A Cheap Ass Question for Home Stereo Buffs

VanillaGorilla

CAGiversary!
Feedback
18 (100%)
I just dug out my old Sony audio system (you know, those mini home entertainment things, it has a 60 disc changer, 2 tape decks, Pro Logic and 5.1 surround capabilites), but I noticed that both of my smaller, satellite surround sound speakers are broken. The sound coming from them sounds awful, so I'm guessing they are broken.

Anyways, I was wonderinf if I could buy just these 2 smaller satellite speakers (left and right) from stores like Wal Mart or Target. I haven't been able to find them on their websites, and don't feel like spending $50 on 5 new speakers when I only need 2 smaller ones.

Try to find the impedance of the speakers. It should say something like 8 ohms. Then you know what speakers to buy. Just go to the flea market or something like that and buy some cheap speakers. that should say 8 ohms on the back. I say 8 ohms cause that is the most common.

[quote name='Graystone']Try to find the impedance of the speakers. It should say something like 8 ohms. Then you know what speakers to buy. Just go to the flea market or something like that and buy some cheap speakers. that should say 8 ohms on the back. I say 8 ohms cause that is the most common.[/QUOTE]

He's right on. Get the wrong impedance, and you run the risk of blowing the whole system.

bread's done
Back