8gb for the psp worth the 180$$???

Crimson_Raven25

CAGiversary!
right now i have a sony 2gb mem card
i was thinking about buying the sony 8gb, of corse it for hombrew and psx and stuff. but i was woundering did any1 pick one up or know if its worth the 180$$?? let alone working with the psp im worried by buying it, and it not working on the psp

I hate the memory stick. There is no fucking reason why they should be so expensive, especially when you compare it to SD cards which a decent size can be had at $20.

[quote name='Halo05']Can the PSP even properly detect 8 gig cards? I thought 4 was the max.[/quote]
yeah the psp can use a 8gb, but you'll need 2.81 firmware but were long pass that, it gives u 7,687 MB or to sound more pleasing 7.35gb

p.s. it use to be as much a xbox 360...400$$$

[quote name='SOSTrooper']It'll come down in price soon, so have patience.

You can get a 4GB Pro Duo for $40.[/quote] Gotta love how they charge $6 to ship it, though. Makes Newegg's shipping charges look reasonable.

[quote name='Crimson_Raven25']ok amzone they have a awsome price for a 8gb 4gb $193.82, now that worth it
[/quote]

English translation please?

[quote name='johnnypark']I kinda feel like on principle that no accessory should ever cost as much or more than the system itself.[/quote]

Yeah... I remember when I first heard about the datel 4gb backpack for like what? $120 and now you can get a 4gb stick for $40. xD

from what i heard the transfer rate and speed it loads up games is horrible, but thats from what i heard, I vote buying two 4 gigs, or hell for the price of buying a 8gig you can get three 4 gigs.

If you're buying it for homebrew
500mb will hold almost all nes/gba/snes/genesis games
2gb will hold all that and neogeo games
a 4gb will hold that and 4-8 ps1 games
But cards, even memory stick cards, drop fast in price. Unless you really need more space for music and videos, hold off on the 8gb

[quote name='vherub']2gb will hold all that and neogeo games
[/quote]

Exactly what I'm going to use my 4 gig for.

GBA + NES + SNES + Neo-Geo all in my pocket = Holy **** :hot:

Question from a psp noob: There are different types of memory stick, the regular (pro duo) and then there is also the 'ultra' or 'high speed' ones.

is there any improvement when using the faster media?
(about to go buy a 4gb stick myself and would like a good one)

bread's done
Back