A (GASP!) Good Gamestop Experience

Splatoon

CAGiversary!
Feedback
52 (100%)
Considering all the (well-deserved) shit Gamestop gets on these forums, I figured I'd share a pleasant experience I had today. The only Gamestop I frequent is a former EB in a local shopping plaza that does all the right things in my book (neat, pleasant staff, games properly sorted, no stickers directly on the game covers etc.). So I went in there to grab a copy of Madworld, and while I saw several "new" (gutted) copies on the shelf, I asked the cashier if they had a sealed one. Not only was she totally cool about it, she actually told me to hang on, went in the back, and came out with a shrinkwrapped strategy guide that she said they were planning to throw out. Sealed game + free strategy guide = awesome cashier. I have to tell you, it totally made my day, and guranteed them 100% of my future Gamestop business. Heck, I might even pre-order something. I think it just goes to show that it's not the brand, but the employees that make the difference.

Last edited by a moderator:
dude that's the same reason that I go to one down here in So Cal. They've done that kinda stuff for me for years and I've always gone back to them. They even helped me find a mint copy of Medal of Honor:Frontlines and Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. They even hooked me up with a free Master Chief Helmet when they were basically throwing them out. They held onto one for me since they knew I was coming in soon. Employees like that are what make a company I'd say.

I work at gamestop part time and go out of my way to make sure we don't give crap service. I can't believe some of the gamestop stories on here.

While getting a free guide wasn't a big deal (I'm guessing it was probably pennied, which is why they were going to throw it out, so they couldn't sell it), I'm surprised she didn't get you any shit for asking for a sealed game.

No way, a good experience at gamestop? I don't believe you! Just kidding, I don't visit gamestop much, but of all the times I've been there only one employee has been kind of an ass to me:

1. Asked if they had any new (sealed) copies of anime dvds in stock. He took them out of a drawer and proceded to gut them in front of me just as I was buying them.

2. Back when the Ngage was clearanced out I had him check the stock for one store, he claimed a store had one in stock, so ended up driving 30 mins only to find out they never had any.

Probably nowhere near as bad as the experiences posted on CAG, but most of the employees that work at the gamestops I go to seem to be well informed and don't go out of their way to give me a bad experience.

bread's done
Back