A Friday of Discovery

swick

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I wasn't going to post this, but Guessed kind of got on to me about it. Anyway.

I'd been in Knoxville, visiting my girlfriend for a few days, and had to drive back to Jackson (300 miles westward) on Friday. I stopped off in Nashville to meet up with Guessed, who'd held onto one of the $15 Donkey Kongas for me. While I was waiting for his lunch break, I stopped off at a local used-media shop, The Great Escape.

While there, I came across a copy of the European import of Shenmue II for the Dreamcast, only it didn't have a price on it. I asked the woman behind the counter; she looked it up and said she'd give it to me for $6. I was fine with that. Shortly afterwards, I found a copy of Shining the Holy Ark for the Saturn. The case had some smudges on it, but other than that it was in mint condition. It was marked at $25, but there was a post-it note on the front that had a scribbled out $7.50. Again, I asked the woman behind the counter - "Well, I think we paid that much for it," she said, "so I'll give it to you for fifteen." I was also fine with that. So I shopped some more.

Then I met up with Guessed, got the Donkey Konga, and had Thai food. And it was good.

For those who don't want to read that mess, total score:

Shenmue II (DC, EU import): $6
Shining the Holy Ark (Saturn): $15
MvC2 (DC, mint): $20 (not the best price, but it was worth it to me)
Some older PC games: $8
Donkey Konga: $17

Nashville: Totally underrated. I need to move back.

Yeah, Guessed told me about this and I almost flipped the hell out.. I paid $65 for EU Shenmue 2. Good find. My best find so far was at the Rivergate Great Escape a few years back.. Snatcher, complete and mint, for $10.

Well. Crap. I'm at Vandy, within walking distance of The Great Escape, and I sure never noticed any of that. Haven't been in about a week, though.

Nice finds. If any CAGers are in the area again, let me know.

Damn you...i was there on thursday and that Shenmue wasnt there! Good find though! I got my limited edition shenmue from there for six bucks aswell!

edit- I live across the street from TGE...

[quote name='karmapolice620']Damn you...i was there on thursday and that Shenmue wasnt there! Good find though! I got my limited edition shenmue from there for six bucks aswell!

edit- I live across the street from TGE...[/quote]
Dude, if I lived that close to TGE, I'd be in there almost every day. The Shenmue was actually in the case where they keep all of their SNES/GBA/N64 games, so it's no wonder you didn't see it. They did have a copy of Virtual On for Dreamcast that I meant to get, but I forgot.

[quote name='theq87']Well. Crap. I'm at Vandy, within walking distance of The Great Escape, and I sure never noticed any of that. Haven't been in about a week, though.

Nice finds. If any CAGers are in the area again, let me know.[/quote]
Don't forget to check out the CD Warehouse nearby; every once in a while they'll have some good stuff for the recent consoles, and they've got a great music selection too.

I was pondering getting virtual on but i decided not to and just got Fear and Loathing In Las Vegas, I had been meaning to buy the movie for awhile. If I went there everyday Id be broke at all times. Even when I have little or no money and I got to Great Escape I spend every penny I own. So I limit myself to once a week or once every two week visits.

bread's done
Back