80gig and 60gig PS3 Used for $450 at Gamestop

finsfan0210

CAGiversary!
Feedback
199 (100%)
Just thought I let everyone know(even though alot of may already know this) but Gamestop has 80gig and 60gig PS3's on their website for $450. Now I know they are nazi's but it may be a deal to some who are looking to get a 80 or 60gig. They also have 20gigs used($379) also. They say they have them instock too. Heres a picture of them.
clearshim.gif

search_110spacer.gif
clearshim.gif
[SIZE=-1]PS3 System with 80GB HD (Gamestop Refurbished) [/SIZE]
clear.gif

clear.gif
clearshim.gif
search_Usedtitle.gif
$449.99
clear.gif

clear.gif

search_110spacer.gif
clearshim.gif
[SIZE=-1]PS3 System with 60GB HD (Gamestop Refurbished) [/SIZE]
clear.gif
search_Usedtitle.gif
$449.99
clear.gif

It's not worth the risk at $50 off retail price. Wait until the 80gb Metal Gear pack comes out for $499 and get a brand new system, game, and a dual shock. I've heard nothing but bad things about Gamestop's refurbished systems.

[quote name='Malignpariah']Does the edge card work for systems also, or just games?[/quote]

thats a good question i'm not sure. u could add the system to ur cart on the site and add ur edge card plus cag16 and saver and see if it gives you the discounts

Has anybody tried "pairing" these up with the $100 credit refund with the first use of a Sony Credit card? That should work, right?

I don't know about the Sony credit card thing, the refurbs most likely have a different SKU assigned to them then a regular system, Sony might not recognize it as a valid purchase.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']It's not worth the risk at $50 off retail price. Wait until the 80gb Metal Gear pack comes out for $499 and get a brand new system, game, and a dual shock. I've heard nothing but bad things about Gamestop's refurbished systems.[/quote]

What exactly is the deal with the MGS bundle? Is the BC confirmed? I've heard it is but never actually saw it confirmed 100%. I also seem to remember hearing the were limited in number or something like that.

[quote name='graf1k']What exactly is the deal with the MGS bundle? Is the BC confirmed? I've heard it is but never actually saw it confirmed 100%. I also seem to remember hearing the were limited in number or something like that.[/QUOTE]

It's the original 80G unit so it's going to have the same 80-90% compatibility as any 80G platform.

In addition to the plain 80G MSG4 bundle, there is supposed to be a limited edition which the 80G platform will have a gunmetal gray color. I don't recall if that's the only difference or if it would include the Limited MGS4 (game) version. it's possible that it may be a 40G because Japan's version of the limited edition bundle had a 40G unit. Maybe someone else can chime in with more updated news.

Im seriously thinking about picking this up. My income check just arrived and I'ved been waiting for a good deal to come around. Metal Gear Solid 4, dualshock, 80 gig PS3....man thats a real good deal for $500. :whistle2:k ....fix car or walk to work and play MGS4...:whee: what do I do !!!!

wow if that's true, then i might wait until then to buy a ps3. i've been just waiting to buy a ps3, but that bundle might be point where i could break.

[quote name='bob330i']It's the original 80G unit so it's going to have the same 80-90% compatibility as any 80G platform.

In addition to the plain 80G MSG4 bundle, there is supposed to be a limited edition which the 80G platform will have a gunmetal gray color. I don't recall if that's the only difference or if it would include the Limited MGS4 (game) version. it's possible that it may be a 40G because Japan's version of the limited edition bundle had a 40G unit. Maybe someone else can chime in with more updated news.[/quote]

This MGS bundle will steer everyone away from the 40gb ps3, therefore causing a price drop in 40gb hopefully late this year, early 2009. Plus 40gb doesn't have BC, thats another factor. Thats my guess. They will knock off $100 40gb system, just be patient. it will happen

I can't believe they are selling the 20GB for $379.99 when they were selling new 20GB's for that price a few months ago, and the used price was $349.99

LOL used. Rather get a new 60 GB for that same price, but I'm gonna have to wait for that 80 GB with MGS 4. Though if its that same color as the one in Japan instead of the regular piano-black, Sony can go screw themselves.

[quote name='bob330i']It's the original 80G unit so it's going to have the same 80-90% compatibility as any 80G platform.

In addition to the plain 80G MSG4 bundle, there is supposed to be a limited edition which the 80G platform will have a gunmetal gray color. I don't recall if that's the only difference or if it would include the Limited MGS4 (game) version. it's possible that it may be a 40G because Japan's version of the limited edition bundle had a 40G unit. Maybe someone else can chime in with more updated news.[/quote]

Thanks for the info. I really hope I can get my hands on one of the Gunmetal gray ones. I like the matte finish over the piano gloss one. So the limited one has the same BC as the 80GB bundle? Because I've been jonsing to play Odin Sphere upscaled for a while now.

what is thier policy on returning video game systems? what if my PS3 is Dead on arrival? Can I return it no questions asked?

Don't know if I should get a used 60 gig or wait for the MGS bundle in June. Anyone know what type of warranty they offer on the used ones?

[quote name='jp554731']what is thier policy on returning video game systems? what if my PS3 is Dead on arrival? Can I return it no questions asked?[/quote]

I believe it's 30 days no questions asked on used items.

I ordered a used 60gb last week and again this week, both times they were "in stock" and both times they were canceled because they didn't have supply.

I have heard/read somewhere that the gunmetal grey won't be sold here, but I am not sure. The release date as far as I know is June 12th.

I also was trying to convince the local gamestop to let me reserve 1, but they won't.

Also, the salesperson there told me that the 80gb version isn't 100% backwards compatible (sp?). Is there a way to to find a list of games that don't work?

thanks

JJ

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Damn, I'm getting a sony cc now... $100 would really help me a lot :)[/quote]

Are they still running that deal? Is there a catch?

[quote name='carn311']Are they still running that deal? Is there a catch?[/quote]
Yeah supposedly. I'm not 18 yet, but will be in a week so I'll apply. I believe you get $100 on your first purchase of $299, which would pretty much be a ps3 lol. So that'd work perfectly. I don't know if it takes $100 off that purchase or if it's like they give you $100 to spend on more sony products (like games/controllers/another ps3)

Oh wait I found this linky here
So I was right about the $299 but I believe it is catch free... except you have to buy from their store. Like buy the PS3 from their website. Get $100. And it's towards your next purchase right? haha someone correct me if I'm wrong plz.

PS3 80 GB
PS3 40 GB

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Yeah supposedly. I'm not 18 yet, but will be in a week so I'll apply. I believe you get $100 on your first purchase of $299, which would pretty much be a ps3 lol. So that'd work perfectly. I don't know if it takes $100 off that purchase or if it's like they give you $100 to spend on more sony products (like games/controllers/another ps3)

So I was right about the $299 but I believe it is catch free... except you have to buy from their store. Like buy the PS3 from their website. Get $100. And it's towards your next purchase right? haha someone correct me if I'm wrong plz.

PS3 80 GB
PS3 40 GB[/quote]

Awesome. Thanks.

[quote name='GaveUpTomorrow']It's not worth the risk at $50 off retail price. Wait until the 80gb Metal Gear pack comes out for $499 and get a brand new system, game, and a dual shock. I've heard nothing but bad things about Gamestop's refurbished systems.[/quote]

What? It's not like the PS3 has a history of trouble anyway, there is nothing wrong with getting a refurb, and you would have 30 days to play it and try it out anyway.

DO NOT BUY! I REPEAT DO NOT BUY!!!! I have been in a struggle with them over a refurbished ps3 60gb for over 2 months. my first one died within hours of me opening it and playing it, it then stopped taking discs. the second one i had for about 2-3 weeks and worked amazingly and i was so excited, until it crashed on me and displayed some weird message. after turning it on once more and trying to play it, it crashed again. i then tried a different game thinking of course it could be the game... trying another game made it crash...permanently...it wouldn't turn on at all, no matter what i tried, i then gave up, called GS customer service, after talking to a woman, she told me since it wasn't working i could open my ps3 to get the game inside...out... she said that it was not her problem but she would notify that i opened it so they wouldn't be worried when it arrived in the warehouse. after removing the game i sent it back to the warehouse wanting another one... after a week after they had recieved it (by what ups said). i called and asked what was going on, they didn't even know they recieved it yet and then said they would send one out asap, i replied and said i was sick of it and said i just wanted my money back, the guy said ok and said he would process it and would be back in my account within a week to 10 days...2 weeks later i called and found out nothing has been done yet... yelling at yet another customer service person...shye said she would pass it on to her manager and something would be done asap and i would see something in my account within a week. that week has passed and now i get to call them tomorrow when i get off work. dont buy referbed 60 or 80s from gamestop, please.

[quote name='xsouthparkx']Yeah supposedly. I'm not 18 yet, but will be in a week so I'll apply. I believe you get $100 on your first purchase of $299, which would pretty much be a ps3 lol. So that'd work perfectly. I don't know if it takes $100 off that purchase or if it's like they give you $100 to spend on more sony products (like games/controllers/another ps3)

PS3 80 GB
PS3 40 GB[/quote]

They'll credit your bill $100 dollars within 4-6 weeks, though mine got credited within a week of my purchase. So it's not off instantly, but in the end you wouldn't have to pay that $100 so it's like $100 off. Not sure if you have to purchase direct from Sony or not, cause that's what I did, I heard it's changed to you can purchase elsewhere, but it would have to be a new Sony product though, not a used or refub since it wouldn't show up as a Sony UPC or whatever.

[quote name='Thongsy']They'll credit your bill $100 dollars within 4-6 weeks, though mine got credited within a week of my purchase. So it's not off instantly, but in the end you wouldn't have to pay that $100 so it's like $100 off. Not sure if you have to purchase direct from Sony or not, cause that's what I did, I heard it's changed to you can purchase elsewhere, but it would have to be a new Sony product though, not a used or refub since it wouldn't show up as a Sony UPC or whatever.[/quote]

According to claims on slickdeals, people are saying that you don't have to even buy a sony product or from the sonystore. People have been buying amazon gift cards and getting credited.

[quote name='blazingwing']DO NOT BUY! I REPEAT DO NOT BUY!!!! I have been in a struggle with them over a refurbished ps3 60gb for over 2 months. my first one died within hours of me opening it and playing it, it then stopped taking discs. the second one i had for about 2-3 weeks and worked amazingly and i was so excited, until it crashed on me and displayed some weird message. after turning it on once more and trying to play it, it crashed again. i then tried a different game thinking of course it could be the game... trying another game made it crash...permanently...it wouldn't turn on at all, no matter what i tried, i then gave up, called GS customer service, after talking to a woman, she told me since it wasn't working i could open my ps3 to get the game inside...out... she said that it was not her problem but she would notify that i opened it so they wouldn't be worried when it arrived in the warehouse. after removing the game i sent it back to the warehouse wanting another one... after a week after they had recieved it (by what ups said). i called and asked what was going on, they didn't even know they recieved it yet and then said they would send one out asap, i replied and said i was sick of it and said i just wanted my money back, the guy said ok and said he would process it and would be back in my account within a week to 10 days...2 weeks later i called and found out nothing has been done yet... yelling at yet another customer service person...shye said she would pass it on to her manager and something would be done asap and i would see something in my account within a week. that week has passed and now i get to call them tomorrow when i get off work. dont buy referbed 60 or 80s from gamestop, please.[/quote]

I had the same issue, I was hunting 60gb PS3s from store to store (because they don't offer the warranty online). They kept breaking on me within hours or days. Finally gave in, thinking online would have more reliable consoles and they canceled my order.

So much trouble, I finally gave in and paid $150 more to get a new one from gameexpress.com. It may have hurt my wallet a bit but I'd rather have something that works and is covered by Sony warranty.

[quote name='saintpale']What? It's not like the PS3 has a history of trouble anyway, there is nothing wrong with getting a refurb, and you would have 30 days to play it and try it out anyway.[/quote]

Are you kidding me? I haven't heard a single good thing about refurbs from Gamestop, including PS3s. I know the PS3 is a well built system and has a extremely low failure rate, but I've already heard 10 or so horror stories. People who have bought a refurbished PS3 from gamestop have it break right after the warranty period, or they'd pick one up and it wouldn't read disks, so they'd take it back and get another one, and that one would display a picture at all, etc. Why wouldn't I warn against it with everything I've heard?

I own a refurbished computer from Dell and I haven't had a single problem with it, so I have no problem with refurbished products. However, I saved several hundred dollars off the price I would have spent and got the same 1 year warranty I would have with the new computer. When you're spending around the $400-500 range though, is it really worth saving $50 to get a refurbished system with a 1 month warranty instead of a 1 year warranty? No...that's just plain stupid if you ask me. Honestly, if anyone wants a PS3, wait for the MGS4 bundle, or just buy the 40gb right now as it is cheaper. If ps2 games are that important, buy a PS2 when they drop to $100. For $50, it just isn't worth it. I guess if they were priced at $399, it may be a little more worth it.

Anyone with common sense will stay away from these, unless you absolutely HAVE to own a 60gb...which a few CAGs have already said they'll cancel your order. Listen to Blazingwing and save yourself the trouble...I've seen plenty of stories just like his from people buying a PS3 from Gamestop.

bread's done
Back