★◎~  ULTIMATE Lowball has moved to a new, more luxurious home!   ~◎★

Status
Not open for further replies.
my understanding is SAL is air, but they don't necessary care to put it on the next flight out. They sit and wait till the package meet the requirement and they go out in a cargo where EMS this package is going out without waiting since they are billed independently. or something like that.

surface is just trucks + ship + sharks and pirates.

Speaking of Japanese PS2s, how much might it cost to get one shipped state side?
[quote name='wasabi5858']ps. I think I put my real name when registering. When I log in, it still say Welcome back >real name

[quote name='callmewoof']So uh, dumb request/question. We pay $3 for a small box of pocky here in the states, but I've always wondered or had this theory that in japan, its like buying the 50 cent candy bars at the checkout in japan. The same way that we can go buy stuff for a buck here that probably costs them 3-5 'imported' in japan.

Am I crazy, or is it really cheaper there in an 'every day life' kind of way? I love pocky. I can easily get it here in the states but its so expensive. I want an ultra huge bulk box lol. I want to know about the everyday price/import theory mentioned above even more. :)[/QUOTE]

I don't know for sure, but you also have to remember that snacks, beverages, etc. are still more expensive in Japan than what we're accustomed to.

[quote name='Vegan']I don't know for sure, but you also have to remember that snacks, beverages, etc. are still more expensive in Japan than what we're accustomed to.[/QUOTE]

Aww. Tv lied to me. In anime you see them use pocky like its as cheap and available as table salt. I figured it was like our 40cent candy bars at walmart that somebody would have to pay $4 for in another country. TV LIED TO ME!

WTB> cheap, gigantic neverending supply of pocky.

Oh well, I can think of a few non-pocky things to request later. :)

[quote name='callmewoof']So uh, dumb request/question. We pay $3 for a small box of pocky here in the states, but I've always wondered or had this theory that in japan, its like buying the 50 cent candy bars at the checkout in japan. The same way that we can go buy stuff for a buck here that probably costs them 3-5 'imported' in japan.

Am I crazy, or is it really cheaper there in an 'every day life' kind of way? I love pocky. I can easily get it here in the states but its so expensive. I want an ultra huge bulk box lol. I want to know about the everyday price/import theory mentioned above even more. :)[/QUOTE]

Pocky is still between $1.50-$2 a box. Not too cheap comparably. I could probably get you a better deal if you wanted to buy like 500 boxes. LOL

[quote name='wasabi5858']A request submitted, now get to it! :)

my bro is coming to my place tomorrow and he asked me about japan ps2 today because he must find something to play this one kamen rider game... I am sure there will be plenty more request incoming.

ps. I think I put my real name when registering. When I log in, it still say Welcome back >real name

[quote name='VintageTurtle']Speaking of Japanese PS2s, how much might it cost to get one shipped state side?[/QUOTE]

Expanding on this, what would it cost for an NTSC-J Xbox360? Nearly every website I visit has them in the ~$300 range but surely they must be cheaper since they are 150 in the states?

I could understand shipping causing the price to go up but even then it shouldn't be over ~$200, should it?

-import noobie here-

Also, could someone please give me a link to some japan based companies so I could check out prices? The japanese equivalent of a GameStop would be great (No way I'm paying PlayAsia $80 for GOW2!)

Unless thats what it costs everywhere.. -import noobie-

I buy Pocky here for $0.89-$1.19 for single packs, and $1.49-$1.99 for double packs here. I only see $3+ if it's in stores like FYE.

Also, aren't drinks like 125 yen each? So even if Pocky's like 150 yen or so, it's still about the price of a soda, for example, which really is still like buying candy at the checkout.

[quote name='Porpoise King']Expanding on this, what would it cost for an NTSC-J Xbox360? Nearly every website I visit has them in the ~$300 range but surely they must be cheaper since they are 150 in the states?

I could understand shipping causing the price to go up but even then it shouldn't be over ~$200, should it?

-import noobie here-

Also, could someone please give me a link to some japan based companies so I could check out prices? The japanese equivalent of a GameStop would be great (No way I'm paying PlayAsia $80 for GOW2!)

Unless thats what it costs everywhere.. -import noobie-

I have shipped a 360 before. Console only (no accys, power brick, cables) was 8200 via insured EMS. So, even with shipping, it would probably be closer to $220-$240 rather than $300

[quote name='dv8mad']I have shipped a 360 before. Console only (no accys, power brick, cables) was 8200 via insured EMS. So, even with shipping, it would probably be closer to $220-$240 rather than $300[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I just calculated it on their website. It's $275 JUST for the console. The cheapest shipping they offer is Fedex Courier, which comes out to $68. So that's $340 for everything, ridiculous.

I just need to figure out what other games, etc, and their prices before purchasing. Then you'll probably be receiving an invoice from me ^_^

Thanks for this service btw, it's a great thing you're doing for all of us at CAG

I sent ye a message for a more "private" request just now.

Oi, I know what you're all thinking, you can stop that. It isn't anything dodgy, sorry to let you down.

[quote name='VintageTurtle']I sent ye a message for a more "private" request just now.

Oi, I know what you're all thinking, you can stop that. It isn't anything dodgy, sorry to let you down.[/QUOTE]

It's ok, I don't judge. In fact, you just reminded me to send in my request for 10 used clothing articles...

[quote name='wasabi5858']It's ok, I don't judge. In fact, you just reminded me to send in my request for 10 used clothing articles...[/QUOTE]

I already told you many times, wasabi!
My jock straps are off limits!

EDIT FOR BELOW: No, never read the books. Actually never heard of this until we say the preview on another blu. Glad to know I shouldn't be sending you my $15! ;)

That reminds me, any news on that poster request of mine?

[quote name='dv8mad']:br: Percy Jackson & The Olympians: The Lightning Thief

How is this?[/QUOTE]

It was absolutely horrible.

Have you read the books? Whether or not you have, stick with those.

Ok so this is going to sound silly but... uh... other than buying the things you already have in stock, what on earth are your services and the request and all that? I don't... get it. Auctions "up to" xxx yen? What auction - ebay, amazon, other? Item location and purchase? What's this?

I read your news and so I know the services are kind of "to pay for what was already approved in the request" but I still don't get it and I didn't see it in the FAQ.

To simplify - I want japanese stuff. How does your webpage get me japanese stuff? Where am I getting it from? How much does it cost to use your help? Am I finding the stuff or are you?

Sorry to sound totally newb, but I just realized after looking at your page tonight that I just don't understand. :(

[quote name='callmewoof']Ok so this is going to sound silly but... uh... other than buying the things you already have in stock, what on earth are your services and the request and all that? I don't... get it. Auctions "up to" xxx yen? What auction - ebay, amazon, other? Item location and purchase? What's this?

I read your news and so I know the services are kind of "to pay for what was already approved in the request" but I still don't get it and I didn't see it in the FAQ.

To simplify - I want japanese stuff. How does your webpage get me japanese stuff? Where am I getting it from? How much does it cost to use your help? Am I finding the stuff or are you?

Sorry to sound totally newb, but I just realized after looking at your page tonight that I just don't understand. :([/QUOTE]

You missed only one stop woof. Just click the Services tab at the top to read about each individual service.

EDIT: I even just created a new board in the forum just for you! ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Question about the locating service:
Do I pay the 700yen up front or just when you actually find the product?
If I buy 2 quantities of the same product, will it cost 700y or 1200y?

[quote name='glemtvapen']Question about the locating service:
Do I pay the 700yen up front or just when you actually find the product?
If I buy 2 quantities of the same product, will it cost 700y or 1200y?[/QUOTE]

The fee is an upfront payment. Basically covers time and travel. As for the items, if they are exactly the same, then it is only 700yen. If they are different colors/sizes, but I believe I will find them in the same place, it's still 700yen.
Basically, I will be charging the additional 500yen for each item that will require more time and/or travel.

hmmm, so for my case, do I go add the services to cart and pay for it?
In the email update, it says "initial billing". what does that mean relative to site. Am I going to be sent a link to a cart with the services I requested. Pay for them and at the completion, send a cart for the shipping?

flow charts!

[quote name='wasabi5858']hmmm, so for my case, do I go add the services to cart and pay for it?
In the email update, it says "initial billing". what does that mean relative to site. Am I going to be sent a link to a cart with the services I requested. Pay for them and at the completion, send a cart for the shipping?

flow charts![/QUOTE]

Well, yours was different because you made the request before we had the services purchasable. Now that they are there, you can add them to your cart and pay and I will get started on locating your items or you can just pay directly as noted in the, uhh... notes. That sounds weird.
Anyway, you have found yourself initially billed! :booty:

Thanks dv8 it made a bit more sense after reading. :) Btw all the buttons at the top don't work or maybe its just me? (your navigation links)

And that being said, what's the japanese equivilant to Gamestop? The gaming store chain that might have a used copy for half the price of a new import and it might be at a different store across town kind of thing. Like gamestop. With a website. That I can check. hehehe ;)

Summary - what are some good (non-auction) webpages (other than, uh, amazon.jp, yahoo.jp, and ebay.jp?) that I can browse to locate products to utilize your services (gaming-wise)? :)

[quote name='callmewoof']Thanks dv8 it made a bit more sense after reading. :) Btw all the buttons at the top don't work or maybe its just me? (your navigation links)

And that being said, what's the japanese equivilant to Gamestop? The gaming store chain that might have a used copy for half the price of a new import and it might be at a different store across town kind of thing. Like gamestop. With a website. That I can check. hehehe ;)

Summary - what are some good (non-auction) webpages (other than, uh, amazon.jp, yahoo.jp, and ebay.jp?) that I can browse to locate products to utilize your services (gaming-wise)? :)[/QUOTE]

Hmmm, they are working for everyone else, myself included. Are you signed in? There are a couple that you must be signed in to use.
As for finding used games online easily here... :rofl: :rofl: Oh, my side... :rofl: Stop, you're killing me! :rofl:

If it were that easy, I wouldn't always have to go hit up the shops. Of the few places that even do put their used stuff online, good luck ever finding anything priced even close to what it may be in the shops. I pretty much gave up and I hoof it everywhere. Your service fees will buy me some new shoes! :lol:

Received the Official Taito Black Paddle Controller, worked a lot more better than I thought. Are there any other games that were released in Japan that didn't make it out here that have a use for it?

[quote name='skiizim']Received the Official Taito Black Paddle Controller, worked a lot more better than I thought. Are there any other games that were released in Japan that didn't make it out here that have a use for it?[/QUOTE]

To my knowledge, just Space Invaders and Arkanoid.

So, dv8cag.com isn't the end of lowballs, is it? They're so much fun, and I've found stuff I didn't even know I wanted.

A couple people asked about being able to see a currency other than yen and that has been incorporated now.
You may select your currency between Yen, US Dollars and Canadian Dollars now and, when you items to your cart, it will show the approximate amount in the currency you selected. It does still change to yen as checkout completes, but it should give you value shoppers a much better idea of pricing. ;)

[quote name='dv8mad']Hurry up. I need my faceplate jerk. Speaking of you being a jerk, where is my package? :booty:[/QUOTE]

Funny I was just about to post asking for your approval. Package is on the way. Stupid PO was closed on monday :bomb:. No wonder those jackholes are losing money. I sense you bidding on a faceplate. Don't ask me why but just a hunch. :D

[quote name='ZxT Vendetta']Funny I was just about to post asking for your approval. Package is on the way. Stupid PO was closed on monday :bomb:. No wonder those jackholes are losing money. I sense you bidding on a faceplate. Don't ask me why but just a hunch. :D[/QUOTE]

Didn't dv8 sell someone something in exchange for a Deathsmiles faceplate? Or did that fall through?

And PO was closed cause when a federal holiday falls on a weekend, federal workers (maybe state too) get the closest working day off. So since July 4th fell on Sunday, Monday was a day off.

And they're losing money I think mostly because so many companies did away with paper bills or charge extra for paper bills, and people pay online... Not because they're not open for one day in the year...

[quote name='dv8mad']^ less grinding, more bumping.

New items coming to dv8CAG.com within the next 24 hours or so![/QUOTE]
Speak for yourself mate. ;)

Goody gumdrops! Are there any hints that we can pry out of you about this week's loot?

dv8, is there a simpler way to see what's new without having to navigate through a lot of categories and subcategories? No offense, but there's a lot of categories there, man. lol

I have both Red Dead and Transformers: WFC for the :ds:Black DSi System with Clear Case, Charger and one Stylus. Willing to negotiate if you like

[quote name='Vegan']dv8, is there a simpler way to see what's new without having to navigate through a lot of categories and subcategories? No offense, but there's a lot of categories there, man. lol[/QUOTE]

Sorry, not quite yet. The current news page just said that I added more items (didn't have a lot of time) but future updates should include a linked list of each item that was added.

[quote name='dorkieyoh']I have both Red Dead and Transformers: WFC for the :ds:Black DSi System with Clear Case, Charger and one Stylus. Willing to negotiate if you like[/QUOTE]

Begin negotiations!

[quote name='darkrundus']Just received Tales of Rebirth and left feedback. Great condition!

Also, how much would it cost to ship the PS3 on dv8cag.[/QUOTE]

If you add it to your cart, you can see the shipping options. Depends on how fast you want it! ;)

[quote name='Vegan']dv8, is there a simpler way to see what's new without having to navigate through a lot of categories and subcategories? No offense, but there's a lot of categories there, man. lol[/QUOTE]

Fixed just for you, buddy! ;)

[quote name='dv8mad']Fixed just for you, buddy! ;)[/QUOTE]

Handy!

[quote name='guynextshore']That is a great deal on a DSi! Hope some cags will bite :)![/QUOTE]

Just keep in mind that DSiWare is region-locked. But if DSiWare isn't for you, it's a non-issue.

[quote name='Vegan']Handy!

Just keep in mind that DSiWare is region-locked. But if DSiWare isn't for you, it's a non-issue.[/QUOTE]

True. However, it's a US system. I should note that, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back