80% off PS2/GBA games at CVS

Nemo_Hyde

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
For those of you that don't know, CVS is a drugstore chain in the NE U.S.

Their selection is terrible, but their PS2 and GBA games are 80% off, making them $3 each. YMMV as this is clearance. There is also a reported $5 off $15 coupon in the ad, which should be in the stores or your Sunday paper.

I picked up a pinball game for the Ps2 a few weeks ago @ $6. There were a couple obscure bmx/motocross games there too.

Maybe good for gamestop trade fodder?

For once, ripped from Fatwallet to CAG.

My CVS clearanced out their video game sections a while ago; I think it was an independent decision. Their selection was ratty and they had generic stuff, like on PS1 they had "Bowling" - the games that came out near the end of the PS1's retail life.

Still, thanks for the heads up, OP.

Hmm... interesting...

Theres CVS Pharmacies in the southern USA too...

I just checked a couple in my neighborhood. Nothing here. It was kinda weird to see a peg next to some generic action figures and party favors that said "PS2 video game". The peg had an 80% flag on it and the price was 8.99. I only saw this in one of the stores, but I could have missed it in the first.

I was out of my house, in both stores and back home in 18 minutes. I got the feeling the other stores in my area were NOT worth a look. Games like pinball, poker and bowling were flashing in my mind. But then again, now that I think about it, they couldnt have been 44.99 originally. I'll check the other dozen stores when I wake up later. They are all within 5 miles of me.

I know of 2 stores that have been around for awhile, so they might have a decent selection. Also I should mention that all Sav-on drug stores are now CVS so this might apply to those stores too.

A lot of CVS opened in the last year in southern Cali. I've seen their game selection, they're comparable with the selection at Ross; that is if you find them, they're pure crap.

[quote name='Quintox']Ditto[/QUOTE]
3rd-o
Where are the video games there? They have them in San Antonio, too.

The one's around here (SC) keep them in the toys section. They would be really easy to miss. They only have like two pegs for hanging games -with about 3 games per peg. So, not much selection but they do have them.

I know of a CVS I sometimes stop at in the morning that I noticed had some games a few months back. I'll have to check it out and see if there is anything of note.

I remember the games in the front being crap, but I didn't feel like having them unlock the case to see what else they had.

I was able to get Parappa The Rappa 2 for the PS2 for $8.99 a few weeks ago. They still have some other games like bowling and tony hawk. probably 3 bucks now.

I feel like I have thousands of CVS's around me, they are everywhere I go. But I doubt they have any type of selection. I will check out the one that is 2 minutes from my house though.

[quote name='nyprimus4']I feel like I have thousands of CVS's around me, they are everywhere I go. But I doubt they have any type of selection. I will check out the one that is 2 minutes from my house though.[/quote]

Yeah... it seems like they're on every damn corner...

[quote name='Rozz']Yeah... it seems like they're on every damn corner...[/QUOTE]

They're like the Starbucks of pharmacies.

There's a stretch on the main road when you can hit an Eckerd's and a CVS within a minute of each other.. and they just finished building a Walgreen's right in the middle.

Kinda like the stretch on a nearby road where there's a Best Buy, Circuit City, and PC Richard (big LI appliance chain) across the road from each other.

I also don't recall ever seeing video games in CVS. I remember seeing DVDs, but not games. I haven't been in a CVS in quite a long time though, and never was a frequent visitor. I'll check some out tomorrow/Wednesday. Thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='musha666']I once found Suikoden there for $5. So who knows, you could get lucky.[/QUOTE]
Are you fucking serious? When was this?

You mean the original Suikoden, right?

didnt realize there were so many people from ny on here

might check out the one thats about 2 minute walk from my house, might..

I'll check it out later this week. I remember when Eckerd had 90% off certain clearance items and saw Hard Hitter Tennis for PS2 for $2.

There are no CVS stores around here. Portland is pretty much dominated by Walgreens and Rite Aid. Out of curiosity, I checked their store finder and the closest locations are in Reno, NV and are "operating as Sav-On Drugs." I have been to one though, when I was in Washington D.C. a few years ago.

I have a feeling CVS will eventually be a nationwide chain, though.

Thanks anyways, OP. As I collect console pinball games (I just got Metroid Prime Pinball the other day, which put me at 20), I may have been interested in anything I didn't own already.

SCORE!!! I picked up Shin Megami Tensei: Nocturne and DDS, Disgaea and Valkyrie Profile 2 (Guess they broke the street date). I know where I'm going to get my PS3 on launch!!!

Just kidding!

The one near me only had Pinball and Ford Racing.

If you don't see them on the shelf, then ask the clerk behind the front counter. They keep them behind there sometimes. I'll have to stop by my local CVS. There is one a Block from my Grandpa's house and I'm due for a visit.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

My dad is a manager at one of them...He clearanced out his a few weeks back...He brought him Dark Cloud 2 for $2.99 not bad of a deal...

I would say YMMV because it depends on when they get the markdown sheets...However, all of the ones in his district gets the markdown sheets at the same time...

bread's done
Back