80gb Metal Gear Solid Bundle up for pre-order on circuitcity.com

I kind of feel cheated since I bought a 40GB model a few months back. Now that I hear Toys R US is pre-ordering, do you think it's not too late to sell it without too much of a loss? I upgraded the hard drive to 120GB, so it might even out.

well, i've decided to place the pre-order through circuit city until Amazon comes through (by opening a pre-order on their site)

[quote name='Sekundez']Seems like its off of CC for now.[/quote]

I'm presuming you mean Fry's? CC is still showing up while Fry's no longer shows up.

[quote name='ronaldhennessy']I kind of feel cheated since I bought a 40GB model a few months back. Now that I hear Toys R US is pre-ordering, do you think it's not too late to sell it without too much of a loss? I upgraded the hard drive to 120GB, so it might even out.[/quote]

id say trade it in for store credit or see if you can return it to where you got it. someone might buy it if but with the word out on this bundle alot of holdouts like me are gonna swoop on this 80gb deal.

[quote name='Kakkarrot23']is there conformation of TRU kre-ordering the bundle[/quote]

Yes, Toys R Us is doing pre-orders in store with $10 deposit. Off topic but they are also doing the God Of War PSP bundle pre-orders too.

[quote name='pak_man7']I'm presuming you mean Fry's? CC is still showing up while Fry's no longer shows up.[/quote]

Naw, I mean that you can't preorder it anymore. It just says coming soon.

[quote name='Sekundez']Naw, I mean that you can't preorder it anymore. It just says coming soon.[/quote]

i see what you mean. before they had a preorder button you could click on to preorder now theres not. they may have sold out of all the 80gb bundles they had allotted which sucks if you wanted it because theres only a few places doing preorders still. it should also make most people who did preorder from there happy since maybe they only did preorder what they had and didnt take more preorders than they had systems.

[quote name='Sekundez']Naw, I mean that you can't preorder it anymore. It just says coming soon.[/quote]

Ah I see. So Fry's and CC's are both no longer taking anymore pre-orders. Happy I pre-ordered one. :p

[quote name='lokizz']id say trade it in for store credit or see if you can return it to where you got it. someone might buy it if but with the word out on this bundle alot of holdouts like me are gonna swoop on this 80gb deal.[/quote]

I can't really do that since I bought it from Target. The 90 day period has passed. BTW, I couldn't return it anyway since I got a gift card with it. I would have to return the gift card in order to get my money back (which I already used). So, off to CL! I'm sure someone will love a 120GB drive in it.

To whomever gave out the TRU tip, thanks. i pre-ordered there. Now is it possible to pay it off in full like GS, or do you have to wait until they get it in?

Hmm...I definitely want to get this bundle since it's easily the best one out there. Do you all really think it's necessary to pre-order though? I'm a little worried that they won't be available come June 12th.

Oh well, I guess I'll stop by Toys R' Us and see if I can get a pre-order there just to be safe.

thanks for the TRU update. I'll be going by the TRU near my work to see if they are taking pre-orders. I'll come by and post if they do.

I'm still torn on whether I should preorder this online or not. I'd prefer to pick it up instore, but the only game stores near me are EB and they're not taking preorders. There's a Fred Meyers a couple blocks form me and maybe they'll have it. I think I'll try my luck at EB as I hate the idea of buying something this expensive getting jossled about in the mail (plus I'm rarely home during the day to sign for stuff).

[quote name='micmac0720']I bought 80 gig PS3 in January with 2 year extended warranty at CC. Do you think I can exchange it for Metal Gear 80 gig?[/QUOTE]

I doubt they'll let you exchange it unless it gets bricked somehow and you use your warranty. Is it worth it?

[quote name='micmac0720']I bought 80 gig PS3 in January with 2 year extended warranty at CC. Do you think I can exchange it for Metal Gear 80 gig?[/quote]

No and you shouldn't feel the need to.

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']I'm still torn on whether I should preorder this online or not. I'd prefer to pick it up instore, but the only game stores near me are EB and they're not taking preorders. There's a Fred Meyers a couple blocks form me and maybe they'll have it. I think I'll try my luck at EB as I hate the idea of buying something this expensive getting jossled about in the mail (plus I'm rarely home during the day to sign for stuff).[/quote]

I pre-ordered at CC first, then when the FYE "deal" came up, I canceled my CC pre-order and went with that. Well, after the cancellation of the FYE pre-orders, I just figured it'd just be better if I picked it up at GS in the morning or something. Probably would have to go early and wait in line, but oh well.

Does anyone know when they will be shipped out? Someplaces like to ship their pre-order items out so the consumer can receive them on the day of release. I think right now I have the 3 day shipping I think, so I am not expecting it that Thursday, but was just curious as to when I think I should look for it.

Also, for those still hoping to pick 1 up in store. Sams club emailed me back letting me know that some of their stores would be carrying some bundles. the person told me that at the moment he wasn't able to say which stores would receive them and/or how many they would be getting in.

JJ

[quote name='MugenNoKaze']Anyone know if Costco is getting them in?[/quote]
I want to know too.

If they do, they will probably bundle it with a second DS2 and another game, and sell it for $600.

I can't recall if Costco carried the 80GB Motorstorm bundle.

bread's done
Back