a few of the bit generations GBA games in stock at play-asia

Ruahrc

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I didn't think this was enough of a "deal" to qualify for the VGD forum but tought I would alert people here.

Looks like a couple of the bit generations GBA games are in stock at Play-Asia. I had signed up to be notified of dotstream availability like over a year ago, and yesterday I got an email notifyimg me it was available. Unfortunately I think I snagged the last copy of dotstream, but looks like digidrive and boundish are still in-stock.

I haven't been keeping track of availability for these games actively, so I don't know there are always at least a few in stock, or if they come and go, or if this was the first time in many months that they have been available for purchase through PA.

Ruahrc

I really want Dialhex. Here's to hoping that Nintendo makes a DS compilation of the Bit Generation games that never made it North America. I really don't want to buy a Wii or a DSi if these are released/already on DSi/WiiWare service.

Which Bit Generation games were released over here?

Of all the ones I own (Orbital, Dialhex, Dotstream, Digidrive and Boundish), Orbital is by far my favorite, although both Dialhex and Dotstream are fantastic. Never really enjoyed Digidrive, and I honestly don't recall ever playing Boundish. Coloris looks like it would be fun, and I doubt I'd ever buy or play Soundvoyager.

EDIT:

After watching a Youtube video of Coloris, I remember why I didn't buy it - it just doesn't look fun.

None of the bit generations games were actually released in the US, but there have been a couple of "remakes" that were released on the DSi and WiiWare platforms. I believe they were dotstream, orbital, dialhex (all WiiWare) and digidrive (DSi).

waxHead, did you ever learn Digidrive's scoring mechanic? I ask, because that one was probably my 1st or 2nd favorite of the series. If you don't understand it, I can understand it not being very fun. If that's the case, try checking out the guides on gamefaqs, and give it another chance. It has that puzzle/shmup feel, where you have to use your brain and twitch-reflexes, and grow your skill.

[quote name='yayece']waxHead, did you ever learn Digidrive's scoring mechanic? I ask, because that one was probably my 1st or 2nd favorite of the series. If you don't understand it, I can understand it not being very fun. If that's the case, try checking out the guides on gamefaqs, and give it another chance. It has that puzzle/shmup feel, where you have to use your brain and twitch-reflexes, and grow your skill.[/QUOTE]

I learned it this morning after watching a video on Youtube (and after my previous post). It is pretty straight-fwd, though obviously gets more complex and difficult as the speed and number of "cars" increases. I'll give it another try after I finally finish DQ IX.

bread's done
Back