A memory problem! (UPDATED CONCLUSION)

Michaellvortega

CAGiversary!
Feedback
30 (100%)
This morning I went into Bestbuy to buy the $400 toshiba laptop, Got home everything worked fine, installed all the crap(AOL.Napster,Macafee). The unit only had 256 of ram and I had a Gift card for $30 so I returned to Bestbuy to get a stick of 512. A friend calls me up to go see Xmen 3 as I am leaving the store. I head over to the the theater and afterwards back home to install my laptop memory. Everything goes good, boots up and it shows as 448mb of ram, the on-board graphic card uses 64mb but that still left memory unaccounted for. I open the laptop again to check and see if maybe the larger stick has to go into the first slot instead and then I see the stick that installed was 256mb NOT 512. I take a look at the package which clearly states Kbyte 512mb DDRII.

Any ideas on how to calmly explaining this to BB? Im so pissed right now and I just need some feed back. I paid with $30 giftcard and the rest $22 on my debit card.

UPDATE:
Went to Bestbuy and told them there was the wrong product in the box, too my surprise without question they exchanged it.

Um, I would definitely consider ordering online. BB has very crappy brands and I would opt for Kingston or Corsair. I personally have found Zipzoomfly to be best with RAM but Newegg also works. Good luck. Remember, its' really worth it to spring for the better ram.

[quote name='ITDEFX']you could always say that the ram is defective as it locks up your machine, and you need a new one...[/QUOTE]

If you do that and get caught trying to give them a 256 stick with a 512 package, they'll most likely give you hell...

I would go in and tell them the truth, if they say otherwise, go check other packages of the memory to see if you can find another package with the same issue as your's... that's about all the proof you can give them.

If that doesn't work, send an email or contact their main customer support and get ready to mention the Better Business Bureau.

[quote name='greenbags125']Um, I would definitely consider ordering online. BB has very crappy brands and I would opt for Kingston or Corsair. I personally have found Zipzoomfly to be best with RAM but Newegg also works. Good luck. Remember, its' really worth it to spring for the better ram.[/QUOTE]

The rams for a cheapy $400 laptop, Im just using it for internet on the road and to set up peoples wireless networks at work. No gaming or anything.

[quote name='Michaellvortega']The rams for a cheapy $400 laptop, Im just using it for internet on the road and to set up peoples wireless networks at work. No gaming or anything.[/quote]

if ur not going to game, i wouldnt recommend cosair ram. if ur just going to use it for internet on the road and stuff, and since its a cheap 400 dollar laptop, u should get the new 1ghz ram that they just released, its only 300 dollar for 2gb! that should be good enough for u

[quote name='Michaellvortega']Went to Bestbuy and told them there was the wrong product in the box, too my surprise without question they exchanged it.[/QUOTE]

You got really lucky today......it must have been a new employee. if you got a seasoned vet, you would have been screwed.

bread's done
Back