A comparison of trade-in prices or Gamestop still sucks.

The first two aren't exactly trade-ins, but straight up sales, meaning you have to do all the extra work involved. When I think of "trade-in" I think of an instant, relatively painless process where you get far less than what your game is worth, but you don't have to go through the hassle of selling it yourself. The first two shouldn't be counted.

If you don't count the first two, GameStop is the best bet, as they're the most flexible.

[quote name='Chairman_LMAO']The first two aren't exactly trade-ins, but straight up sales, meaning you have to do all the extra work involved. When I think of "trade-in" I think of an instant, relatively painless process where you get far less than what your game is worth, but you don't have to go through the hassle of selling it yourself. The first two shouldn't be counted.

If you don't count the first two, GameStop is the best bet, as they're the most flexible.[/QUOTE]

Well, the article is titled "Where's the Best Place to Sell Your Games", so OP might have misdirected you there, no offense to OP, just saying. I will agree that a trade in is when you take it a a middle man of some sort to trade your games to , which they in turn resell.

The article does fail to mention that there is a risk sending games in online, as well as wait time, while GC and GS give you instant credit for a B&M transaction. There are a lot more pros and cons for each option that arent mentioned in the article.

[quote name='Link927']

The article does fail to mention that there is a risk sending games in online, as well as wait time, while GC and GS give you instant credit for a B&M transaction. There are a lot more pros and cons for each option that arent mentioned in the article.[/QUOTE]

Which leads me to believe it was conceived as just another GameStop bashing blog. The tone of the article seems anti-GS from the start. I know GameStop sucks, they're evil, blah blah blah, but I've heard this a hundred times before, and I'm kind of sick of it.

Except if it was a bashing article, it'd have constantly slammed GameStop for no reason. No bashing of any sort occurred in the article.

They gave basic pros and cons for all of them. And the reality is, GameStop DOES give terrible trade-in prices. Regardless of promos and what not, that isn't a factor for this article.

The "survey" is terrible. The reason you take games to stores is for the ease of trading them in and getting something immediately. Its no surprise that Ebay and Amazon were the best. In those two cases you are removing the middle man and selling directly to the buyer. When you give games to a store that invites the middle man in and thus your trade in value is lower because they have to make a profit.

bread's done
Back