A Boy and His Blob - $19.99 at Amazon

Was going to post this. Had it in my cart for the last 30 minutes looking for things to add (that I needed) for free shipping. Finally settled on adding an Eneloop charger with 4 AA batteries.

Damn, I just got a Wii so this is very tempting. But I just picked up Metroid Trilogy, Animal Crossing and Madworld to go along with New Super Mario Brothers. Then throw in my backlog on 360 and PS3. I wanna pass, but I have a feeling I'll be biting on this later today anyway.

Damn, this is a good price for this game considering its recent release date, but with my backlog and tight cash flow I don't know if I can pull the trigger. Sadly I was going to be a whore and get it at Best Buy for the RZ points if there were free games to be had, but theres no free games so no point in me going to Best Buy. Hopefully this deal lasts the whole week without selling out so I have time to think about how much more I want to increase my backlog :whistle2:/

[quote name='thegame85']If I didn't have a 30+ game backlog, Id be buying this.[/QUOTE]

Same here! I'm trying to control my spending right now! Plus I have a huge baclog of games and movies...but I REALLY want this game...granted, it's only $20...must...resi....s...shipped already for me :cool:

:lol:

Wow, this is bringing back memories. I remember asking my mom to buy me A Boy and his Blob for the NES because it was only 19.99 when I was a kid.

Swamped w/ new games already...but at this price, still had to get it. Burned the last of my Amazon Xmas credits. Thanks for the heads-up, OP.

If you haven't bought this game already, please do. I got it when it came out and this is a great game. Way Forward deserves a lot more credit than what they got for it. I'm pretty sure the IGN Nintendo Podcast said they only sold 17,000 in the first week...

Thanks OP. I bit for that price and the graphics look great on the preview. It's unfortunate I just shelled out a good amount of cash already at TRU for the BOGO50 sale (Saboteur and R&C: Crack in Time). I feel like I'm ending this year a poor, poor man. =(

[quote name='infamyRISE']Would rather pay tax and get some Reward Zone points.[/QUOTE]

In the long run with amazon you save more. Add all the tax over a year and you could get a prime account depending on your spending.

[quote name='Ecto311']In the long run with amazon you save more. Add all the tax over a year and you could get a prime account depending on your spending.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't get a prime membership in my case because I can wait a few more days (instead of the 2 day shipping with prime) and I would go for the $25 and up for free shipping. Just buy things that you want ( a sale) and filler item that you could utilize in your daily life. That's more cost efficient in a scenario like mine.

I can def see the benefits of prime membership, however.

[quote name='TheCutUp']If you haven't bought this game already, please do. I got it when it came out and this is a great game. Way Forward deserves a lot more credit than what they got for it. I'm pretty sure the IGN Nintendo Podcast said they only sold 17,000 in the first week...[/QUOTE]

Agreed.

Thanks for the heads up OP.

[quote name='Ecto311']In the long run with amazon you save more. Add all the tax over a year and you could get a prime account depending on your spending.[/QUOTE]

Except in this case:

I have a Prime Account.
I'd only be saving a single dollar anyways.
The 20 points are going to put me into another $5 Gift Certificate threshold.
Being able to play now is always > being able to play in 2 days.
Did I mention its a buck?

[quote name='infamyRISE']Except in this case:

I have a Prime Account.
I'd only be saving a single dollar anyways.
The 20 points are going to put me into another $5 Gift Certificate threshold.
Being able to play now is always > being able to play in 2 days.
Did I mention its a buck?[/QUOTE]

In addition to your time, gasoline, and energy to and from the store. If it's on your way in your daily travels, though, then the difference is negligible.

[quote name='johnnypark']In addition to your time, gasoline, and energy to and from the store. If it's on your way in your daily travels, though, then the difference is negligible.[/QUOTE]

It is. Thanks for...looking out.. I ..guess?

[quote name='Masterkyo']I waits. It should be $10 or less in few months ;)[/QUOTE]

I'd say $14.99, and not a penny less. I can't recall too many Wii games (including the shovelware they continue to put out to the masses- even Howie Mandel is ashamed :lol: ) being $9.99 without some kind of special promotion. A couple titles I did get for $9.99 recently from Amazon were Sonic: Secret Rings and Klonoa, and they're anything but shovelware.

Wish they would match Motorstorm Pacific Rift for $20 as well. Then I would pick up both with free shipping, my prime ran out. This may be a case not having Prime reduces my impulse buys, unless Amazon steps up to the plate.

Grr. Got it for my daughter for xmas, paid $35 for it earlier this month on Amazon. Maybe I will buy it again for the $20, return the unopened one back to Amazon.

bread's done
Back