A Guilty Splurge And Some Nice Online Finds

Cambot

CAGiversary!
Saw Chrono Trigger at a local used book store, and almost cried when I saw the price. It was marked $59.99, but I couldn't resist. It has both maps/posters and it's all in great condition. I guess I can sell my loose copy I got for $8.00 to cover part of the cost. I consider it rewarding myself for being so cheap my whole life.

DSC_0001.jpg

Also, I got these three games from an online store. They were all $9.98.

DSC_0002.jpg

Time Gal (Sega CD)- $9.98
Road Rash (Sega CD)- $9.98
Road Avenger
(Sega CD)- $9.98

Yeah, I think the Sega CD one had Soundgarden on the soundtrack which was pretty awesome at the time. I don't know about Time Gal or Road Avenger though...

Wait, how would you only get $8 for your cart-only CT? Unless you're selling it locally or eBay has tanked, I think I sold it for something like $35 or $40 earlier this year.

[quote name='botticus']Wait, how would you only get $8 for your cart-only CT? Unless you're selling it locally or eBay has tanked, I think I sold it for something like $35 or $40 earlier this year.[/quote]

I think he meant he bought his cartridge only copy for $8. He will definitely get more than that for it.

[quote name='karkyco']I think he meant he bought his cartridge only copy for $8. He will definitely get more than that for it.[/quote]Ah, that makes much more sense. Carry on!

Sorry, yeah, I picked up a loose copy at the flea market earlier this year for $8.00. I usually don't sell games, but I think I will this time.

Great find on CT, even if a bit pricey for B&M. Still worth it, considering that a comparable eBay item would cost much more.

And I think you could get MOST of the purchase price back just by selling the cart.

Well done, I think.

Time Gal.. lol. Have fun with that.

Road Avenger was semi-notorious for the cracks in the glass spelling out the word SEX visible inside the character's mouth. At least in ad copy, that was the case. See if you can see it on the box. I remember it being a problem for EGM back then and they apologized for it.

Chrono Trigger is well worth that price. I paid more for it than that when I bought it new back in the day.

I sold a cart only copy of it for over 30 bucks on ebay... you should do as well, cutting down the cost on your complete copy

Don't worry about the price you paid for CT. I bet that game was close to $90 MSRP when if first came out because of the amount of memory used in the cart. I remember FFVI for the SNES was around $99 when it first came out.

I actually got CT at release...$69.99. Don't think SNES games ever got higher stateside...cept maybe Earthbound in that huge box...

[quote name='TahoeMax']I actually got CT at release...$69.99. Don't think SNES games ever got higher stateside...cept maybe Earthbound in that huge box...[/quote]

Naw, I remember TRU selling Super Mario RPG:LotSS for 79.99. Shit was my 11th birthday I think and it was the only thing I got cause of the damned price for a video game. :roll:

[quote name='TahoeMax']Egads. Thank god for disc-based games![/QUOTE]
Yeah, except now they are inching closer to those prices. 59.99 for a game? I remember when the PS1 was out and games were 39.99. Those were the days...

[quote name='TahoeMax']I actually got CT at release...$69.99. Don't think SNES games ever got higher stateside...cept maybe Earthbound in that huge box...[/QUOTE]
I think Killer Instinct sold for $79.99 when it was released.

I just remembered that Virtua Racing for the Genesis sold for $99 when it came out because it had some kind of special chip in it or something.

bread's done
Back