90% off Green Tagged Items at TRU

Status
Not open for further replies.

Death2Sanity

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
This just came in on the intranet this afternoon. Starting tomorrow (2-9), all green tagged items will now be reduced 90%.

Odds are, there isn't much good stuff left...but what IS left will be $1-4, so some of that junk might be worth looking into.

WTF! I just got UC yesterday for 70 percent (well my bro did... I wouldn't buy the game ever again) (already had it)

Is this YMMV or does it apply to all TRU's?

Edit: Sorry if it's a dumb question but I haven't followed the Greeen Tag sale since the 50% off sale last year.

If this happens at my local TRU, you can bet I will be stocking up on the crap titles to trade in at EB!

[quote name='Rig']If this happens at my local TRU, you can bet I will be stocking up on the crap titles to trade in at EB![/quote]

Just what I was thinking!

THIS IS SUPER FREAKING HOT!!!!

Alot of the games that are "green tagged" don't actually have a green tag on them.

Last week i picked up XIII (ps2) & Gladius (ps2) for $5 each. They rung up with the green tag discount.
And there were at least 10 copies left of each of those games.

As soon as I noticed it on the comp, I stashed a few games away for next payday. Railroad Tycoon 3, several PS1 games, Aggressive Inline...some of those little jewel-cased PC games...

definitely gonna hit up TRU in the morning

need some eb trade fodder

so many good games coming out in the next couple months

[quote name='eldad9']Does anybody have a list of the green tagged items? Do they vary by store?[/quote]

I'm not sure, quite honestly. I THINK they vary by store, but that may just be the random-ass discounted games. The list is huge at our store, BUT most of the items we don't actually have.

So how exactly does this work when you go to eb? Like if you trade in a certain number of games you get a certain amount as credit?

TRU opens at 8AM, right? I guess I could skip my comparative politics class to get there for my $3 Saga Frontier 2, $4 Bust a move 3000(GC), $5 GC gladius, $.89 XIII, and possible some Ikaruga, eternal Darkness, True Crime, and CIMA the enemy.
*Truly Stoked*

Reality's Fringe said:
TRU opens at 8AM, right? I guess I could skip my comparative politics class to get there for my $3 Saga Frontier 2, $4 Bust a move 3000(GC), $5 GC gladius, $.89 XIII, and possible some Ikaruga, eternal Darkness, True Crime, and CIMA the enemy.
*Truly Stoked*

Wait do they have multiple copies of bust a move 3000 for GC? If so... would u mind grabbin one for a brotha :D

My TRU sucks, there are mostly decent PS2 titles at mine. Most of the good games listed, except for Eternal Darkness ($38.99 price tag) are cleared out, but I'll head up there right now to see if anythings worth checking out for tomorrow morning.

[quote name='ryosnk']:) IS their a list of any of the games that we can check?[/quote]

Considering the way people crapped on the CC thread, I doubt you're really going to get anyone to go out of thier way to seek out a list for this.

[quote name='Msia']So how exactly does this work when you go to eb? Like if you trade in a certain number of games you get a certain amount as credit?[/quote]

They have a deal going right now where you trade in two non-sports games and get an extra $10 in credit. So, for example, you trade in two games, that are both worth $1 each.

$1 game
$1 game
$10 trade in bonus credit

= $12.00 credit!

That's why if you can stock up on cheapos tomorrow that aren't sports, they would make great trade fodder for EB!

(But I am not very optimisic. TRU hasn't had anything for quite some time...)

My TRU still has a little stuff left since i last checked. Hopefully some jems to be found when i get there.

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Oh **** yes! Time to get back to those TRU!

People need to confirm this as all TRU though? Is it confirmed?[/quote]

It starts tomorrow. You can calm down until then. :)

[quote name='alfonsosoriano']Oh **** yes! Time to get back to those TRU!

People need to confirm this as all TRU though? Is it confirmed?[/quote]

It's all TRUs. The green-tag percentages applies to all stores. It came in over our business' intranet.

[quote name='Msia']So how exactly does this work when you go to eb? Like if you trade in a certain number of games you get a certain amount as credit?[/quote]
I'm sure it's mentioned in some other thread, but I just found out today: EB is currently running a promotion where you get an extra $10 credit for any two used games you trade in, excluding sports titles. So if you find $1 games at TRU...

[quote name='woobacca'][quote name='Msia']So how exactly does this work when you go to eb? Like if you trade in a certain number of games you get a certain amount as credit?[/quote]
I'm sure it's mentioned in some other thread, but I just found out today: EB is currently running a promotion where you get an extra $10 credit for any two used games you trade in, excluding sports titles. So if you find $1 games at TRU...[/quote]

Its mentioned in this thread. :D

The TRU sales are so ridiculously cheap ass, I got bored with it. Mine still has some left, so looks like I won't be studying on my lunch break after all...

Hello, my name is Mike.. and I'm a CAGaholic

[quote name='Skylander7']The TRU sales are so ridiculously cheap ass, I got bored with it. Mine still has some left, so looks like I won't be studying on my lunch break after all...

Hello, my name is Mike.. and I'm a CAGaholic[/quote]

Hi, Mike! :wink:

I won't be able to get to a TRU until after 6PM (school and Robotics), but I'll definitely be there to see if anything is left. I'd love a copy of XIII...

If I bought something today, when it was %70 off, can I bring it back and get it to 90%? Do they price match any changes made within a certain period of time?

Someone please let me know. It would be something like $10, but then I'd take that ten and use it buy MORE things.

And yes, there ARE things left at mine. Specifically, I just came from there, and they had Gamecube 1st Party controllers (black and orange) for 70% off. So it was 7.50 a controller. I picked up three, about 24.50 after taxes. Doing some minor calculations, 90% drops the price to 2.5, so I could theoretically save another 5 bucks a controller (15 total).

So yea, big deal to me. I'd go clean out the controllers at that point. Xmas gifts for years to come.

Also, original XBL Kits would be $6. That would include a 12 month card. I'll clean those out too.

[quote name='zewone'][quote name='woobacca'][quote name='Msia']So how exactly does this work when you go to eb? Like if you trade in a certain number of games you get a certain amount as credit?[/quote]
I'm sure it's mentioned in some other thread, but I just found out today: EB is currently running a promotion where you get an extra $10 credit for any two used games you trade in, excluding sports titles. So if you find $1 games at TRU...[/quote]

Its mentioned in this thread. :D[/quote]
damn i'm getting old :oops:

[quote name='Wario64']Are green tagged games the same games mentioned as clearanced in the TRU clearanced thread?[/quote]

For the most part no, the games that every is listing for different prices like Sword of Mana, Devil May Cry, BG&E for example are not green tag games but regular clearance games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back