A few PSP questions

jfunkdpg

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I plan on picking a PSP up in the next couple of days (Gamestop website says the store I work at has some cores in, gotta call to confirm tomorrow) and I had a few questions I was hoping I could get answered.

One of the big attractions in getting a PSP for me is being able to play old games on emulators. Is that harder to do on the newer PSPs with newer firmware? If so, are there ways to get around it, and if so, are they relatively easy or hard to do?

Also, what games do you all recommend? I'm definitely gonna pick up Metal Gear Acid and Lumines (hopefully I can find a store with both for the B2G1). How is Me and My Katamari? I loved the previous two, so is this one worth checking out? Has anyone here played Exit? I've been reading about that game and it seems like it'd be right up my alley.

I've noticed that memory sticks have seen drastic price drops lately, so I'm inclined to pick up a 1 gig stick. I don't really plan to fill the thing up with music, maybe a few albums here and there, so will I need a stick that large?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

Emulation is possible on all psps now, but your going to need GTA: Liberty City Stories to get most of it working on certain firmware (2.5 and up I think).

I reccomend hitting up play-asia.com for some cheap psp games. They are imports but if you can get past the language barrier than your good.

Mega Man Powered Up is fantastic as is the new Syphon Filter.

Yeah if you really want to play homebrew you might as well buy GTA along with the PSP. It's as easy as loading up a GTA save file to play emulators. I have the 32 mb and it works pretty well but I defintely want a 1 or 2 gig just for some videos and NeoGeo cd emulation.

[quote name='Strider Turbulence']Emulation is possible on all psps now, but your going to need GTA: Liberty City Stories to get most of it working on certain firmware (2.5 and up I think).

I reccomend hitting up play-asia.com for some cheap psp games. They are imports but if you can get past the language barrier than your good.

Mega Man Powered Up is fantastic as is the new Syphon Filter.[/quote]
How does the LCS trick work?

And are the PSPs being released in the core package coming with 2.5 or above firmware?

the newest psp's will come with at least 2.60.

i have heard 2.61 is on the way. it will probably do away with the gta exploit

[quote name='jfunkdpg']I plan on picking a PSP up in the next couple of days (Gamestop website says the store I work at has some cores in, gotta call to confirm tomorrow) and I had a few questions I was hoping I could get answered.

One of the big attractions in getting a PSP for me is being able to play old games on emulators. Is that harder to do on the newer PSPs with newer firmware? If so, are there ways to get around it, and if so, are they relatively easy or hard to do?

Also, what games do you all recommend? I'm definitely gonna pick up Metal Gear Acid and Lumines (hopefully I can find a store with both for the B2G1). How is Me and My Katamari? I loved the previous two, so is this one worth checking out? Has anyone here played Exit? I've been reading about that game and it seems like it'd be right up my alley.

I've noticed that memory sticks have seen drastic price drops lately, so I'm inclined to pick up a 1 gig stick. I don't really plan to fill the thing up with music, maybe a few albums here and there, so will I need a stick that large?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.[/QUOTE]

Me and My Katamari is fantastic.. just give yourself an hour or so to adjust to the controls, and you'll be rolling like a pro in no time.

Skip Metal Gear Acid and go straight for Metal Gear Acid 2, which is far superior.

Lumines is awesome, pretty cheap to boot. I haven't played Exit, since it seems bound for a price drop. I also recommend -

Syphon Filter: Dark Mirror
Burnout Legends
Daxter
GTA: Liberty City Stories
Megaman Powered Up
Megaman Maverick Hunter X
Street Fighter Alpha 3 MAX
Hot Shots Golf

I would play through MGA because dammit I love that game. Also the Oriental(hehe) Models are hot. Get 'em both if you are a Metal Gear fan. I recommend Ridge Racers and Wipeout Pure. Can you tell when I got my first PSP?

Picked up my PSP today (well, my first one I got had a dead pixel so I exchanged it for another) along with GTA:LCS, Lumines, Metal Gear Acid, Wipeout Pure, and a 1 gig mem stick.

How does the GTA exploit work?

bread's done
Back