A Boy and His Blob $16.28 w/FSSS or $15.47 shipped through third party[Dead]

This is a great price. My only problem is my Wii backlog is the worst of all systems. Still, I may bite if I can knock out a game in the next couple of days.

[quote name='matchu']I didn't know I should have created a new thread for this. Thanks for stealin' my thunder. ;)[/QUOTE]

thunder, boom! XD

but the old thread got moved to the graveyard, so might as well make a new thread ;D

How long do you think it's going to be at this price? I'd love to get this game, but I'm currently away from my Wii and won't have access to it for a few months.

Sadly, I don't see myself playing this anytime soon due to my massive backlog and I'm getting two new games that I've been waiting for a long time to come out this month so I'll have to pass on this. Decent price for anyone that doesn't have a big backlog though.

[quote name='Jugglenaut']How long do you think it's going to be at this price? I'd love to get this game, but I'm currently away from my Wii and won't have access to it for a few months.[/QUOTE]

if it's any indication, i bought it from sears yesterday for 19.97 on clearance.

Might as well get it now while it's cheap. I paid $27 about a month ago and only feel slightly foolish for not waiting a bit longer.

The game is really great. A true hidden gem in the Wii's library. I was fortunate enough to get it for $20 a month after it came out (TRU giftcard + B2G1 deal), and I just finished playing it this weekend (~18 hours of total gameplay).

The last 15 or so levels are really great, especially the last 3 or 4. The final blob transformation is SO AWESOME.

I want to drop $20 on this, as well as Rabbids Go Home, but I can't bring myself to. Back log is too huge, plus I feel like both games are going to go even cheaper eventually, and they don't appear to be in any kind of rare shortage.

Just got my income tax today and almost bought this for 40. Luckily the girlfriend talked me out of it or else I'd be removing my foot from my rear after seeing this thread. It's a sign, I must purchase!

[quote name='Gohan']The last 15 or so levels are really great, especially the last 3 or 4. The final blob transformation is SO AWESOME.[/QUOTE]

This just made me bump this game up in my backlog. You should work for their marketing department.

Is this game really that good? I have plenty of games to catch up on, but at this price seems like a no brainer if the game is truly that good.

I highly recommend this game, beautiful art. I bought a copy for myself and then two more as gifts back when it came out. The difficulty curve is odd, it starts out crazy easy for a while and then ramps up pretty quickly.

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Crap, now I regret buying last night. It's only like $1.50, but still...[/QUOTE]

I canceled my order from yesterday and reordered.

[quote name='kell']I canceled my order from yesterday and reordered.[/QUOTE]

I would have done that too, except Amazon said I was too late to cancel.

Now it's only sellling on Amazon through Hubbagames at $16.49 + $3.95 shipping. Hopefully it comes back one more time, I'd love to snag this!

[quote name='DrUnkAgAIn']Crap, now I regret buying last night. It's only like $1.50, but still...[/QUOTE]

Doesn't Amazon still have their "unadvertised 30-day price guarantee policy"? I know I used to use this all the time, but I haven't had to in the past year or so.

You used to be able to just call them at 1-800-201-7575, extension 7, and they would price match your Amazon purchase to the current price (has to be an Amazon price and not a third-party seller) within 30-days.

I also jumped on this at $18.85, so I'm going to give them a call and see what the verdict is on that. I'll let you guys know. I'm not sure if it would work now anyway since Amazon is OOS at the moment.

[quote name='scott_matthews']Doesn't Amazon still have their "unadvertised 30-day price guarantee policy"? I know I used to use this all the time, but I haven't had to in the past year or so.

You used to be able to just call them at 1-800-201-7575, extension 7, and they would price match your Amazon purchase to the current price (has to be an Amazon price and not a third-party seller) within 30-days.

I also jumped on this at $18.85, so I'm going to give them a call and see what the verdict is on that. I'll let you guys know. I'm not sure if it would work now anyway since Amazon is OOS at the moment.[/QUOTE]

they ended that policy.

[quote name='handsomepete']This just made me bump this game up in my backlog. You should work for their marketing department.[/QUOTE]
I highly doubt that marketing departments at looking for employees who talk up games by using the word "awesome," but thanks for the compliment. :)

Anyway, I recommend the game even at a $20 price point. It's a meaty game, and there are not many high-quality puzzle-platformers (or platformers in general) willing to be released at retail. WayForward deserves better than to work on licensed games.

[quote name='rpatrick']I just ordered through Hubbagames, shipping was free. Thanks OP![/QUOTE]

Hubbagames has been less than reputable, from information I've gotten from other CAGs. I have no personal experience, so I can't say much more than that.

As for the post-price-matching on Amazon, this is from their Help area:

"Post-Order Price Match Policy We do not offer post-order price matching when an item's price drops after you buy it. Our prices regularly change, and the price you paid when your order shipped was the lowest price we were able to offer at the time. We consistently offer competitive prices on everything we carry because we know low prices are very important to our customers."

It sucks, but 'dem's the breaks.

(On a personal aside, I also recently ordered another game from them that ALSO dropped $2 in price the following day. Salt in the wound. :bomb:)

bread's done
Back