A Gaming Collective Quandry..

jaysapathy

CAGiversary!
Feedback
17 (100%)
(If this isn't where it needs to be, move it. Couldn't figure it out.)

I'm trying to get my games organized, at least the last-gen and current gen stuff, and am looking for some software to go about doing it -- something besides Collectorz.Com Game Collector which is going to shaft me a yearly charge just to use their "wonderful, great, spectacular" service (their words, not mine). Any ideas?

A few years back I started doing this on IGN. But, then my collection started to have a lot of games coming and going....that was CAG's influence because i started getting a LOT of games really cheap. he he.

Game Collector on collectorz.com isn't bad, I'd just rather not have to pay a monthly/yearly fee for something that could easily sit there doing nothing for a month.. Is there anything out there besides that? Or is it tragically a one of a kind piece of software?

Well, I'd be willing to make the software. What would you want to see it? Basic Excel function? Maybe Average Price of each game ala IGN?

[quote name='Riyonuk']Well, I'd be willing to make the software. What would you want to see it? Basic Excel function? Maybe Average Price of each game ala IGN?[/quote]

My main interests would be to pull info from amazon/gamestop/etc, a cover, and then just keeping it organized by genre. Nothing huge, but the Collectorz setup really pisses me off because it phones home every single time to their own private database. No point.

Nothing really fancy, just something that can organize the data -- it could even read it in through a CSV file. Who knows? The possibilities are endless.

Jay

CheapyD has mentioned that they are trying to make a collection list system which, he hopes, will be a better offering than what is currently out there. Whether it will launch along side with CAG 2.0, that is unknown. Curious to see how it turns out though.

Give www.Listal.com a check. I use it for organizing books/comics but they also have a section for organizing games. You can put tags on each entry, so that should fit your needs. I've been liking it.

[quote name='Neo Queen Serenity']I used Microsoft's Access to create a database of all my stuff.[/QUOTE]end the topic rite here.

Access is crazy useful!

[quote name='JEKKI']end the topic rite here.

Access is crazy useful![/quote]

Kind of like that grossly oversized image in your sig? :roll:

[quote name='jaysapathy']Kind of like that grossly oversized image in your sig? :roll:[/quote]
Huh? His sig isn't big at all...

I always think it's funny when people talk about needing sites to organize their massive amounts of games. I only need to keep track of like 5 at a time lol.

[quote name='jaysapathy']Kind of like that grossly oversized image in your sig? :roll:[/quote]

Kind of like your grossly oversided head?

Yay, it's derailed from a progressive thread to a trollfest!

Don't worry, you all have bigger dicks than me, and are far, far more superior. Feel better?

Now, can we get back to the subject at hand? What's this about CheapyD having something written to go with CAG?

[quote name='jaysapathy']Yay, it's derailed from a progressive thread to a trollfest!

Don't worry, you all have bigger dicks than me, and are far, far more superior. Feel better?

Now, can we get back to the subject at hand? What's this about CheapyD having something written to go with CAG?[/quote]

No one said anything about big dicks. You came out and insulted a respected member and expected no one to say anything? Get over it.

bread's done
Back