99 cent XBox Game Blowout at Blockbuster - HUGE YMMV

Status
Not open for further replies.

hotwls13

CAGiversary!
Feedback
89 (100%)
EDIT! THIS IS NOW A HUGE YMMV AS NO ONE HAS FOUND THIS DEAL AT ANY OF THERE BB/GR.

Here is what Fauntleroy is saying on fatwallet now:

"Since this is clearly a YMMV, and since people are getting upset that their local store doesn't have any clearance games, I'll just take a pass on this deal."

It makes no sense to me, maybe he is pulling everyones chain. He hasn't even listed where he found this great deal.

This is the post by Fauntleroy on Fatwallet so it's a big YMMV.

"Picked up six super cheap XBox titles last night at my neighborhood BB. They had about 30-40 games with 99 cent clearance stickers on them on an endcap display (they must be clearing shelf space for the XBox 360 games). I got 2k5 baseball, football and hockey, Project Gotham 2, Burnout 3, and the latest Bond (forget the name). I was out the door for $6 and change.

(BTW these were new, sealed games--not preowned.)

This might be local, but who knows? Happy hunting!"

[quote name='bil4ltool']Damn, too bad all the Blockbusters by me suck, and I think BB's are franchises anywho (could be wrong).[/QUOTE]

You're right...well sorta, when i joined the blockbuster online movie rental thingy last winter i'd get two coupons to use at my local blockbuster for free rentals.

I printed them out and went to the store to rent a couple games. Well when I got to the checkout the manager told me that this store was a franchise and that it didn't participate in nationwide corparate blockbuster tie ins.

He told me that the store might support it one day but as of now the two blockbusters in my area don't...I think the closest one that does is a good 300 miles south of me.

So maybe some are company owned and others franchises?? Anyways I'm definately stopping by my BB to see if they have this deal too. Last time i was there i did notice they had about 40 to 50 used xbox games for around 9 or 10 bucks each....maybe they are cheaper now.

...well, im picking up Mario Kart after work, so i'll see whats going on over here.

It also seems fishy since it was someone on Fatwallet who didnt buy every game they had.

[quote name='SpottedNigel']...well, im picking up Mario Kart after work, so i'll see whats going on over here.

It also seems fishy since it was someone on Fatwallet who didnt buy every game they had.[/QUOTE]

ZZZZZZZZZZZING

[quote name='SpottedNigel']...well, im picking up Mario Kart after work, so i'll see whats going on over here.

It also seems fishy since it was someone on Fatwallet who didnt buy every game they had.[/QUOTE]

haha . I think you spotted the lie. First rule of fatwallet is never leave anything for anyone else. I'd be surprised if anyone else can find this deal.

Going to blockbuster anyways so I'l check it out today. I wonder if this would be valid at Gamerush stores too. But I got to say that is just too low to blowout new sealed games.

[quote name='chaedog']Last time i was there i did notice they had about 40 to 50 used xbox games for around 9 or 10 bucks each....maybe they are cheaper now.[/QUOTE]

Yes, but this deal is supposedly for NEW games. Which would be an even better deal. I'm not holding my breath, but this would be a great deal.

[quote name='shipwreck']Anybody know what these trade-in for at GameRush? :)[/QUOTE]That has some massive "lol" potential. Just go for it!

[quote name='Z-Saber']That has some massive "lol" potential. Just go for it![/QUOTE]

Due to some horrible customer service at one GameRush I just got back from, I have to go back there this afternoon. I'll check the prices on some of these mentioned games when I do.

[quote name='psiufoxx2']I call bullshit. This site has desensitized me to these super hyped non-existent deals.[/QUOTE]

While I would generally agree, the fact that Blockbuster has the absolute worst pricing strategies when it comes to games leaves me with a glimmer of hope that this sale is true.

seeing as how BB/GR has had some insane deals in the past(all snes/genny/nes games are forever 99 cents) i can believe this is a real deal, but i figure it is a major ymmv, iw ill check it out anyways since i live close to a BB

I'll have to check this out although I doubt there will be anything of interest, even if they are doing this at my store. Who knows though. Thanks OP!

Yeah I'm always very hesitant at buying anything used at BB...half the movies i buy there i have to take back because of scratches. Where as the Used Book/CD/DVD/Gameshop next door to it won't buy your stuff if there;s even the slightest smudge on the disc

They sell all their Xbox/GC/PS2 games there for $16 a pop...no matter if its new or old...so sometimes you find a few gems in there

I wouldn't be suprised if it were true - a lot of stores are trying to clear out stuff to make room for the 360.

My Blockbuster, however, sucks. There's no Gamerush, and Madden 2001 is priced at the "Value Price" of $19.99.

Hmm... I wonder if this is worth checking out.

My local Blockbuster stores always put out some fairly new games (around 2 months old or so) as used copies for $9.99...

There are a lot of nice deals at 99 cents if this is going on.

Fauntleroy seems to have changed his post now on FW. It's strange too, because now it looks as though maybe even he didn't get the deal? Somewhat confusing how he changed his post.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']My local Blockbuster stores always put out some fairly new games (around 2 months old or so) as used copies for $9.99...[/QUOTE]

Freakin' lucky.. you should send me a list of what's recently been put out..

[quote name='shipwreck']Fauntleroy seems to have changed his post now on FW. It's strange too, because now it looks as though maybe even he didn't get the deal? Somewhat confusing how he changed his post.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I saw that too. My guess is that one BB may have priced their XB games at .99 instead of 9.99. Even still Fauntleroy seems shady to me.

Guys/gals let me know if you think I should put something else in the OP or if I should ask for it to be deleted altogether.

[quote name='Scorch']Freakin' lucky.. you should send me a list of what's recently been put out..[/QUOTE]

I will if I get to go later.

But I remember them having stuff like THUG 2, Snake Eater, WWE SvR, and GTA: SA about a month after they were released. All used, disc-only for $10. Kinda sucks that they're disc-only, but it's fine with me. I want to play the games, after all.

[quote name='hotwls13']Yeah I saw that too. My guess is that one BB may have priced their XB games at .99 instead of 9.99. Even still Fauntleroy seems shady to me.

Guys/gals let me know if you think I should put something else in the OP or if I should ask for it to be deleted altogether.[/QUOTE]

I think we should just burn you at the stake with the gas people almost wasted running to Blockbuster. :) Or you could just edit the OP with the new info, I guess. Whichever.

Thanks for passing the potential deal info on though.

On a side note, I really need to learn how to make some more smilies.

[quote name='shipwreck']I think we should just burn you at the stake with the gas people almost wasted running to Blockbuster. :) Or you could just edit the OP with the new info, I guess. Whichever.[/QUOTE]

just edit the OP. call it a false alarm or whatever. Blockbuster will run some nice clearances on disc only former rentals for $5.99 each (ive seen a few stores do this so that made me believe a deal like this was not out of the realm of reality)

[quote name='buster90']The new bond game came out 2 weeks ago...I doubt they have used copies.

I went to 3 BB today saw no such deal.

Liar?[/QUOTE]

I'm guessing that he means "Everything or Nothing." Even I forgot that "From Russia with Love" came out.

[quote name='ananag112']The only game for 99 cents at my BB was Outlaw Golf: 9 holes of christmas (or something like that).[/QUOTE]

TRUE, I saw it couple days ago too. I will check again tonight!!!

[quote name='ananag112']The only game for 99 cents at my BB was Outlaw Golf: 9 holes of christmas (or something like that).[/QUOTE]

If they dropped that Outlaw Golf to $.99 then the Outlaw Volleyball (Hot as Hell or something like that) may have dropped also. If after three years and four different price points there are people who want those but haven't picked them up, this could be the time.

[quote name='hotwls13']

"Picked up six super cheap XBox titles last night at my neighborhood BB.

This might be local, but who knows? [/QUOTE]Local where? Grrr...

[quote name='Prepster']None at my store either, oh well, ended up renting X-men legends 2, pretty good so far.[/QUOTE]

How is that game? I rented it on impulse a couple of days ago and haven't played it yet, it's been sitting in my car .

[quote name='menikmati']How is that game? I rented it on impulse a couple of days ago and haven't played it yet, it's been sitting in my car .[/QUOTE]

Not bad, but have only played like 40 min. of it so far. Will play it more later on tonight when I am waiting for the Bulls game to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back