80G PS3 vs 120G Slim

erequena

CAGiversary!
Feedback
5 (100%)
I own a 80G non-BC PS3 and seeing this Friday's amazon PS3 deal (only one available for me) I'm really tempted on upgrading my old 80G for the 120G Slim.

Now, my question for fellow CAGERs is, is it worth it? (I know the deal is a good one, I'm asking between the 80Gb vs Slim consoles)

Just buy the Slim bundle & play your PS3 games with that & your PS2 with your BC model. So you then have a backup if either 1 breaks.

[quote name='LordKefka06']Just buy the Slim bundle & play your PS3 games with that & your PS2 with your BC model. So you then have a backup if either 1 breaks.[/QUOTE]

His 80GB is not BC.

O, my bad.

In that case, we are in the same situation. What I plan on doing is getting a slim & then just use the one I currently have till it breaks (it's 2+ years old). Then when it does break, I'll have the slim as a backup & I gt 2 free games out of it.

I don't think it's really worth it if your current PS3 is working fine.

There's not much difference besides looks and the 40GB. Is that worth $300 to you?

By the time you actually need another PS3 (i.e. your current one breaks), there will be better deals than just 2 free games.

[quote name='antlp89']I don't think it's really worth it if your current PS3 is working fine.

There's not much difference besides looks and the 40GB. Is that worth $300 to you?

By the time you actually need another PS3 (i.e. your current one breaks), there will be better deals than just 2 free games.[/QUOTE]

Agreed, I brought a Slim, but compared to the original it's not much different. The only reason I got it was because the shelf space wasn't big enough for the original.

umm... keep the original if its working... why the hell would you change?

it should be exactly the same other than size... plus the components in the 80 gig is probably higher quality

bread's done
Back