in Peabody, MA I bought (all sealed):
[All bold titles had a $8.99 sticker on them, rang at $19.99, and were manually adjusted to $8.99 with no fuss]

$8,99 - Bought
The Bard's Tale (XB)
Fable (XB)
Capcom Fighting Evolution (XB)
Fallout: Brotherhood of Steel (XB)
Evil Dead Regeneration (PS2)
X-Men Legends (GCN)

$8.99 - Saw (didn't buy)
Pokemon Colosseum (GCN)
Death by Degrees (PS2)
Arc the Lad (PS2)
Narc (XB)
Wind Waker (GCN)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Picked up a nice find (unrelated to the sale):
Firefighter F.D.18 (PS2, mint/sealed): $29.99 (marked $39.99)

This was a sweet sale, i bought

Harry potter PoA - GBA
Tron 2.0 - GBA
Boktai 2 - GBA

Not much gamecube marked down but they had a crapload of gba games marked down, so if your in the market for gba games this is the place to go, btw i bought my stuff at Media Play.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back