A CAG's Guide to the Best Gamecube Games under $20.

PawnTakesKing

CAGiversary!
Feedback
3 (100%)
Don't ask me why I'm posting this. Call it boredom. Or sheer Gamecube fanboyism. Or maybe both. I don't know. I was just browsing for deals on some cheap Cube games and decided to compile this list. Maybe it'll help someone, or maybe it will get locked and deleted within the first five minutes. Maybe Scorch will brand it with a REPOST. Either way, here we go: (in no particular order) the very best Gamecube games for under $20.

Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II
The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker
Tales of Symphonia
Splinter Cell: Pandora Tomorrow
Spider-Man 2
Luigi's Mansion
Mario Golf: Toadstool Tour
Super Monkey Ball 1 & 2
Need for Speed Underground
Metal Gear Solid: The Twin Snakes
Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System
RE:0
RE:make
Madden 2005
NBA Street Vol. 2
Viewtiful Joe 1 & 2
F-Zero GX
X-Men Legends
Metroid Prime
Soul Calibur II
Super Mario Sunshine
Pikmin
Eternal Darkness
Animal Crossing
Sonic Mega Collection
Skies of Arcadia Legends
Alien Hominid
Ikaruga

Feel free to agree or disagree, but for all of those titles being under $20 each, that's one heck of a Gamecube library already. I know other titles can sometimes be found at or below $20, but I just listed the most common.

I probably forgot some, so please list your own...by all means...

[quote name='Doom Gaze']I would take away the EA stuff, and add Mario Kart and Baten Kaitos.[/QUOTE]

Mario Kart would most definitely be on the list if it were under $20. It's not yet, as far as I know, however, so it didn't make the cut. And Baten Kaitos is just "meh" at best. A lot of CAGs probably know I'm a pretty outspoken proponent against it.

But I digress. That is probably a topic for the Vs. Forum, so I won't go there tonight.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Cube's got a fever and the only cure is MORE Alien Hominid![/QUOTE]

Good call. I can't believe I forgot that one. Seems to be a rarity though. I STILL haven't found it anywhere locally.

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Cube's got a fever and the only cure is MORE Alien Hominid![/QUOTE]

If you could find the darn thing...

i see alien hominid everywhere and it was pretty awesome.

couldn't justify holding onto it when the chance to trade for SSBM came up tho.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']i see alien hominid everywhere and it was pretty awesome.

couldn't justify holding onto it when the chance to trade for SSBM came up tho.[/QUOTE]
You traded AH for SSBM?

Wow...I've never put someone on my ignore list before, but if there was a good reason to start, that's it.

:twisted:

woah there fanboy!

AH cost me $10... so SSBM for $10 don't seem too shabby to me.

sides' AH will never compare to Contra III for my SNES, which I play every other day.

[quote name='Sleepkyng']woah there fanboy!

AH cost me $10... so SSBM for $10 don't seem too shabby to me.

sides' AH will never compare to Contra III for my SNES, which I play every other day.[/QUOTE]
Wow...wrong on all counts!

:twisted:

[quote name='WhipSmartBanky']Wow...wrong on all counts!

:twisted:[/QUOTE]

Dude. AH is a good game, but it is evil to say any side scrolling shooter can stack up to Contra III. Except maybe Contra or Super C.

But other than that, evil.

Is Paper Mario $20 yet? I didn't like it as much as ToS, but it's still a pretty good game.

Second Sight is under $20, but I have trouble finding the GCN version (going to get the Xbox version instead).

List updated.

I can't vouch for all of these games, since I haven't played a few of them. Can anyone else affirm Second Sight, Rogue Squadron 2, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Golf, and the Super Monkey Balls?

The point of the list to to have the BEST Cube games under $20, not another Players' Choice list.

[quote name='trunks982']Which part in Alien Hominid is 4 players? i was playing story mode or they called it mission and theres only 2 player max.[/QUOTE]
PDA games.

[quote name='Maverick CRV']List updated.

I can't vouch for all of these games, since I haven't played a few of them. Can anyone else affirm Second Sight, Rogue Squadron 2, Luigi's Mansion, Mario Golf, and the Super Monkey Balls?

The point of the list to to have the BEST Cube games under $20, not another Players' Choice list.[/QUOTE]
Uhh, considering Rogue Squadron 2 got 13% higher avg. scores on gamerankings than Rebel Strike, which is at 76%, I highly suggest you replace 2 with 3 if you want the best. Super Monkey Ball - 88.3%, Super Monkey Ball 2 - 85.2%, Luigi's Mansion - 80%, Mario Golf - 82% Second Sight - 79.2%. I can't speak for Second Sight, but the others are worthy considering your list. I'd question Mega Man X Command Mission and maybe I-Ninja off of your list as not being the best. The player's choice list is comprised of some of the best on the cube as they had to be good to sell well.

[quote name='FriskyTanuki']Uhh, considering Rogue Squadron 2 got 13% higher avg. scores on gamerankings than Rebel Strike, which is at 76%, I highly suggest you replace 2 with 3 if you want the best. Super Monkey Ball - 88.3%, Super Monkey Ball 2 - 85.2%, Luigi's Mansion - 80%, Mario Golf - 82% Second Sight - 79.2%. I can't speak for Second Sight, but the others are worthy considering your list. I'd question Mega Man X Command Mission and maybe I-Ninja off of your list as not being the best. The player's choice list is comprised of some of the best on the cube as they had to be good to sell well.[/QUOTE]

Point well taken. I've updated the list with those titles and deleted some of the more obscure ones.

bread's done
Back