$9~ shipped HDMI - DVI cable for PS3 today only!

On the PS3, you can select seperate outputs for Video and Audio. Meaning you can use standard AV cables for the Audio and HDMI for video only.

So, I can use this to plug my PS3 into my computer's monitor, right? As long as I have a DVI-input?

I think I may go ahead and buy this for when I move to my dorm. Thanks!

[quote name='mattcube64']So, I can use this to plug my PS3 into my computer's monitor, right? As long as I have a DVI-input?

I think I may go ahead and buy this for when I move to my dorm. Thanks![/QUOTE]

yes, i believe so. just make sure you have something for plugging the audio into since DVI alone has no audio.

[quote name='mattcube64']So, I can use this to plug my PS3 into my computer's monitor, right? As long as I have a DVI-input?

I think I may go ahead and buy this for when I move to my dorm. Thanks![/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure that your monitor has to be HDCP compatible in order to play games.

[quote name='pop311']Can I use this a DLP TV with HDMI inputs? My cable box is DVI and my TV is HDMI.[/QUOTE]
I can't undertsnad what you're asking but...

If you're TV has a DVI input you can use this cable. If you're TV has HDMI inputs you can use an HDMI cable.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I can't undertsnad what you're asking but...

If you're TV has a DVI input you can use this cable. If you're TV has HDMI inputs you can use an HDMI cable.[/quote]What I am asking is if my cable box(used for watching TV) has a DVI plug-in, but my TV has an HDMI plug-in, will these cables work to transmitt the data from the cablebox, to the TV.

[quote name='pop311']What I am asking is if my cable box(used for watching TV) has a DVI plug-in, but my TV has an HDMI plug-in, will these cables work to transmitt the data from the cablebox, to the TV.[/QUOTE]
It should work. May want to Google the model # of your cable box and see if others were able to use this type of cable.

[quote name='Ugamer_X']I'm pretty sure that your monitor has to be HDCP compatible in order to play games.[/quote]

do ps3 games utilize hdcp? it may be only for bluray

i had to go through a rig to get my 360 hd dvd player to work because it would not work on my lcd monitor because it wasnt hdcp and i didnt have a vga adapter or w.e

had to connect with component to my tv...

[quote name='guyver2077']do ps3 games utilize hdcp? it may be only for bluray

i had to go through a rig to get my 360 hd dvd player to work because it would not work on my lcd monitor because it wasnt hdcp and i didnt have a vga adapter or w.e

had to connect with component to my tv...[/QUOTE]
You may be right, I wouldn't be able to test it because my monitor is HDCP compatible.

Either way, something doesn't work if your monitor isn't HDCP compatible.

Whats the difference between this cable, and the one's with an end like this:
BA22626.jpg

edit. I think this is the one I need:http://www.monoprice.com/products/p...cs_id=1024004&p_id=2889&seq=1&format=2&style=
I didnt know there were 2 different kinds :oops:

bread's done
Back