8800gtx

Keegs

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Ok so I'm rocking the latest and greatest...of 2006. I have a Q6600 and an nVidia 8800GTX. It's still running stuff very well on 1680 x 1050, but i'm looking to attach it to my HDTV (1080).

Do you think I can get away with just upgrading the video card? If so, any recommendations? It seems like you don't need to buy the $500 beasts anymore since every game is designed for the 360 and gets ported. I'm not too worried about running crysis @ the highest settings and getting 120 fps, but something competent.

Or...should I just suck it up and do a new build? Should I go i7?

Any tips would be great. I used to be on the ball with this stuff but i haven't kept up on all these goodies.

Thanks!

Thanks man, I only glanced at the first post in that thread. Too early in the morning for me to be posting, heh.

I realize this is a month old but that link that guy gave you is filled with outdated stuff in the OP.

Yes you should get a new card and I would base your purchase decision off of your budget. If its around $200 id get the Nvidia Gtx 460 or Amd 6850

Both are upgrades to your card, you would need to have a 500W psu.

I wouldn't really go too much higher than that as you will just find yourself getting cpu limited past the Gtx 470 and Amd 6950

[quote name='retrad']I realize this is a month old but that link that guy gave you is filled with outdated stuff in the OP.

Yes you should get a new card and I would base your purchase decision off of your budget. If its around $200 id get the Nvidia Gtx 460 or Amd 6850

Both are upgrades to your card, you would need to have a 500W psu.

I wouldn't really go too much higher than that as you will just find yourself getting cpu limited past the Gtx 470 and Amd 6950[/QUOTE]

That's why you post your question in the latest post of the thread, retrad. How retraded can ye be?

obviously not as retarded as you, you could have answered his question in the time it took you to post your link, that is if you knew anything about computers which obviously you dont.

[quote name='retrad']obviously not as retarded as you, you could have answered his question in the time it took you to post your link, that is if you knew anything about computers which obviously you dont.[/QUOTE]

13 years old are so cute when they try to pretend they have intelligence. Awww look at him. :D

[quote name='retrad']obviously you are just a troll nice try not going to happen.[/QUOTE]

Yet you respond. The OP already stated Thanks and knew how to use the thread to get the assistance he needed but you're the one that caught your period over text on a game forum. Shameful.

Onward!

bread's done
Back