$9.99/$12.99 new Blu-Ray titles at Blockbuster(including Avatar Extended Edition)

joker______

CAGiversary!
$7.99 titles:

Rocknrolla
The Transporter
The Transporter 3
Michael Jackson's This is It
Where The Wild Things Are

$9.99 titles:

Dark Knight w/ Bad Pod
Star Trek (2009)
The Expendables
A Team
Speed
28 Days Later
Salt
Batman Begins
Behind Enemy Lines
Book of Eli
The Departed
I Am Legend
Gran Torino
Inception (1-disc)
Robin Hood
Unstoppable
Troy
The Other Guys
Eclipse
New Moon
Terminator 3
Taken
The Last Exorcism
Let Me In

$12.99 titles:

Avatar Extended Collector's Edition
The Social Network
The Notebook Limited Edition
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3 (2 Disc)
WALL E (2 Disc)
Ghostbusters
Red: Special Edition
Alice in Wonderland
Coraline
Top Gun
Prince of Persia
Transformers 2
Shrek Forever After
Boondock Saints
Resident Evil Afterlife
Notebook
Sorcerer's Apprentice
Underworld Rise of Lycans
Proposal
Prince of Persia
District 9
The Matrix

Below is the Google Shopper link for all New items with "blu" in the title for Blockbuster:

Link

Last edited by a moderator:
It's been discussed at length in the blockbuster 5 for 20 thread, but for the casual viewer, this might help clue them into a deal... BE SURE to get the game scanned even if it is marked at more than 12.99... It will most likely be 12.99 like the OP says...

There are also many other new titles on sale at BBV in the 9.99 to 12.99 range like Social Network, Notebook CE, Dark Knight Batpod Edition, A-Team and many others

[quote name='zman73']It's been discussed at length in the blockbuster 5 for 20 thread, but for the casual viewer, this might help clue them into a deal... BE SURE to get the game scanned even if it is marked at more than 12.99... It will most likely be 12.99 like the OP says...

There are also many other new titles on sale at BBV in the 9.99 to 12.99 range like Social Network, Notebook CE, Dark Knight Batpod Edition, A-Team and many others[/QUOTE]

get the game scanned?

Sorry I didn't know it was discussed in the 5 for $20 thread,honestly I thought it was for used movies but ill close this thread then when I get home.

Thanks for the thread, i would have never known since i dont go in that thread. i think this is new thread worthy.

might as well mention some of the other noteworthy $12.99 blurays:

the Notebook Limited edition
Toy Story
Toy Story 2
Toy Story 3 2 Disc
WALL E 2 Disc

Some other $9.99 Blus:

Speed
28 Days Later
Salt
Batman Begins
Behind Enemy Lines
Book of Eli
The Departed
I Am Legend
Gran Torino
Inception (1-disc)
Robin Hood
Unstoppable
Troy

$12.99:

Ghostbusters
Alice in Wonderland
Coraline
Top Gun
Prince of Persia
Transformers 2
Shrek Forever After
Taken
Boondock Saints

[quote name='mister timely']Some other $9.99 Blus:

Speed
28 Days Later
Salt
Batman Begins
Behind Enemy Lines
Book of Eli
The Departed
I Am Legend
Gran Torino
Inception (1-disc)
Robin Hood
Unstoppable
Troy

$12.99:

Ghostbusters
Alice in Wonderland
Coraline
Top Gun
Prince of Persia
Transformers 2
Shrek Forever After
Taken
Boondock Saints[/QUOTE]

thank you timely,i will update the OP

Part of me wants to get the notebook and Batman just for the LE, but I doubt it. Let me know when some 3D BD's drop. My one store has 3 or 4 3D Piranha BD's.

[quote name='doubledown']Part of me wants to get the notebook and Batman just for the LE, but I doubt it. Let me know when some 3D BD's drop. My one store has 3 or 4 3D Piranha BD's.[/QUOTE]

U know the Le is on Amazon for like $15.

Does these $10 and $13 titles work with the 5 for $20 deal?

I dont recall see these Le at Blockbuster last time. Did Blockbuster restock?

I picked up:
*Salt ($9.99)
*Resident Evil Afterlife ($12.99)
*Notebook ($12.99)
*Sorcerer's Apprentice ($12.99)
*Underworld Rise of Lycans ($12.99)
*Proposal ($12.99)
*Prince of Persia ($12.99)

Now, I'm broke...

[quote name='The Punisher']U know the Le is on Amazon for like $15.

Does these $10 and $13 titles work with the 5 for $20 deal?

I dont recall see these Le at Blockbuster last time. Did Blockbuster restock?[/QUOTE]

The 5 for $20 is only for used dvds and blurays $9.99 and below.

YMMV, but I PMed Toy Story 1 and Toy Story 3 (3 disc + DC) at Best Buy since I had $20 in RZ certs.

Ended up getting them along with 2 madden 11 penny guides for a little over $5 out of pocket.

Need to go pick up The Notebook and Top Gun, only two movies I don't have. but I might skip Top Gun a newer version comes out in a few weeks.

Picked up Star Trek 3-disc edition for $9.99 tonight as well as the digibook edition of The Matrix for $12.99. They also had non-digibook editions of The Matrix for the same price.

Also $10:

Eclipse
New Moon
Terminator 3
RockARolla

Thanks for the heads-up!

Anyone tried a supposedly expired DISTRICT 9 digital copy code lately?

[quote name='crazedracerguy']Do any of there (if anyone knows) include digital copies? hat seems to be the only way I get to watch movies with a 3 year old... TIA[/QUOTE]

Several do, but some are already expired. STAR TREK and DISTRICT 9, for example. TOY STORY 3 is one title that has a valid digital copy still.

UPDATE: Actually, STAR TREK is still valid! Woohoo! Redeeming it now!

Last edited by a moderator:
Damn, several things on that list that I'd be interested in (been waiting for a deal like this to come up on Star Trek in particular -- don't get why that one still hasn't dropped in price at all), but all of the really nearby Blockbuster stores are gone. The closest stores that are still open are pretty far out of the way to go to just to look for a few titles that I don't even know that they'll have in stock. :/

[quote name='arcane93']Damn, several things on that list that I'd be interested in (been waiting for a deal like this to come up on Star Trek in particular -- don't get why that one still hasn't dropped in price at all), but all of the really nearby Blockbuster stores are gone. The closest stores that are still open are pretty far out of the way to go to just to look for a few titles that I don't even know that they'll have in stock. :/[/QUOTE]

Same here. closest here is silver spring, md

[quote name='The Punisher']Same here. closest here is silver spring, md[/QUOTE]

Heh, yeah, that's one of the ones on my "semi-nearby" list, though the closest to me is in Clifton, VA. I don't even know where Clifton is exactly, but I'm pretty sure that I have no good reason whatsoever to go there. :lol:

Didn't pick anything up (was looking for Avatar and TSN), but I did see that they had the new Wall Street and the new Friday the 13th, both with slipcovers.

[quote name='The Punisher']Same here. closest here is silver spring, md[/QUOTE]

Is that the one that's like near the Silver Spring Metro? East-West Highway I believe? I was thinking about going to that store this week and see if they had any of these in stock.

[quote name='Rafael122']Is that the one that's like near the Silver Spring Metro? East-West Highway I believe? I was thinking about going to that store this week and see if they had any of these in stock.[/QUOTE]

Yes it is.Can u see if they have dark knight with bat pod?

Picked up Avatar CE today. The CE is in a different box than the rest of the movies and for some reason the clerk couldn't remove it. We had to break it open to remove the movie... I was hoping to get The Dark Knight with the batpod but they didn't have it.

Avatar CE showed up mysteriously at my local BBV at $13. No interest in it though.

Happened to look behind the counter, and there was a Notebook LE Blu and a Batman/Batpod blu there. I may pick up the batpod when I go in the morning for the B1G1.

You guys should jump on these prices asap... just came out of my local BBV (Rockaway, NJ) and the batpod ed of TDK and the social network seem to have been "fixed" and are now priced at $24.99 each.

man looking at this page is just depressing all i want is star trek on blu ray and i cant find it anywhere for around that price sealed and my local bb or either closed or not corperate stores

I picked up The Notebook Limited Edition last night. It was a total blind buy. I hope it's good. I am a fan of Ryan Gosling, especially after watching Blue Valentine.

[quote name='dabamus']What is this? A fucking Maryland/Virginia thread? :p[/QUOTE]

:Grouphug:

When does this deal end?

Batman DK with pod is on amazon for $23

Along with my original purchases stopped and got a Dark Knight Bat Pod thing, already own on blu but for $10 I could own one of the greatest movies OF ALL TIME in a cool case

[quote name='merchie89']Along with my original purchases stopped and got a Dark Knight Bat Pod thing, already own on blu but for $10 I could own one of the greatest movies OF ALL TIME in a cool case[/QUOTE]

I just got the last one at my BBV! Great deal for a great movie (seen it like 5 times)

I will probably put the disc in a blu ray case.

Still debating about the notebook LE for $12.99. Wish it had the dvd included too. (not for me of course)

Got the 4-disc set of Toy Story 3 and the 3 disc set for Avatar, both on blu ray for 12.99 each. Very stoked, thanks OP.

Last week the only blockbuster left near me got in more Avatar EE blus. But I was looking around the opposite side of the store where the dvds are and they had the Notebook LE blus over with the DVD box sets. It was stickered still at 34.99 but had the lady scan it. She gave it a funny look and said well the sticker says 34.99 and I said well does it ring up 12.99? So got it for that price.

Walked in to my local Blockbuster today and picked up Avatar EE for $12.99 new on blu ray. Also got Unstoppable for $9.99 new on blu ray. Also saw the Twilight movies for $7.99 new on blu ray if that tickles anyone's fancy.

bread's done
Back