★◎~  ULTIMATE Lowball has moved to a new, more luxurious home!   ~◎★

Status
Not open for further replies.
Someone requested Tomb Raider Legend pics. Don't remember who, but here they are. Sorry about the quality... Camera phone.
OUT IN

Also, an update for everyone!

Soon I will be pulling down the rules (need space for the character limit) and putting in the end of sale details such as seller/buyer contact, payment information and such.

This does not mean that Phase 3 is over, although I can promise it will end earlier than either of the other two phases. It's officially Ai and my wedding anniversary in about 13 minutes, and I'm not going to be spending all day updating bids. ;)

421. :ps2: Shadow of the Colossus (Complete - GH) - $9
428. :ps3: Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Complete - Japanese Game, Region Free w/Full English) - $8
432. :ps3: Bioshock (Complete) - $12
435. :ps3: Fracture (New/Sealed) - $5
449. :ps3: Def Jam ICON (Complete) - $7
453. :ps3: Robert Ludlum's The Bourne Conspiracy (New/Sealed)- $7
454. :ps3: Soul Calibur IV (New/Sealed) - $10
456. :ps3: Tom Clancy's EndWar (New/Sealed) - $8
457. :ps3: Pure (Complete) - $13
458. :ps3: Overlord: Raising Hell (New/Sealed) - $9

for the record:

Thank you for visiting the 1st ever dv8mad Ultimate Lowball Sale!

This lowball sale includes items from 16 CAGs participating with a combined iTrader of over 1500 and every CAG participating has a total of at least 25 iTrader on their own. :applause:

The participating CAGs are choosing to do multiple things with their winnings, just some of which are donating to Child's Play Charity, buying cool new stuff, or just saving for the future. I myself am going to put most of the money toward my Leap Home Fund and a bit of it toward the Child's Play Charity Lowball that CAG nsahene will be hosting toward the end of September.

RULES:
1) Simply type in your max bid for the item(s) in this thread. No PMs. No Emails. Just reply in the forum reply section. This is to keep bids public and to keep my PM box from overflowing as it always does. Obviously post edits and spoilers hiding bids are not acceptable.
2) I will update the first page to reflect your bids as often as possible. Feel free to check the latest bids on the last page(s) if you are unsure of the latest update.
3) There is no reserve for any item. You can win them for as little as you bid. So if you bid $1.00 and win it, it's yours for a $1.00 (plus shipping). If someone bids $5 and you outbid them for $10, you may win the item for your $10 bid and pay your bid plus shipping at the end of the sale.
4) Every item starts at $1.00 and the smallest following bid increment is $.50. No $.10 or $.01 bids!
4) Please note that you will be expected to pay the amount you bid plus appropriate shipping if you have the highest offer at the end. Negative feedback may be left for those who choose not to follow through with payment.
5) If you place a bid, you are committing to that item. DO NOT place a bid if you do not intend to keep that bid active. Bid retractions are not my idea of a good time. I understand that sometimes unavoidable circumstances arise. If you are fearful that this may happen, please wait to bid on the last day so you know that nothing unexpected occurred!
6) All bids are welcome (excluding bids from CAGs on my Negative Experience List). *International bidders; please see the note in the Shipping/Payment section below.
7) CAGs with over 75 positive itrader are eligible for shipment before full payment if requested. Please ask if you do not feel safe bidding.

Ending the Auction:
This Auction will NOT have a rolling end. Due to the sheer size, it will have 3 solid end times on consecutive days and will last for about 2 weeks. I will not be posting the exact ending time, but I will tell you (Phase 1) will end sometime late (US time) on 9-(14)-09 or possibly even very early (US time) on 9-(15)-09, (Phase 2) at a random time on the (15/16th) and (Phase 3) at a random time on the (16/17th). Once I post saying (Phase ~~) OVER - NO MORE BIDS ACCEPTED, that is it and nothing further will count for those specific items. Of course bidding will continue for the remaining items.
I do not like sniping. I also do not like sorting through 75 last minute bids to find out the winners and make an extra $10. So, if you plan to win, your best option is to make a decent bid early!
Please give me some extra time on the final day after the auction ends to verify totals and reformat the list to show who won what and how much is owed. I will also be posting payment info broken down for each CAG as necessary. This will take some time, so patience is required.
No Payment totals will be made until all phases are complete. Even if you do not plan to bid on future phases, please wait until phase 3 ends to get your total payment information.

Shipping/Payment:
As this is a special event being held by multiple great CAGs, the shipping will be $2 per item to balance things out. In the event that you happen to win multiple items from one CAG and grossly overpay on shipping, they will certainly refund you some of your payment.
If you see the item number preceded by #, then please be aware that you will more than likely be asked to pay actual shipping costs.
* CAGs outside N.A. should have at least 10 iTrader and will be asked to pay actual shipping and possibly a very small packing fee for materials.
CAGs in Canada are considered international and will be asked to pay actual shipping, but will not be required to have 10 iTrader.

The following form of payment is accepted.

~ Paypal

The following forms of payment are possible, although you may have to jump through a couple hoops and go through another CAG in the end making the process just a bit longer. Easiest is just to count on Paypal being accepted.

~ Amazon Payments
~ Money Order
~~~~~~~~~~
Please note that some items list GH, PC or PC to denote rerelease. Some will also list BL to denote that they are original releases.
Many of the items do not have this, but the chances are VERY high that you will be receiving an original version unless noted otherwise. With a list this huge, a few of the details may be left out, but in the end, everyone should come out with some really good stuff. Also, unless something is marked (New/Sealed) you can expect it to possibly have some normal wear (or stupid Gamestop sticker residue!), but everything should be playable.

So, correct me if I'm wrong here...

You changed the original post to say that we either have to cover our own Paypal fees, or send payment as a "Gift" and forfeit any buyer protection.

Shouldn't these payment terms have been mentioned before everyone started throwing out bids?

[quote name='Renaissance 2K']So, correct me if I'm wrong here...

You changed the original post to say that we either have to cover our own Paypal fees, or send payment as a "Gift" and forfeit any buyer protection.

Shouldn't these payment terms have been mentioned before everyone started throwing out bids?[/QUOTE]

I'll choose option one and correct you! :lol:

The original rules simply stated that Paypal was accepted. It was also stated that you would be expected to pay the amount you bid plus shipping. Technically, the amount you bid would be the seller getting the full amount.

However, I will note that I did say it would be best if you could submit payment in the form of a gift, not that you must.
Then I further asked, if you do not feel safe, to please, cover the fees on your end.

In no case did I state it was mandatory.

The simple truth is, if people lose enough money on this, they won't be doing it again, and I would like to do it again next year maybe.

So, in summary, you can do whatever you like. I'm just hoping that things can work out for all of us, not for Paypal and their ridiculous fee system.

318 - Lost Kingdoms 2 - 6

also - next time you do this you may want to consider claiming the first several posts with 'placeholder post' -- that way you won't run into character count issues anymore - you can simply flow new text into the 'blank' posts when needed.

[quote name='dv8mad']
The original rules simply stated that Paypal was accepted. It was also stated that you would be expected to pay the amount you bid plus shipping. Technically, the amount you bid would be the seller getting the full amount.
[/QUOTE]

while i guess i don't mind adding the extra buck or whatever, i've simply gotta say... i disagree with you on this one. paying "the amount we bid plus shipping" does not "technically" equal paying "the amount we bid plus shipping and paypal fees". extra fees over the bid amount (shipping, fees) should be stated upfront and are by their very definition 'extra'. it would be different if paypal was the exception and most people payed by check or something, but paypal is pretty much the standard payment method.

[quote name='affa']while i guess i don't mind adding the extra buck or whatever, i've simply gotta say... i disagree with you on this one. paying "the amount we bid plus shipping" does not "technically" equal paying "the amount we bid plus shipping and paypal fees". extra fees over the bid amount (shipping, fees) should be stated upfront and are by their very definition 'extra'. it would be different if paypal was the exception and most people payed by check or something, but paypal is pretty much the standard payment method.[/QUOTE]

Well, it's a free country (even here) so you can disagree. It's a moot point, however, as I have already stated you can choose to do whatever you like. ;) But if you really feel we really do need another 4 page exchange over a technical issue, I guess I would say I still believe my point is valid as that extra fee never does make it to the seller, hence the full amount not being paid.
That's just me though. I always pay the fee because I feel it's right, but that's just me personally. Apparently I am now in the minority.

[quote name='dv8mad']Well, it's a free country (even here) so you can disagree. It's a moot point, however, as I have already stated you can choose to do whatever you like. ;) But if you really feel we really do need another 4 page exchange over a technical issue, I guess I would say I still believe my point is valid as that extra fee never does make it to the seller, hence the full amount not being paid.
That's just me though. I always pay the fee because I feel it's right, but that's just me personally. Apparently I am now in the minority.[/QUOTE]

Agreed! Also congrats on the anniversary!

359. Metal Gear Solid 2 [Part of the Essentials Collection] (Complete) - fmarxnge - $3.50
454. Soul Calibur IV (New/Sealed) - fmarxnge - $11.50

428. Ninja Gaiden Sigma (Complete - Japanese Game, Region Free w/Full English) - fmarxnge - $9
454. Soul Calibur IV (New/Sealed) - fmarxnge - $13

[quote name='dv8mad']Well, it's a free country (even here) so you can disagree. It's a moot point, however, as I have already stated you can choose to do whatever you like. ;) But if you really feel we really do need another 4 page exchange over a technical issue, I guess I would say I still believe my point is valid as that extra fee never does make it to the seller, hence the full amount not being paid.
That's just me though. I always pay the fee because I feel it's right, but that's just me personally. Apparently I am now in the minority.[/QUOTE]

The fact that you have to rely on a "technicality" isn't right man.

Clearly state the rules. Don't make them so abstract that we have to begin to infer what something could mean. The fact that you weren't questioned on this upfront is because your were trusted not to nickel and dime us. Instead you turn around and dismiss the people who feel you're being deceptive with them. It's no different when a credit card company hits you with "hidden fees" and the fact that you have to stoop to that level is sad.

This isn't up for discussion either. If any of the sellers want to derail the thread, go for it. Just expressing myself. I'll be gifting what I owe and hoping that none of you are thieves.

[quote name='zenithyoda']What part of "you can chose to do whatever you like" didn't you understand?[/QUOTE]

I already chose what I was doing. Reread my last post. What part of it don't YOU understand?

[quote name='zenithyoda']deleting the post since I don't care anymore...[/QUOTE]

Yeah...

Looking like you were illiterate had nothing to do with it.

Are people bitching over paypal fees now? Every lowball auction I've seen or bid on it was pretty obvious you pay the fees (which is barely a dollar or 2). I guess cheapassgamers are REALLY CHEAP when they won't fork over a dollar for a game they are getting way under the normal price.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']I already chose what I was doing. Reread my last post. What part of it don't YOU understand?

Yeah...

Looking like you were illiterate had nothing to do with it.[/QUOTE]

Well played sir, you constantly prove yourself to be a shining example of tact and decency.

Though only a small gesture, I, for one, plan on having no commercial dealings with you in the future. Whether by auction or exchange your business will not be welcome.

[quote name='CD6405']Every lowball auction I've seen or bid on it was pretty obvious you pay the fees (which is barely a dollar or 2).[/QUOTE]
So? It wasn't obvious in this one. I wouldn't have bid in the first place if it was.

It's not the amount that bothered me. It's the sudden ninja edit that made it sound like it was required. DV8 clarified everything, and he's still letting us do what we want. Fine by me.

Please refrain from replying unless it is pertinent to the bidding process or is a question for dv8 or other sellers. We do not need the extra posts that are not pertinent. Thank you!

Added: In regards to paypal, the whole idea of personal payment was to keep money in Cag member's pockets, not paypal. Personally, if I was a buyer and couldn't trust the seller's in this lowball, many with 100+ itrader, I wouldn't even bother entering the trading forum. On another note, I am eating the fees on anyone that has to pay via fee based paypal. Though most that have replied to pm's I sent out have stated they will be using personal payment.

454. :ps3: Soul Calibur IV (New/Sealed) $15

I don't think my question ever got answered either. could someone explain to me what is meant when a title has "japanese... FULL ENGLISH..." in the description? is there the option for english voice, subtitle and text?

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='uhoh_evo']454. :ps3: Soul Calibur IV (New/Sealed) $15

I don't think my question ever got answered either. could someone explain to me what is meant when a title has "japanese... FULL ENGLISH..." in the description? is there the option for english voice, subtitle and text?[/QUOTE]

USA DLC won't work with Japanese games.

[quote name='rickshankshaw']USA DLC won't work with Japanese games.[/QUOTE]

eh... i hardly get that stuff anyway. but will i then have to learn japanese to read storylines? i dont really care if they speak japanese as long as i can read the words

345. PS1 - Monsterseed (Complete) - $7
347. PS1 - Master of Monsters: Disciples of Gaia (Complete) - $4
348. PS1 - Darkstone (Complete) - $3

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back