80GB PS3 Refurbished $109.99 Microcenter B&M YMMV

Ultragamer

CAGiversary!
Feedback
29 (97%)
Just got back from Microcenter, a friend of mind pointed me to the ad which shows the 80GB PS3 for $109.99. I checked the site last night and it looked like they took the item off their website but the deal is active in stores. Got one for a friend who wasn't able to get in on the deal himself.

Here's a scan of the page they gave me in-store:
80GBPS3.jpg

Receipt
80GBPS3_2.jpg

and a scan of it in the sales ad
80GBPS3_1.jpg

URL for it online(They seem to have taken it the purchase ability offline for it) http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0357487

Edit: Added receipt and scan of the sales ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='R0tatioNz']Cambridge, MA sold out...they don't know when they will restock as it is at random - expecting lots of people to be filling it up this weekend...probably going there when they open and hope for the best each day.
This price is too damn good to pass up...just hope that resellers don't bounce on it first :([/QUOTE]

Keep us updated, I would love to get in on this too. I went last week and they were OOS also.

they have 6 left in the one in Dallas,Tx in Richardson just went with a buddy he bought one it had 3.15 thing looked and smelled brand new.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']is there a way to see what firmware is on the PS3 before u buy it?? I would love to have an older FW one so I can still use Linux[/QUOTE]

The one I got for a friend is running 3.00 is that helps. Although most people seem to be reporting 3.15 on these, haven't seen someone reported higher than that though.

this deal is so friggin good, I could not believe it until I went there and saw it. I really went out of my way but I did it and it was worth it! I ended buying them all at the paterson NJ location. It was only 3 left (not a reseller btw). About $114 for each ps3 with tax. Only 3.5% at this location.

Like many have reported these were BRAND NEW! I couldn't believe that they were all flawless. The ds3s were a bit beat up but these consoles had the shrink wrap and the factory seal smell. All with firmware 3.1 with other OS. I was pissed I missed out on the GC for the ps3 slim at target but this kills it! Deal of the Year!!!!!!

the one in patterson nj had a bunch yesterday, the guy did say they were selling them super fast, is funny how some people pull the Linux excuse, oh well......................

[quote name='Optical']I was at the Columbus, OH one and didn't see any 80GBs, but saw 160GB and 320GB. Might check back tomorrow. When you call are you just asking if they have any refurb 80GBs?[/QUOTE]

Well, no need for me to check then!

Called just now and there are 23 at the one in Cambridge, MA right now that they just got last night.....I am literally getting changed now...hope nobody grabs them before I get there :D

EDIT: I will pick up an extra for any CAG if they don't live near a MC so PM?

[quote name='R0tatioNz']Called just now and there are 23 at the one in Cambridge, MA right now that they just got last night.....I am literally getting changed now...hope nobody grabs them before I get there :D

EDIT: I will pick up an extra for any CAG if they don't live near a MC so PM?[/QUOTE]

Oh wow. I was just there a few days ago and they were out. Too bad I am working today. Are they even open today? I would definitely love to get one to give as a gift.

[quote name='Gabrius']I snagged the last one @ Overland Park, KS today - one of you cheapasses got there minutes before me and grabbed 4 of them, according to the associate ^_^[/QUOTE]
Rats! I was so about to go to that one this week. Snooze you lose I guess... :cry:

[quote name='RolePlayer']Oh wow. I was just there a few days ago and they were out. Too bad I am working today. Are they even open today? I would definitely love to get one to give as a gift.[/QUOTE]
I got mine as soon as I went there. They are closing at 6PM I think today, they will most likely have some left for tomorrow but you should get there EARLY then...I was planning on getting another one but left my card at home so I had to do it with the cash I had :cry:

One of the other employees there was saying how he was going to jump on it later so you should hurry or send someone if you can.

Just called the one in Houston....the lady said they r OOS and the next shipment wouldn't arrive until next Friday (meaning the Friday after the sale is over). Well that sucks for me....anyways, can we get a raincheck on this??

Last edited by a moderator:
tustin, ca store said they sold out day one. wouldn't tell me when they would get more or hold one if they did. If anyone finds something out let me know.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']Just called the one in Houston....the lady said they r OOS and the next shipment wouldn't arrive until next Friday (meaning the Friday after the sale is over). Well that sucks for me....anyways, can we get a raincheck on this??[/QUOTE]

Yeah, some D-bag on SD was bragging about how he scooped up 8 the other day @ the galleria location. Keep us posted if they do give you a rain check.
I wanted to have my sister in law pick this up as a fathers day present for my father in law.

He's not a gamer by any means, hell he beat the shit out of my Tekken fight stick, but on a recent visit here to ATL, he was having a blast playing SSF IV (thank you qwikshake, a fellow local CAGer who GAVE me the game for free).

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']tustin, ca store said they sold out day one. wouldn't tell me when they would get more or hold one if they did. If anyone finds something out let me know.[/QUOTE]

That store never seems to have it together, employees don't seem to give a crap about anything, plus its highly trafficked OC so the next shipment will sellout day 1 again if its still this price.

[quote name='kodave']That store never seems to have it together, employees don't seem to give a crap about anything, plus its highly trafficked OC so the next shipment will sellout day 1 again if its still this price.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I really dislike the tustin store, especially the games dept. When they had the M$ pts card on sale for dirt cheap, they let a few guys clean them out. I wish they'd put item amount restrictions like fry's does or at least hold the damn item for me, I only live 15 minutes away. even gamestop held one of the launch 360 slims for me.

Anyways I called the normal operator, not the games dept and she said they get shipments tuesday and friday. So I guess I'll call tomorrow at opening. She also said they will hold an item if it is not available online like this item is.

edit: has anyone tried getting a raincheck. seems like they sell these all the time, just never with the price mistake at $110.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']Yeah, I really dislike the tustin store, especially the games dept. When they had the M$ pts card on sale for dirt cheap, they let a few guys clean them out. I wish they'd put item amount restrictions like fry's does or at least hold the damn item for me, I only live 15 minutes away. even gamestop held one of the launch 360 slims for me.[/QUOTE]

Its a rare day when I see someone actually manning the counter in the games department. Most of the time the games section is empty and an employee will only come man the counter once you're straying to the point of stepping behind it.

You could literally spend all day in that store without an employee asking if they can help you with something. It's like the Anti-Best Buy, which is good when you want to be left the fuck alone, but bad when you're trying to figure something up and they're all walking around with their heads down or hanging out in one of the back sections.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']tustin, ca store said they sold out day one. wouldn't tell me when they would get more or hold one if they did. If anyone finds something out let me know.[/QUOTE]

Ditto here for the Santa Clara store. I went a while back and they didn't have any. The guy wouldn't give me any hints on possible shipments at all but this does seem like a fantastic bargain.

[quote name='V4oLDbOY']
Anyways I called the normal operator, not the games dept and she said they get shipments tuesday and friday.[/QUOTE]

When I went to the Cambridge one, they said the exact same thing but I didn't trust them so I went in today and it came in on Sunday night and I got them on Monday. Game releases/DVD stuff get released on Tuesdays usually as sold but they get them earlier usually....so yeah go check in whenever, I called and it was awesome.

Does anyone know if you're supposed to get anything stating a 1-year warranty or if the receipt is all that you get? Just want to be safe in case anything happens.

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']Just called the one in Houston....the lady said they r OOS and the next shipment wouldn't arrive until next Friday (meaning the Friday after the sale is over). Well that sucks for me....anyways, can we get a raincheck on this??[/QUOTE]

I was told by an employee that you cannot get a raincheck because it is a permanent price drop. You SHOULD be able to get it at the $110 price point whenever they get the next shipment.

I wonder if this price is intended to be permanent, but just wasn't intended to be posted until after the rumored MSRP price drop on new PS3s around E3, next week. If (big IF) new PS3s go all the way down to $199, then it makes sense that used/refurbished older models would have to be significantly less. So maybe the only "mistake" here was releasing this price one 2-week ad cycle early.

[quote name='fueledbytrueman']I was told by an employee that you cannot get a raincheck because it is a permanent price drop. You SHOULD be able to get it at the $110 price point whenever they get the next shipment.[/QUOTE]

Wasn't the $110 a price mistake?? Hopefully it's permanent so I can grab one when the next shipment comes in

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']Wasn't the $110 a price mistake?? Hopefully it's permanent so I can grab one when the next shipment comes in[/QUOTE]

I'd be surprised if it's a mistake. Tons have been sold at this price for a couple weeks now all across the company. I think they'd have adjusted it by now. At worst this is just a sale, but like I said I'm pretty sure that this is a MC price drop.

These are basically excess stock they are clearing out, from most posts it seems people have gotten brand new ps3s. Sony or whomever probably just repackaged them into refurb boxes in order to sell them at a lower cost. Once the supply is gone the price will be most likely as well.

[quote name='RallyV']Does anyone know if you're supposed to get anything stating a 1-year warranty or if the receipt is all that you get? Just want to be safe in case anything happens.[/QUOTE]

I've seen in another post that the user investigated the warranty with Microcenter and that it was actually an error and the warranty does not exist. You might want to verify with the store you bought it at as in the other forum people are getting 2 year warrantys from squaretrade to compensate.

I've given up on this deal. Called again today, said they didn't get any and wont for a while. Here's to hping a price drop is coming because this deal was pretty good.

I scored one today at the Bridgeton, MO store. They said their computer is showing negative 4 in stock for some reason, but that they actually have 2 in the back, after the one I bought. This was at 1 PM Tuesday afternoon, so no idea if they still have them, but worth a try.

[quote name='Teh Reaper']they have 6 left in the one in Dallas,Tx in Richardson just went with a buddy he bought one it had 3.15 thing looked and smelled brand new.[/QUOTE]

Do you know if they still have any? they never seem to want to answer the phone

I'm soo mad that I couldn't find one of these. My fiance was in Houston for the week. No luck there. Got a hold of my cousin in Dallas, no luck there either! I got permission from my fiance to get a second PS3 @ this price.

[quote name='Ultragamer']Just got back from Microcenter, a friend of mind pointed me to the ad which shows the 80GB PS3 for $109.99. I checked the site last night and it looked like they took the item off their website but the deal is active in stores. Got one for a friend who wasn't able to get in on the deal himself.

Here's a scan of the page they gave me in-store:
80GBPS3.jpg

Receipt
80GBPS3_2.jpg

and a scan of it in the sales ad
80GBPS3_1.jpg

URL for it online(They seem to have taken it the purchase ability offline for it) http://www.microcenter.com/single_product_results.phtml?product_id=0357487

Edit: Added receipt and scan of the sales ad.[/QUOTE]

The madison heights mi store...im definately checking that out.

[quote name='SportInjectionR']Just called the Fairfax, VA store, no luck.[/QUOTE]

If it is close...go. Be sure to ask a random person NOT someone working the videogame section. The sku is 272856.

[quote name='fraggedbylaggers']If it is close...go. Be sure to ask a random person NOT someone working the videogame section. The sku is 272856.[/QUOTE]

This - When I picked mine up on Monday two clerks in the game section were there, when one saw the deal he went in back and took one for himself.

I think I might just have to make a trip there, when I called the Madison Heights, Mi store the employee that answered the phone was so quick to say no without even hesitating or checking.

[quote name='trunkszero']I think I might just have to make a trip there, when I called the Madison Heights, Mi store the employee that answered the phone was so quick to say no without even hesitating or checking.[/QUOTE]

That is probably because they get that many calls a day.

Swung by Houston location after being told they were actually gonna receive some today rather than next friday...they didn't get any. The worker informed me the price is going back to $209 next week so that sucks

[quote name='WiiShopChannels']Swung by Houston location after being told they were actually gonna receive some today rather than next friday...they didn't get any. The worker informed me the price is going back to $209 next week so that sucks[/QUOTE]

lame...........

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']There aren't BC with ps2 games are they? I'm really just looking for an excuse to buy one.[/QUOTE]

They are not.

bread's done
Back