80GB MGS4 Bundle in stock at NewEgg!

Beacon Hill, Seattle

but i still don't see why they charge for it, they don't have any physical stores like other web retailers who charge tax.

Companies are obligated to collect sales tax when they have any kind of physical presence in a state. So, I pay sales tax on Newegg orders, because they have a warehouse in New Jersey. Technically, though, you are suppose to pay tax, anyway. It's called a use tax. But because no one does, and it would cost the states too much to actually enforce it, many are looking to force e-tailers to collect sales tax, no matter what. As mentioned above, New York has already passed such a law, which Amazon is in the process of fighting, I believe.

[quote name='0192837465']Beacon Hill, Seattle

but i still don't see why they charge for it, they don't have any physical stores like other web retailers who charge tax.[/quote]

I believe any kind of physical presence (office, warehouse, etc.) would require them to collect sales tax. Sucks, I know..

EDIT: Sorry - didn't mean to repeat bigdaddybruce there. I don't know how I missed that!

so would those use tax laws have any effect on new merchandise being sold on secondary markets like ebay in the future?

[quote name='0192837465']so would those use tax laws have any effect on new merchandise being sold on secondary markets like ebay in the future?[/quote]

No clue, really. At the end of the day, I wouldn't worry. I doubt the vast majority of people actually follow tax laws to the "t" when dealing on eBay. And considering that eBay has been pretty reluctant to cooperate with the government and authority in the past, even when it comes to stolen property (citing "privacy" issues), it's not like they are going to release the information that the IRS would need to come after anyone.

I bit. I love newegg, don't have any doubts about them. Bought all of my computer parts there over the years. Put it on my preferred card so it's 6 months same as cash.

I love Newegg, I never had a problem with them,.. and i order from them often... computer parts and stuff...

Just put in my order. I don't care about fighting ghetto people at Walmart for $100 gift card that you might not even get as YMMV.

Newegg is secure and super fast. I've purchased all my parts for my computer when I built it in Sept. 07. No problems at all.

The reason I decided to throw down on Newegg is because it lists the bundle "In Stock." Does this mean this will start shipping before the release date? I'm hoping they will. Can anyone answer this?

Update: Payment has been verified and processed. Item will ship in the next 24-48 hours. I'm expecting it to arrive on the 12th too! Hot damn! I'm joining the Sony Defense Force!

I'm with you. I wasn't looking forward to camping walmart or bestbuy for this, and now I can pay a company that I really like dealing with.

[quote name='MadClassic']The reason I decided to throw down on Newegg is because it lists the bundle "In Stock." Does this mean this will start shipping before the release date? I'm hoping they will. Can anyone answer this?[/QUOTE]

Well, when Halo 3 was coming out, they had units in-stock at least a week prior. Someone here posted about it, several hundred or more of us placed overnight shipping orders, and about the first 100 or so seemed to get it before release. But then newegg was told by MS they were making a HUGE mistake, and they didn't ship for the rest of us. A bunch of us called and cancelled our orders, because the only reason we paid MORE for the game was getting it early, but they shipped most of those orders, and we had to reject it when it arrived. It was your basic nightmare. :(

The one thing I don't understand, is I thought the MGS4 bundle was only $399.99 just like the regular system. Otherwise, why pay MORE for a system that is EXACTLY like the other non-MGS4 systems in every way? The regular edition of the game is only $59 after all.

[quote name='merkman']

The one thing I don't understand, is I thought the MGS4 bundle was only $399.99 just like the regular system. Otherwise, why pay MORE for a system that is EXACTLY like the other non-MGS4 systems in every way? The regular edition of the game is only $59 after all.[/quote]

The MGS4 bundle is the 80GB system (some ps2 BC, 4 USB ports, card readers, etc), comes with a dual shock 3 and the game (plus a free download of PAIN). The 399.99 system is the 40GB unit (no ps2 BC, 2 USB ports, no card readers, etc)

Decisions Decisions. Tax on $500 is is almost $50 in NY. I think Newegg does have tax in NY, but its a little less. plus $15 shipping. Is that the cheapest/slowest shipping available?

At walmart I will pay $550 for a $100 giftcard (this is including tax), or on newegg it would be ~~$530. Just guestimating here on what sort of online tax newegg would put on it.

ideas?

Has anyone confirmed whether or not the MGS4 bundle is limited (not the gunmetal version) or is replacing the Motorstorm one and will be readily available?

[quote name='Arakias']Has anyone confirmed whether or not the MGS4 bundle is limited (not the gunmetal version) or is replacing the Motorstorm one and will be readily available?[/QUOTE]

I too would like to know the answer for this. Also if anyone works at BB, do you know what kinda numbers your store is getting? None of the BB around me will answer me.

[quote name='bdude70']I too would like to know the answer for this. Also if anyone works at BB, do you know what kinda numbers your store is getting? None of the BB around me will answer me.[/quote]

From what I have read/heard, it seems sony is replacing the 80 gb motorstorm bundle with the MGS4 bundle. I think that although supplies will be scarce initially, hopefully they should become easier to find and not be limited.

[quote name='iNCREDiPiNOY']Anybody ordered through this site? Don't be shy...[/quote]

Newegg is one of the best e-tailers, period. Their customer service almost rivals Amazon.

[quote name='BlueScrote']From what I have read/heard, it seems sony is replacing the 80 gb motorstorm bundle with the MGS4 bundle. I think that although supplies will be scarce initially, hopefully they should become easier to find and not be limited.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the answer! But being the impatient little prick that I am, I'll being waking up bright and early to get it at launch. I just hope theres a lot of bundles on day one.

[quote name='merkman']Well, when Halo 3 was coming out, they had units in-stock at least a week prior. Someone here posted about it, several hundred or more of us placed overnight shipping orders, and about the first 100 or so seemed to get it before release. But then newegg was told by MS they were making a HUGE mistake, and they didn't ship for the rest of us. A bunch of us called and cancelled our orders, because the only reason we paid MORE for the game was getting it early, but they shipped most of those orders, and we had to reject it when it arrived. It was your basic nightmare. :([/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone got their games before release. Newegg shipped the games but held them at distribution until the release date. I taked to customer service, they told me to return the game and refunded everything including shipping.

Other than that incident NewEgg is a very reputable site that ships stuff amazingly fast.

Update: Big WTF! I just got an email saying my order is backordered. It's now null and void. Basically, my order is cancelled. This is messed up. Guess I will go to Toys R Us to pick up my pre-order.

yeah i understand. I order my PC from there so I know they are safe. My friend canceled his order from Newegg as well but Customer Service said they will be putting more in stock tonight so who knows.

[quote name='ericthered']yeah i understand. I order my PC from there so I know they are safe. My friend canceled his order from Newegg as well but Customer Service said they will be putting more in stock tonight so who knows.[/quote]

Hmm should I wait for Newegg or go ahead and order from CF? Decisions, decisions.

As much as I love Newegg for normal orders (computer stuff, in stock, not in huge demand), don't they pretty routinely screw up big video game releases? I can remember issues with them on Guitar Hero and Rock Band... (saying they have things in stock, then quoting huge backorder waits?) It's like they use Deep Discount for their game supplies. ;)

[quote name='Justin42']As much as I love Newegg for normal orders (computer stuff, in stock, not in huge demand), don't they pretty routinely screw up big video game releases? I can remember issues with them on Guitar Hero and Rock Band... (saying they have things in stock, then quoting huge backorder waits?) It's like they use Deep Discount for their game supplies. ;)[/quote]

Yeah. I decided to go ahead and place the order with CF and not wait for Newegg to figure it out. Newegg is really good with parts though. Spent so much money there.

[quote name='MadClassic']Update: Big WTF! I just got an email saying my order is backordered. It's now null and void. Basically, my order is cancelled. This is messed up. Guess I will go to Toys R Us to pick up my pre-order.[/quote]

Same here. Pretty annoyed right now. Back to fighting the unwashed masses.

bread's done
Back