A few nice deals (Guitar Hero w/ guitar used $40 and more!)

I AM WILLIAM H. MACY

CAGiversary!
Feedback
12 (100%)
http://videogames.barnesandnoble.com/search/product.asp?userid=c104RbPCLm&EAN=2000003102228&Itm=2

From Barnes and Noble from Gamestop, shipping will be about $3 but it's ultra quick.

Also, I found an extra guitar on Gamestop for $10, backordered now but you can check store availability and also have them notify you when it's back in stock.

http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=900641

Finally, I found Full Auto with the exclusive faceplate has free 3-day shipping on Gamestop with code 3DAUTO.

Enjoy!

Hmmm. Does anyone else think trying the used option is worth it? I figure if not, you can send it back, right?

I'm goin' in.

Edit: Order placed, will update as needed.

[quote name='YoshiFan1']Good deal, the listing on Gamestop contradicts itself:
http://www.gamestop.com/product.asp?product_id=939234

Title is: Guitar Hero (Without Guitar) - Preowned

Description is: The guitar controller is included with the game.

I wonder if they will actually send the guitar even though BN says w/ Guitar[/QUOTE]
I'd order from B&N just to be safe, since at least B&N completely guarantees it while GS, if sent without the guitar, could just argue that the description is wrong.

I don't want to order it from B and N and then it be a big hassle if the disk is raped or some little kid painted the guitar lime green, i just don't know.

That's a really cheap price for the guitar:D I would think they would charge more than that since its still a popular game. Ebgames.com sells it new for $40 if anybody wants it. Also I didn't know there was two different color guitars.

Underneath the Gamestop listing if you add it to your cart it'll denote that the guitar's not included, saw that earlier today. Once I've got a little more change to my name I'll try the B&N listing, hopefully they'll still have them to sell by then. *chuckle*

[quote name='reluctant00']Underneath the Gamestop listing if you add it to your cart it'll denote that the guitar's not included, saw that earlier today. Once I've got a little more change to my name I'll try the B&N listing, hopefully they'll still have them to sell by then. *chuckle*[/QUOTE]

Ah. I didn't go that far.

Have e-mail confirmation that says it includes the guitar. If B&N somehow managed to screw this up and send just the game, they'd have a hard time convincing me that was all I was supposed to get. I screenshot'd the order page and the description each, and now my e-mail shows it should ship out today ("tomorrow" in terms of when I ordered it, on Thursday the 19) , so I'm feeling pretty good about this.

If it does come with the controller, I'll be needing people to help me compare my set versus their's in case it might be in poor condition.

/will keep posted.

If you do a search through B & N all of their stuff says right next to it that it ships from Gamestop, which seems really strange since Gamestop's site says that they don't ship the guitar; who knows maybe B & N got all of the guitars... just seemed a little strange, but if they sent an e-mail confirmation I would say it will be fairly hard for them to back out of sending you one or at least giving you a refund.

PeaceOut->
icebeast

NOOOO!!!! I just entered my PIN and clicked submit only to get a message that it was no longer available. I must've missed out by less than 10 seconds! Why god why?

Don't trust that gamestop will accept your return even if you prove to them that it says guitar included. I have had nothing but bad experiences with that whole chain, in fact, this weekend I traded in Half-Life 2 since it said I would get $24 for it on a sign in the store. They gave me 18.50, so I asked him why. He gave me an attitude and said "considering how busy I am right now it wouldn't be worth it to go back through so you can get your four dollars." It ended up being 10 dollars (extra 30% deal). So I told him that I don't care how busy you are, I want my money. The other guy there straightened it out eventually. Bottom line... Gamestop pisses me off even though that's virtually the only place around now and I have to shop there.

Needed to vent- that's just one of my many stories.

I just checked my order status on the gamestop website and it says Guitar Hero (game only) - Preowned but the e-mail that they sent me clearly states Guitar Hero (With Guitar) - Preowned. Anyone else seeing this? Should I call them up or wait this out?

I'm going to wait it out myself. I bought a Guitar Hero w/ guitar from BN.com. Barnes and Noble should stand behind what they sell, and if they don't come through with it, they should be willing to back up their product, and if that means a refund, then so be it.

[quote name='Lieutenant Dan']Don't trust that gamestop will accept your return even if you prove to them that it says guitar included. I have had nothing but bad experiences with that whole chain, in fact, this weekend I traded in Half-Life 2 since it said I would get $24 for it on a sign in the store. They gave me 18.50, so I asked him why. He gave me an attitude and said "considering how busy I am right now it wouldn't be worth it to go back through so you can get your four dollars." It ended up being 10 dollars (extra 30% deal). So I told him that I don't care how busy you are, I want my money. The other guy there straightened it out eventually. Bottom line... Gamestop pisses me off even though that's virtually the only place around now and I have to shop there.

Needed to vent- that's just one of my many stories.[/QUOTE]

That is outrageous. You should really write a complaint letter about that, or call the district manager.

Items Shipping from GameStop
Shipping Method: Standard

This part of your order is expected to ship on January 19, 2006

Quantity
Cannot be Removed

Description
Guitar Hero w/ Guitar - Used
RedOctane
Playstation 2 Game

Shipping Status
Not Yet Shipped

Total Price
$39.99

For inquiries about this shipment, please contact GameStop: [email protected]

Shipment Subtotal $39.99
Shipping & Handling $2.98
Shipment Total $42.97

According to the e-mail I got Wednesday night and my current order status this was suppose to ship yesterday. Did anyone's ship yet?

One thing I noticed is that the new bundle for Guitar Hero is only $69.99 on Barnes & Noble, while it's $79.99 at Gamestop.com. This might mean Barnes & Noble can have different products and prices than Gamestop, perhaps exclusivity given to Barnes & Noble because they're selling Gamestop products?

Also, do you guys think it's OOS because it was pulled or because they ran out?

[quote name='Chiba']One thing I noticed is that the new bundle for Guitar Hero is only $69.99 on Barnes & Noble, while it's $79.99 at Gamestop.com. This might mean Barnes & Noble can have different products and prices than Gamestop, perhaps exclusivity given to Barnes & Noble because they're selling Gamestop products?

Also, do you guys think it's OOS because it was pulled or because they ran out?[/QUOTE]
Probably just OOS, I doubt that many people have traded in Guitar Hero so there was probably like 5 copies at most to start with.

[quote name='Gamestop']Gamestop.com Order Confirmation E-mail

Date: 1/18/2006
Order #: XXXXXXXXXXXX1979
Amount: $58.36

Order Contents:

Description Qty Amount
----------------------------------------------------- --- ----------
Guitar Hero (Without Guitar) - Preowned 1 $31.99
GameCube Bongo Drum 1 $14.99

Subtotal : $46.98
Tax : $4.39
Handling : $6.99
Grand Total : $58.36

Shipping Method : USA 2-Day
[/QUOTE]

Here is the e-mail confirmation I received Wednesday night. I've already e-mailed Gamestop back for some kind of clarification, but I don't expect to hear from them any time soon. What really bites is the fact that I sprung for the 2-day shipping. Here we are two days later and they still haven't moved yet.

)-(

[quote name='Mr Durand Pierre']my order status is now shipped.[/QUOTE]

Same here...I guess we'll soon know.

Got my shipping notification and things are not looking good. I checked the tracking number and it shows the weight as 0.4 lbs. That sounds about right for the game without guitar. I guess those of us who ordered direct from gamestop are SOL. Just one more reason why I try to avoid gamestop. I'm curious to hear how those who ordered from B&N did.

)-(

Finally got an answer from gamestop. Too bad it's not the one I was hoping for.

[quote name='Gamestop']
Dear Customer,

The preowned game doesn't come with the guitar, but the brand new game
does come with the guitar. Sorry for any inconvenience regarding this
matter. Thanks and have a nice day.

Best Regards,
Donna
Gamestop Customer Service
[/QUOTE]
Oh well, the game should be arriving today. If it's in good condition I might consider keeping it and search for a cheap used guitar later. Otherwise it's going straight back to gamestop.

)-(

UPDATE:

Well, my gamestop order arrived yesterday and, as I was expecting, Guitar Hero came without the guitar. But the real kicker was the DK bongos I had ordered as well. I ordered a new set of Nintendo brand DK bongos and they shipped me a set of crappy Pelican bongos. C'mon guys, this is getting ridiculous. I've had many bad experiences with gamestop in the past, but this is by far the worst.

So, after sitting on hold for an hour I was able to obtain an RMA number from gamestop's customer service. To their credit, the rep. on the other end was very friendly and helpful. All I have left to do now is ship the whole mess back and hope they credit me for the shipping cost.

)-(

[quote name='Havoc1701']UPDATE:

Well, my gamestop order arrived yesterday and, as I was expecting, Guitar Hero came without the guitar. But the real kicker was the DK bongos I had ordered as well. I ordered a new set of Nintendo brand DK bongos and they shipped me a set of crappy Pelican bongos. C'mon guys, this is getting ridiculous. I've had many bad experiences with gamestop in the past, but this is by far the worst.

So, after sitting on hold for an hour I was able to obtain an RMA number from gamestop's customer service. To their credit, the rep. on the other end was very friendly and helpful. All I have left to do now is ship the whole mess back and hope they credit me for the shipping cost.

)-([/QUOTE]
Tsk tsk tsk.

Should've listened to old Uncle Macy and gone with B&N, at least they guaranteed the guitar.

[quote name='I AM WILLIAM H. MACY']Tsk tsk tsk.

Should've listened to old Uncle Macy and gone with B&N, at least they guaranteed the guitar.[/QUOTE]
True.

I thought $40. with 20% off at gamestop was to good to pass up. Sometimes I let my own cheapassness get the best of me. Let this be a lesson to you, kids.

BTW, I found me a nice cheap guitar on ebay. So, all's well that ends well I guess.

)-(

UPDATE: I ordered from the B&N and got mine in the mail today. It was shipped via media mail and WITHOUT the guitar. Now I got go through this who rma thing too.

bread's done
Back