A Boy and his Blob - OUT NOW! - Buy it or you have no soul!

I finished the first world. I got all the treasure chests so far. The boss "battle" at the end of world one was amazing. I think this may be the best non-Nintendo game on the Wii.

my copy arrived yesterday, probably won't get around to playing it for a couple weeks, it jumps over a lot of games in the backlog, but not all

I'm around level 25 now, and I've done 9 challenge levels in addition to that. So great. I imagine I'll have it beaten over the weekend.

I assume I'm halfway through - at the beginning of the third world. Really great game, I think the boss battles are my favorite part thus far - though the second gave me some frustration because I'm not a fan of trying to navigate in a bubble.

I showed my fiance the game trailer through the Nintendo Channel, and he asked if the game was a movie? It just seemed like an awful lot of video, which is surprising for a Nintendo title. Quality animation.

I picked it up today as part of Best Buy's B2G1 sale, but unfortunately I don't think I'm gonna be able to get around to it until next year with my backlog.

The Wii has it's own timer now, though. You can see how many hours you've put into it in the Nintendo Channel. There's an option there, but I'm forgetting what it's called.

[quote name='maximumzero']I picked it up today as part of Best Buy's B2G1 sale, but unfortunately I don't think I'm gonna be able to get around to it until next year with my backlog.[/QUOTE]
what others games did you get?

I am about 6-7 hours in, about to start level 3.7
I've collected all 3 chests on each level and beaten each corresponding bonus level. 2 of the bonus levels were frustrating (mostly because you have to be perfect as there are no checkpoints), but otherwise are strong companion levels to the game.
I've loved everything, except the rocket controls, which I don't know, are broken or at the very least occasionally inconsistent.

My my, it appears I shall remain soulless for awhile. Thanks OP.
cagus.smile.jpg

[quote name='vagrantpaul']My my, it appears I shall remain soulless for awhile. Thanks OP.
cagus.smile.jpg
[/QUOTE]
Better late than never, my friend.

[quote name='icedrake523']13 hours. That's pretty good.[/QUOTE]

And, remember, that's just completing the story and a few of the challenge levels. It could easily be 20+ with completion of all the challenge levels.

finished. all levels and all 40 bonus challenges, per the nintendo channel, clocked in a little over 15 hours
great game, the later levels especially are well designed.

Do budget Wii releases not have Club Nintendo codes? I bought A Boy and his Blob new, unopened from Fry's and it didn't have a code. Did anybody else get one?

[quote name='Dr Mario Kart']Only Nintendo published titles have codes in them. This one is Majesco.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response Dr. Mario Kart. For some reason I thought that all Wii games now had codes, but I was apparently wrong.

I started playing this tonight. Does it get better after the first world because I'm finding it rather dull and I'm kinda tempted to trade it into GameStop since it's eligible for the $20 off promo.

It depends on what you mean by "better"? The levels stay basically the same, but they get longer and more difficult. There is more variety to the puzzles and forms the blob can take as well.

Does it feel less tedious and slow? That's how it feels for me so far. Plus the kid is annoying with calling the blob. He's worse than Navi. Though FWIW, I never found Navi as annoying as most other people.

It never really felt tedious or slow to me, so I can't help you. I never really found either to be very annoying. How far have you gotten?

I just finished level 3-1 (doing every challenge puzzle as I go along). The game does move slow but I am enjoying the crap out of it. I really like the challenge puzzles.

The game never really speeds up, maybe just not your kind of game (although I would probably give it a bit more time, the new blobs might change it for you).

I'm going to play it a little more today. If I'm not into it by middle of the 2nd world, I think I'll trade it in. I'd like to give it another try down the road but there are other things I want to play right now and I'll probably never get close to $20 for it. I already have it on my On-Hold queue on Goozex so I won't have a long wait when I want it later.

[quote name='icedrake523']I'm going to play it a little more today. If I'm not into it by middle of the 2nd world, I think I'll trade it in. I'd like to give it another try down the road but there are other things I want to play right now and I'll probably never get close to $20 for it. I already have it on my On-Hold queue on Goozex so I won't have a long wait when I want it later.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I actually just listed my copy on goozex, Im not done the third world yet, but will be able to finish before I have to ship. Figure I can trade it now (750 pts) and pick it up again later for 10 bucks or so.

Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. I checked to see how much it was on Amazon and it's strange they no longer have it in stock. Same thing for Metroid Prime Trilogy. I have 4 days before GS' deal is up so I might be able to finish it by then.

I played some more tonight. Beat the World 1 boss. Got to the level just before the boss in World 2. I'm going to trade it in to GameStop. It's not a bad game, just one I can't get into. I gave it a chance though.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='icedrake523']Yeah, that's what I was thinking, too. I checked to see how much it was on Amazon and it's strange they no longer have it in stock. Same thing for Metroid Prime Trilogy. I have 4 days before GS' deal is up so I might be able to finish it by then.

I played some more tonight. Beat the World 1 boss. Got to the level just before the boss in World 2. I'm going to trade it in to GameStop. It's not a bad game, just one I can't get into. I gave it a chance though.[/QUOTE]

Some bad news if you were after Prime Trilogy, has been out of print since it went on sale for 29 bucks at amazon/best buy (according to amazon).

Finished the game last night, only did a little over half of the challenge maps. I kind of lost interest in the game mid-late world 3 and just stopped trying to complete challenge maps. Was fun, but just lost me. Overall tho' I am happy with the game, I didn't think the bosses were as hard as some reviewers made them out to be, the only one I died on a lot was the world 4 boss. (btw, it is back in stock on amazon for 19.99 if anyone was looking for it)

I played a little more and I just can't beat the 2nd boss. It's pretty cheap how you have to immediately get into the sphere or else you die.

[quote name='icedrake523']I played a little more and I just can't beat the 2nd boss. It's pretty cheap how you have to immediately get into the sphere or else you die.[/QUOTE]

Well
you have to toss the bean, then get him to start his swing. just move left and the swinging motion will slow him enough for you to get in.

Yeah, I toss it as soon as it starts. Trying to hit him is a pain though. I did it once using a pothole blob and those mines passing through it but I died since he attacked and I was defenseless. I'll be trading it in this afternoon or tomorrow.

[quote name='icedrake523']Yeah, I toss it as soon as it starts. Trying to hit him is a pain though. I did it once using a pothole blob and those mines passing through it but I died since he attacked and I was defenseless. I'll be trading it in this afternoon or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, he got me once or twice there.
his tentacle things wont reach the top step to the left. The rest of the fight can be done from inside the ball.

Im sending my copy out to someone on Goozex in the morning. Got 750 for it, not bad for a game I only spent 20 on and got a good 12-13 hours out of.

bread's done
Back