★◎~  ULTIMATE Lowball has moved to a new, more luxurious home!   ~◎★

Status
Not open for further replies.
[quote name='rickshankshaw']I will bid on what I want and point out anything and everything I feel is unfair. You don't get to tell me what to do. The fact that you automatically resort to the like it or leave it response makes you out to be an outrageous prick who leaves no room for discussion. Just because it's been a certain way for a while doesn't mean its right. All you're upset about is that what I'm saying is breaking the illusion of how much something may cost.

If I pay for three guides and media mail says the cost for delivery was $2.50 - I expect $3.50 back minus the cost of the envelope. The end. I also expect a receipt for the cost of the envelope by the way now that you mention it. All I'm doing is laying out my expectations for how shipping will be handled. You're the dumbass thinking that I'm asking senders to mail first without collecting shipping from me. Go away. Perhaps die even.[/QUOTE]

I am not being an "outrageous prick" for pointing out that since this is DV8's (and other's) sale, then it is THEIR perogative to charge what they damn well please for shipping. It doesn't have to be fair if they don't want it to. I personally think it is fair because if the shipping is considerably less than what is paid, it is refunded anyway (not like .50$ mind you. After fee's that transfer back is pretty worthless).

You making the demands on the sender about how you "expect" the shipping to be handled is ludicrous! The seller determines shipping cost, simple as that. If you had a lowball sale, you could offer shipping however you please but since there are no formal rules on CAG stipulating what is and is not required on trade-lists (in fact, there is a big warning about everything that is done is done so at our own risk), the seller gets to determine what they feel is fair. You are free to dissent on how "fair" you think it is, but you cannot simply say that you will not pay that fee but expect the item you won from their auction. That's whats outrageous.

And I do appreciate the maturity in suggesting that I go die because we have a disagreement over the internet.

EDIT: Disregard my last line...for some reason my quoted version has that bit added...My apologies

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='NoobHammer']I am not being an "outrageous prick" for pointing out that since this is DV8's (and other's) sale, then it is THEIR perogative to charge what they damn well please for shipping. It doesn't have to be fair if they don't want it to. I personally think it is fair because if the shipping is considerably less than what is paid, it is refunded anyway (not like .50$ mind you. After fee's that transfer back is pretty worthless).

You making the demands on the sender about how you "expect" the shipping to be handled is ludicrous! The seller determines shipping cost, simple as that. If you had a lowball sale, you could offer shipping however you please but since there are no formal rules on CAG stipulating what is and is not required on trade-lists (in fact, there is a big warning about everything that is done is done so at our own risk), the seller gets to determine what they feel is fair. You are free to dissent on how "fair" you think it is, but you cannot simply say that you will not pay that fee but expect the item you won from their auction. That's whats outrageous.

And I do appreciate the maturity in suggesting that I go die because we have a disagreement over the internet.[/QUOTE]

I agree with you for the fact that he knew the terms, won items, and now complains about the shipping and wants it done his way. He agreed to do it the posted way by bidding, period, end of story. If you have issues with shipping then bring it up before bidding.

It doesn't matter what he considers fair. He agreed to all posted terms by bidding and now wants to change certain terms after winning.

DV8 is amazingly fair. He ships from Japan and has lost a ton of money on shipping. If you end up paying too much, you will get refunded. It's just that your items might be shipped by multiple people and each individual will have their own shipping/packing costs.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']I will bid on what I want and point out anything and everything I feel is unfair. You don't get to tell me what to do. The fact that you automatically resort to the like it or leave it response makes you out to be an outrageous prick who leaves no room for discussion. Just because it's been a certain way for a while doesn't mean its right. All you're upset about is that what I'm saying is breaking the illusion of how much something may cost.

If I pay for three guides and media mail says the cost for delivery was $2.50 - I expect $3.50 back minus the cost of the envelope. The end. I also expect a receipt for the cost of the envelope by the way now that you mention it. All I'm doing is laying out my expectations for how I expect shipping to be handled. You're the dumbass thinking that I'm asking senders to mail first without collecting shipping from me. Go away.

As it is I have more than 200$ worth of bids lined up. As someone will to spend this much money, I thought I'd be treated a little better.[/QUOTE]

Shipping/Payment:
As this is a special event being held by multiple great CAGs, the shipping will be $2 per item to balance things out. In the event that you happen to win multiple items from one CAG and grossly overpay on shipping, they will certainly refund you some of your payment.

I thought this was pretty clear, and this is my first lowball auction. And with the CAGs running this sale, I don't think it matters if you have $2 or $200 in this sale, each individual sale is a positive or negative feedback score, so everyone is just as important as everyone else. I don't understand how you're being treated "poorly"; you bid, you win, you pay. If you overpay on shipping, you will get refunded. Am I missing something?

[quote name='NoobHammer']I am not being an "outrageous prick" for pointing out that since this is DV8's (and other's) sale, then it is THEIR perogative to charge what they damn well please for shipping. It doesn't have to be fair if they don't want it to. I personally think it is fair because if the shipping is considerably less than what is paid, it is refunded anyway (not like .50$ mind you. After fee's that transfer back is pretty worthless).

And I do appreciate the maturity in suggesting that I go die because we have a disagreement over the internet.

EDIT: Disregard my last line...for some reason my quoted version has that bit added...My apologies[/QUOTE]

All I want is a receipt. One for the envelope and one for the one for the shipping label. Why is that so hard to ask for? The fact that people are getting upset by the fact that I just want receipts for shipping & handling and the difference returned is baffling.

[quote name='MikeBastard']I agree with you for the fact that he knew the terms, won items, and now complains about the shipping and wants it done his way. He agreed to do it the posted way by bidding, period, end of story. If you have issues with shipping then bring it up before bidding.

It doesn't matter what he considers fair. He agreed to all posted terms by bidding and now wants to change certain terms after winning.

DV8 is amazingly fair. He ships from Japan and has lost a ton of money on shipping. If you end up paying too much, you will get refunded. It's just that your items might be shipped by multiple people and each individual will have their own shipping/packing costs.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rickshankshaw']I'd like to request a receipt for actual shipping charges from the Post Office or however my items are mailed. I will pay the 2$ per item. However if my shipping total comes out to under that, I expect to be reimbursed. Not trying to be a hardass but it is fair.[/QUOTE]

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6291170&postcount=1053

This was my very first post. I have in no way asked to have the terms changed. I won 6 items so far. I WILL pay the extra $2 per item in shipping. I just want receipts for both shipping and the envelopes used to ship the items. If anyone else has any complaints, I'm just going to copy and paste this response. Maybe you should change your username to MikeCanReadButDoesn'tAndSpeaksAnywayAndLooksSheepish... maybe.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']All I want is a receipt. One for the envelope and one for the one for the shipping label. Why is that so hard to ask for? The fact that people are getting upset by the fact that I just want receipts for shipping & handling and the difference returned is baffling.[/QUOTE]

You agreed to pay 2 bucks per item won. If a CAG grossly overpays for shipping, as defined by DV8, that person will get some money back. You knew this by bidding and people are annoyed that you're trying to change the rules after the fact. That sort of behavior is highly frowned upon here.

[quote name='MikeBastard']You agreed to pay 2 bucks per item won. If a CAG grossly overpays for shipping, as defined by DV8, that person will get some money back. You knew this by bidding and people are annoyed that you're trying to change the rules after the fact. That sort of behavior is highly frowned upon here.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='rickshankshaw']Mike. Where did I say I want to change terms? Want to go through my posts? I already said I would pat the 2$ per item NUMEROUS times.[/QUOTE]

Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't you asking for a receipt to show the actual shipping costs and if it happens to be less than what you paid you want that money refunded? So you pay $12 bucks shipping for your 6 items assuming none of the items had a "#" sign. If you're receipt shows actual shipping was $9.36 you'd expect a $2.64 refund?

[quote name='rickshankshaw']http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6291170&postcount=1053

This was my very first post. I have in no way asked to have the terms changed. I won 6 items so far. I WILL pay the extra $2 per item in shipping. I just want receipts for both shipping and the envelopes used to ship the items. If anyone else has any complaints, I'm just going to copy and paste this response.[/QUOTE]

Apologies then for misinterpreting your response. By saying terms like "Real world shipping costs instead of CAG shipping costs" (Not verbatim, I know) it seemed to imply that you would not pay the extra. My apologies.

On the flip side of the coin, if shipping is more than $2 per item (for whatever reason) would you be willing to pay more if the receipt was included?

Otherwise I see no harm in requesting receipts unless the sellers determine they do not want to go through the hassle. I'm personally content with taking their word for it.

And please knock off the personal insults. Let's keep this discussion civilized (or at least close to that) I have to argument with you as a person so why do you feel it necessary to personally insult both myself and MikeBastard? There's no real reason so just in the future, please refrain.

Yeah man. I've always been willing to pay the 2$ per item. I'm just expecting to pick up a large number of things and I thought I would ask for a receipt on the shipping so I could get back money if there was any left over. I didn't expect this shitstorm and I apologize for it.

And on the flip side, yes I would pay more. It would only be right.

group-hug.jpg

[quote name='rickshankshaw']Yeah man. I've always been willing to pay the 2$ per item. I'm just expecting to pick up a large number of things and I thought I would ask for a receipt on the shipping so I could get back money if there was any left over. I didn't expect this shitstorm and I apologize for it.

And on the flip side, yes I would pay more. It would only be right.

group-hug.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Alright, so then I feel this disagreement is pretty much resolved...between us at least.

The sellers didn't have any input yet lol.

[quote name='NoobHammer']Alright, so then I feel this disagreement is pretty much resolved...between us at least.

The sellers didn't have any input yet lol.[/QUOTE]

That hug is open to the sellers as well. :applause:

Personally, ive found shipping cost usually arent rly outrageous. I'm assuming the people here are trustworthy & responsible enough not to gouge people on shipping. The only thing ive ever got shipped that was quite painful was a hori Arcana Heart 2 stick from japan which the shipping cost almost as much as the stick itself (& sadly it wasnt really that unreasonable). So long as the shipping doesnt smash my wallet too hard, it's usually okay imo. But it is silly to pay $30 for a piece of cardboard (as an example), which is what i think rickshankshaw might have been getting at.

When we decided on the rules for the lowball, we tossed around the idea of how to do shipping. I'm a fan of using actual shipping costs, but you can see that most lowballs do a fixed rate (something like $2 for first item, $1 for extra, etc) to keep it simple. That's all that's going on here, keeping it simple. If you win 1 game from 1 person, shipping is going to be more than $2 with all costs considered. But to be nice, we aren't going to go after you for 20 cents extra, it really just defeats the purpose. We hope that you would do the same for us. I think when this sale was created, we all went into it agreeing that some money would be lost on shipping, and there was no way around it.

Now, your example of paying back really only applies if you win a lot of items from 1 person. For example, if you win 10 guides, shipping would only actually be like $8-10 via media mail - in this case, the seller would give you a refund since the difference is so big. If you won 3 guides, then shipping would probably be $4-5 or so. In this case, we'd ask that you allow that extra $1-2 to go towards gas and shipping supplies.

Do note that bubble mailers, if bought separately, are $1-2 each. Also do note that most buyers don't necessarily want to cover paypal fees (and I prefer Amazon payments for just this reason).

At this point, we should decide on a cutoff, how much higher does the amount you pay have to be over the actual shipping before a refund becomes required? I'd say $5 (per seller) at least, considering the amount of effort is required in sorting/packing materials.

Edited in later: Personally I don't pay for mailers, I re-use the ones I receive, but there are many sellers who lack this luxury and must actually buy packing materials (like dv8!). Also, some don't use paypal shipping and pay the 90 cents for DC (which should be included in the $2, I believe).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='AkariK']When we decided on the rules for the lowball, we tossed around the idea of how to do shipping. I'm a fan of using actual shipping costs, but you can see that most lowballs do a fixed rate (something like $2 for first item, $1 for extra, etc) to keep it simple. That's all that's going on here, keeping it simple. If you win 1 game from 1 person, shipping is going to be more than $2 with all costs considered. But to be nice, we aren't going to go after you for 20 cents extra, it really just defeats the purpose. We hope that you would do the same for us. I think when this sale was created, we all went into it agreeing that some money would be lost on shipping, and there was no way around it.

Now, your example of paying back really only applies if you win a lot of items from 1 person. For example, if you win 10 guides, shipping would only actually be like $8-10 via media mail - in this case, the seller would give you a refund since the difference is so big. If you won 3 guides, then shipping would probably be $4-5 or so. In this case, we'd ask that you allow that extra $1-2 to go towards gas and shipping supplies.

Do note that bubble mailers, if bought separately, are $1-2 each. Also do note that most buyers don't necessarily want to cover paypal fees (and I prefer Amazon payments for just this reason).

At this point, we should decide on a cutoff, how much higher does the amount you pay have to be over the actual shipping before a refund becomes required? I'd say $5 (per seller) at least, considering the amount of effort is required in sorting/packing materials.[/QUOTE]

I agree totally. As a seller I can already see how I'm going to lose money. For example, If someone wins a game for 1.00 after you spend 1 dollar on a bubble mailer (at minimum) 2 dollars for the first class postage and 80 cents on a delivery confirmation (that everyone wants) you've spent 3.80 on something you've been paid 3.00 for. Doesn't really seem fair does it? I didn't think so. It does seem rediculous however to include bubble mailers, boxes, bags, hollowed out raccoons or whatever it is that you plan to use to ship items in. I think that if the actual shipping cost is 3.01 or above what you've paid you're entitled to a refund. Anything under that consider it money for gas, time, mailing supplies and delivery confirmations. I think conversely, if you underpay for shipping by 3.01 or more you should have to pay the additional amount, whats good for the goose is good for the gander. As far as paypal fees go they should be paid by the buyer. I've paid paypal fees on every single item I've bought or won on this site and expect the same in return. Although the rules clearly state how it is and that's what will be followed.

[quote name='mang9432']Rave Child, it's on! :)[/QUOTE]
Haha, bring it. As I'm sure a few people have noticed, I don't mind a bidding war or two ;)

Speaking of which,

197. Code Gaess Gashapon Set of 4 - $12

[quote name='AkariK']When we decided on the rules for the lowball, we tossed around the idea of how to do shipping. I'm a fan of using actual shipping costs, but you can see that most lowballs do a fixed rate (something like $2 for first item, $1 for extra, etc) to keep it simple. That's all that's going on here, keeping it simple. If you win 1 game from 1 person, shipping is going to be more than $2 with all costs considered. But to be nice, we aren't going to go after you for 20 cents extra, it really just defeats the purpose. We hope that you would do the same for us. I think when this sale was created, we all went into it agreeing that some money would be lost on shipping, and there was no way around it.

At this point, we should decide on a cutoff, how much higher does the amount you pay have to be over the actual shipping before a refund becomes required? I'd say $5 (per seller) at least, considering the amount of effort is required in sorting/packing materials.[/QUOTE]

Can I have my carrier pigeon pick this stuff up to save on the shipping costs?

233. :ds: Inuyasha Secret Of the Divine Jewel (Game Only) - 2.50
239. :ds: Avatar: The Last Airbender – The Burning Earth - 1.50
379. :ps2: Final Fantasy XII (New/Sealed) - $8.00
454. :ps3: Soul Calibur IV (New/Sealed) - $9.50

and i have a question. sorry if this was mentioned somewhere in the 1000+ posts, but... what is meant when a Japanese game has the description "full english"? subtitles in English? dubbed? text?

244. Metroid Prime Hunters - $13.00

Also, dv8, a question: Back in post #942 (page 48) I placed a bid for item:

94b. Comic 2-Pack #2: BLOODRAYNE Special Preview Issue + The Adventures of SLY COOPER Issue #2 - $1.00

But I notice that on the phase 1 section, it appears to have gone un-won?

Regarding the shipping cost fiasco:

I for one will not be placing a receipt in any of my packages. The reason for this is that my shipping will be printed and paid for via PayPal. For those going directly to the PO, there are going to be multiple package costs on the receipt plus the PO will require the package to be sealed before they print shipping. It just isn't going to happen.

I would suggest taking the amount from the shipping label and adding $0.50 for the mailer, etc and then if you feel you've been grossly overcharged bring it up with that person in PM. I've only got four items on this sale, so I don't expect to have any problems myself. We ought to get a response from dv8, punkmaggit, goomba or one of the other folks with loads of items.

[quote name='thelonepig']Regarding the shipping cost fiasco:

I for one will not be placing a receipt in any of my packages. The reason for this is that my shipping will be printed and paid for via PayPal. For those going directly to the PO, there are going to be multiple package costs on the receipt plus the PO will require the package to be sealed before they print shipping. It just isn't going to happen.

I would suggest taking the amount from the shipping label and adding $0.50 for the mailer, etc and then if you feel you've been grossly overcharged bring it up with that person in PM. I've only got four items on this sale, so I don't expect to have any problems myself. We ought to get a response from dv8, punkmaggit, goomba or one of the other folks with loads of items.[/QUOTE]
I'm also not putting a receipt in for the same reason as TLP and also I don't feel the need to prove to someone who has no feedback whatsoever that I'm on the level shipping wise. If he doesn't like it, he shouldn't have bid.

Don't know why everybody is getting so upset about the shipping, $2 seems like a decent deal in my opinion. If you factor in the actual shipping, the cost of supplies, the gas going the post office, and possibly the Paypal fees, seems like it really shouldn't be that bad. On top of that, if you bought a lot of stuff from the same person, I'm sure they'll give you a reduced price on shipping :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back