A message that i got off of Craigslist

SharpShooter

CAGiversary!
I put up my Platstation 2 on Craigslist and I got this message from this guy that wants to buy it off of me. He wants me to send it over seas and pay with paypal. He said that he is willing to pay for shipping. Something just seems little fishy about it. I would like to know what everone on here thinks about it. Here is a copy of what he sent me.

Many thanks for the message.I may not be able to come and pick the item up by myself and pay in cash,because am not in state presently to complete this transaction with you in person.Am off to Italy for a Conference Meeting and i will be glad if you can do the shipment for me.Am buying this item for a Friend Located in Overseas as a Gift.I will be adding an extra $100.00 USD to cover the shipment and the insurance fee.The payment will be made Via My PayPal Account cos its very secure and safe to receive to receive in an online transaction.Get back to me with your paypal email account so i can send the money into your account ASAP.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Regards.

Think about it for one second. If they are willing to givbe an extra 100$ for shipping, why don't know go to ebay/gamestop to get it quicker and most likely cheap than your pirce + 100$ .

Paypal is .... not that good on protecting the seller (Read the ebay threads).

Definitely a scam. I mean you posted on Craigslist to deal locally anyway, right?

The likely scenario is:
The buyer will pay and ask you to ship it out that same day. Then you'll get an email from Paypal that the buyer's account was compromised and the funds will be returned to the buyer.

If for some crazy reason, you decide to go through with this (which I wouldn't recommend), make sure you take all the money out of your Paypal/Bank account and close it, before you ship the item.

I found somone else that wants to buy from me. He only lives few blocks down from me. That other guy is mad now because I wont sell it to him. Oh well

I got one of these when I put my laptop on craigslist

Hello,
How are you doing? I will like to let you know that I have gone through your posting and very satisfied with it, I am willing to buy it as far as I will not be aking any repairs on it.I am buying it for my ex-neighbor's daugther who lost both her father and mother during a motor accident when going to work couply of weeks ago as a gift which she also need for her final year project. So I will be buying it with an offer of $800 for packaging. Because I will not be able to come over there to pick it up myself due to the nature of my job and also the distance,I beside in Danville, KY.I will like to send the money through United States Travelex Express payment(Standard Delivery Service) OR United States Postal Service which the money Order will be delivered in 1-2days latest So to proceed with the payment I will like to have your contact address and phone number for payment today so that the money could be delivered latest tom orrow after all arrangement. I will also like to let you know that I have a fedex prepaid account which will take care of the shipping cost,so you will not have to pay for shipping once payment is made. Thanks for your understanding and please note that it is needed urgently so I will like to hear from you .

Major Scam, watch out. I mailed the guy and told him to go scam someone else

Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam Scam.

Scam!!!

This isn't eBay so once they send you money through Paypal, isn't it hard to just get your money back? I know there's Seller/Buyer Protection and all that crap but I thought that only applies to eBay sales.

In this day and age, do you really need to question such a vague response? If it isn't local, it's a bot.

:dunce:

The bot's generic message even labeled your PS2 as, "the item" and "the shipment". C'mon...

haha, you can usually tell by the horrible grammar they use, mainly cuz most of these emails are typed out by hand in Nigeria. Unfortunately, there's a reason why so many are sent out. In the end there's always a bunch of suckers ready to take up offers that are too good to be true.

Human nature(greed) at it's most obvious.

[quote name='hero101']Scam, beware... I don't trust overseas people for purchases (except canada maybe).[/quote]

Canada overseas? Wanna rethink that one?

[quote name='hero101']I don't trust overseas people for purchases (except canada maybe).[/QUOTE]

yeah...its cool that you trust those overseas people...the... Canadians? ;)

[quote name='Caliburn']In this day and age, do you really need to question such a vague response?[/quote]

It's also why people should put "local pickup only" in the listing that way as soon as they ask to ship it to another state/country, just hit delete.

It's not just games too. I've got one right now in the local section for pets, since I'm trying to get rid of 5 baby guinea pigs(thanks to a store fuck up mixing males & females in the same cage). Got a email yesterday asking if I ship to Arizona(shipping an animal? Isn't that inhumane?). Thankfully got two people locally that really are interested in adopting them, but I hate those damn bots.

bread's done
Back