A few good $9.99 drops at GameCrazy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scorch

CAGiversary!
Feedback
72 (100%)
This is not ymmv.. these titles are 9.99 new, 7.99 used.. 7.19 with mvp;

Infinite Undiscovery (x360) (this had dropped 2 weeks ago, went back up.. went down again)
Lair (ps3)
Lego Batman (wii, x360, ps3)
Lego Indiana Jones (wii,360, ps3)
Mercenaries 2 (360, ps3)
Samba De Amigo (Wii)
Too Human (360)

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Gbear09']is infinite undiscovery worth the price?[/QUOTE]
IMO, no. I am not into JRPGs, so I was giving it a try, so that might be why. On the other hand, places like eBay and Amazon have them selling for over $10, so you could sell it if you don't like it.

I will probably go back later and see if they have Mercs and Too Human both used so I can do the buy 1 get 1 50%.

I got Lego batman for 360 for 9.99 it wasn't marked on the package but the guy checked the system. I'm going back for Lego Indy and Too Human.

Picked up Lego Batman new, the guys at my store are on top of things as they had a bin in the middle of the store with all the new games stickered at the correct price of $9.99.

Thanks Scorch.

[quote name='Gertle627']Just a note for anyone interested in Lego Indy: the 2 pack with Kung Fu Panda is only $15 used at Gamestop.[/QUOTE]

HUh -- please explain.

[quote name='Frankski']HUh -- please explain.[/QUOTE]

I'm not sure what there is to explain - the 360s released this holiday season had Kung Fu Panda and Lego Indy in one case as a pack-in title, and you can get that case with two games in it for $15 at GameStop.

The question is whether or not you want Kung Fu Panda. It's definitely a game for kids, but according to IGN it's a good one (7.5 out of 10, with most of the knock against the game being its length).

I got it when I got my 360 during Circuit City's out of business sale. Haven't played it yet, but I'm almost tempted to because I'm a sucker for beat-em-ups and it'd probably result in a few achievements. :oops:

Lego Indiana Jones is probably the weakest out of the three Lego games released so far, but that doesn't mean it's bad. The levels actually follow the movie quality - Temple of Doom sucks, but the other two are fun.

I've got to run errands tomorrow; between these markdowns and the B1G1 half off sale, I'm going to have to swing by the GameCrazy across the street from my actual destination.

Thanks Scorch! I picked up Lego Batman and Lego Indiana Jones for Wii. It was actually a really good experience at GameCrazy tonight - the employee who rang up my games and took my trade-ins was very helpful.

[quote name='chiwii']Thanks Scorch! I picked up Lego Batman and Lego Indiana Jones for Wii.[/QUOTE]Same here, just got them this afternoon.

Unfortunately, found out later that the Lego Indy was gutted. Didn't even think to check for that at Game Crazy. From what an employee at another store told me later, they never open the games unless someone requests to try it out. Too much trouble to return and go get a sealed copy, especially for a $10 game. Would've been pissed if it was a more expensive one, though.

I picked up Too Human & Mercs 2. Neither had the case/manual but for under $15 for both, I am not complaining. I figure I can sell Merc for at least $5 (since I've already had & traded it). Thx again for the info Scorch!

I picked up Infinite Undiscovery, I was going to pick up Too Human since I wanted to try it. They didn't have it in stock, and there is only one Gamecrazy around me.

Thanks for the info Scorch.

thanks OP, just picked up Lego Indiana Jones for my girlfriend. she plays the demo almost everytime she's over, so for 10 bucks...i'm golden

A shame that the closest Game Crazy is 30 minutes away, or else Too Human would be mine.

I have to recommend Mercs 2 to anybody even slightly interested at $10.00, that's what picked it up for at Best Buy a while ago and I've gotten a great amount of game play out of it and I'm still not even close to being finished with it.

Hey TC thanks for the heads up, picked up Infinite Undiscovery and Mercenaries 2 today.

Also, I don't think Lair is worth $10, unless you REALLY love dragons...even that didn't change my mind.

[quote name='eugaet']Same here, just got them this afternoon.

Unfortunately, found out later that the Lego Indy was gutted. Didn't even think to check for that at Game Crazy. From what an employee at another store told me later, they never open the games unless someone requests to try it out. Too much trouble to return and go get a sealed copy, especially for a $10 game. Would've been pissed if it was a more expensive one, though.[/QUOTE]

I almost got a gutted Lego Batman, but the cashier noticed that it was unsealed before she rang it up. She grabbed a sealed copy off the shelf to sell to me instead. For $10, I wouldn't have been too upset, but I think it was really cool that she made sure to grab an unsealed game!

[quote name='chiwii']I almost got a gutted Lego Batman, but the cashier noticed that it was unsealed before she rang it up. She grabbed a sealed copy off the shelf to sell to me instead. For $10, I wouldn't have been too upset, but I think it was really cool that she made sure to grab an unsealed game![/QUOTE]

I used to work at a GameCrazy, and at least while I was there we were only allowed to gut a copy if there were plenty of copies left. Not like GameStop where we could "borrow" it. The store manager's policy was basically to never sell the gutted copies, but to put it into the "defective" pile after a certain amount of time. I guess what I'm saying is that a gutted copy at GameCrazy isn't the same as a gutted copy at GameStop.

[quote name='auburntigersfan4life']Do you guys realize how hot this deal is? you can get a 10$ game and a 50$ game for $35 total[/QUOTE]

if your talking about the B1G1 50% off, its always the lower price thats discounted... so you wouyld still have to pay $55, not $35

[quote name='auburntigersfan4life']Do you guys realize how hot this deal is? you can get a 10$ game and a 50$ game for $35 total[/QUOTE]

facepalm.jpg

[quote name='happyorangeman']I have a Hollywood Video Nearby that sells new games, would they have these deals?[/QUOTE]

No this is GameCrazy only. Hollywood Videos w/o GC's have different sales/promos.

[quote name='IXI Dragunz IXI']Hey is the buy one get one half off still going on?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, but the discount is (usually) only applied to the cheaper game you buy, so not great. Some people are saying Gamestop's mindless employees are giving them the discount on the more expensive game, but YMMV.

[quote name='auburntigersfan4life']when does B1G1/2 off end?[/QUOTE]

Offer valid until 8/24/09.
I'm never sure if that means it'll end today or tomorrow.

[quote name='greyzieoriental']Offer valid until 8/24/09.
I'm never sure if that means it'll end today or tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

I think that means tomorrow when the store cloes, but I'm not sure. You know its still going for today though, so it may be best to just do what you want today just to be safe (if possible).

in store today i saw the lego games (used only available, at the 8$ price), and i saw A couple odd things... Infi Und. was 9.99... and 18.99. It was in two spots (4 feet apart), each with a diff price sticker. If it's tagged, they can't deny the price.

Also, Too Human is a GREAT 10$ pickup. The "little annoyances" did drive me batsh!t insane from time to time, but that was tolerable with the rest of the game being pretty damn good.

I also think i spotted Marvel U.A. for 5$ used... new 20+. so if you don't mind the usual isues with used games, it might be worth it for some.

At my GC the put very few games on the floor. I asked for Too human and Infinite Undiscovery and he went into the back and got 'em for me.

XBOX 360
Mercs 2 (for a friend)
Too human
Infinite Undiscovery
Jericho
26.00 including tax, no MVP not bad thank OP

The also gave me a little book of coupons including to B2G1 frees ones good till 8/15-9/14 the other 9/15-10/14. I'll see if I can figure out how to post a scan of them.

I picked up lego Batman and Mercs 2 at the Gamecrazy in Chesterfield, MI yesterday. Seemed like they had quite a few of them there for anyone interested. Looked like they still had Indiana Jones as well, but no Infinite Undiscovery or Lair. Not sure about the others.

The guy at the store seemed really surprised that they were 10 bucks. He said the used ones are still at 17.99 or whatever they were.

Lego Indy may be worth a shot. All the Lego ____ games are the same (Lego Indy, Lego Batman, Lego Star Wars) but for $9.99 it may be a pickup. Nice deal though. Also find value in Mercs 2, as I liked the game. Didn't think it was worth $9.99 (or $4.99, found it someplace else) but I did like it.

Depends on what kind of gamer you are. Worth $9.99 to most though.

Thanks op, picked up Mercs 2. Tried to get Lego: Batman but no luck. After telling me the only copy they had in the store was a "display" case (meaning a gutted new game) and bragging that they don't do it to every new game like GameStop does, couldn't find the case. So when she checked to see if the game got sold by looking in the drawer with all the gutted new games, she pulls out 3 of 'em. Unable to find the boxes they came in, she then asks me if I'd mind if she sold me the "new" game minus the case and manual at the new price vs. the used. "You can see there are no scratches on the disk, so it's new." You can imagine where I told her to stick it.

No luck with Lego: Batman as well. Went to the Store in Palatine, Il and they were selling it for 18.99 new.

Update: Called around to all GameCrazy locations within 20 miles of my apartment on Google Maps. 3 of their numbers were disconnected, and 2 had it for 18.99. Guess they are taking advantage of Arkham Asylum coming out soon. That or this promotion is over.

Update 2: Looked around the net and apparently this sale ended on 8/28. I should have gone yesterday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back