A Modest Proposal

Girion47

CAGiversary!
there seems to be a lot of tension. so here is how I propose we fix it

remerge the clans. the split has caused many problems and both sides are suffering from lack of participation. hell CAGtac doesnt even really do that many clan matches anymore. return power to the former staff. yes I realize that some people are too happy with their title and may not want to give it up. but can you honestly say that you enjoy this responsibility? you enjoy being the center of the drama, like having people be pissed off at you when the shit hits the fans? but on another note. does anyone here care about rank all that much anymore? remember when you first started playing and you jumped in a party with some random clan members and you all played and just had fun with it? you didnt worry about who was an Elite and whether or not you were being discussed for promotion. sure it was something to strive for and improve yourself to attain but did it really make you mad if you werent elite? Clan matches arent all that great anyways. the only appeal of them came from them being forbidden. lets be honest. we'll never be the best clan. the people here dont have the time to dedicate to the game to become the best. a lot of us(mostly the silent ones) get on so we can shoot people and have our friends backing us up. not for the politics or the high rank. its been over a month since I've played on Live and who wants to know the number of people that have asked my Halo 2 rank or if I was in the good half of the clan? 0. face it. by having a high rank you're trying to impress people that are going to question the methods of which you attained that rank. how many of us automatically assumed that someone was boosting with the old rank system?

anyways. merge them back together. if you're in a party and you have control. boot who you dont like because they arent playing well with the team. if you get booted, dont bitch. find the clanners on your skill level or below it and play with them.

another thing. get rid of the formal rules. they're just an artificially imposed pain in the ass. if a team gets together and plays a few clan matches. who cares? they lost them all? have a talk with them and ask them to not do it again. dont ban. if they do do it again? kick them from the clan. if we get asshats in here that are here only to mess up our rank we'll know soon enough and if we got there once, then we can get there again. or is it the strategy of get as high as possible and play only when its neccesary to maintain that number?

I'm sure many of you wont like this idea because it might hurt your cliques but look at it this way. is there enough of you to do Spectres often? what about getting people together for BTB?

and a very important thing. DO NOT try and say CAGtac or CAG was a failure with their mission. neither failed. this proposal isnt in an attempt to try and bring them back into the fold. it is to bring us back together again.

Are you sure you are representing your whole clan with this post Girion? I'm sure you mean it with good heart, but I don't think it's as easy as it seems. There is pride, antagonisms, etc. If this had happened a week after the split, it might've worked, but not now. And "return power to the former staff", that's what they are: former staff, we have our own staff now. I like most of the cagtacs a lot, and I respect Rock very much, but I'm not sure that's the best solution. Just my opinion. In a perfect world a reunion would work, but I doubt it.

Girion has my full support on this one, Overlords and Staff of both clans need to look at this proposal and discuss this matter. If any are opposed to such an event, post up your view. Valid and meaningful disagreements will be brought into consideration.

I'm not claiming to represent the clan. this post is based on observation of the message boards. I dont claim inside knowledge of anything either. and yeah I know we have our own staff now. but do they enjoy their positions? or would they rather give it up and be happy with just being a member? I'm not saying give complete power back to the old ones but more like a sharing. again just a proposal. not a demand or even suggestion of what should happen.

[quote name='Girion47']I'm not claiming to represent the clan. this post is based on observation of the message boards. I dont claim inside knowledge of anything either. and yeah I know we have our own staff now. but do they enjoy their positions? or would they rather give it up and be happy with just being a member? I'm not saying give complete power back to the old ones but more like a sharing. again just a proposal. not a demand or even suggestion of what should happen.[/QUOTE]

Sharing the power might not be as harsh as "give back the power", but that is a matter both overlords and staff need to discuss. I still think it won't work. I don't see a very strong reason why would CAG need to have more ppl. That is not a valid reason for a reunion of the clans. As an example, during most of las week (including the non-clan days) we have been playing BTB games with clan members only (except one night that Rock was there, which was really nice to play with again, btw). We played so many games we stayed up until past 3:30 am central one of the nights. we are starting to have a very cohesive group of regulars who play very often and quite a number of new members who are very cool and willing to play with their clan. As far as staff enjoying their positions, I don't know, but they seem to be doing ok.

Personally, I like the splitting of the clans. CagTac is reserved for the more elite players who want to do clan matches and leveling (I'm assuming here). Cheapassgamer is more for casual type players like me, who don't dedicate that much time to the game and just want to have fun. I think both clans serve their purpose, everyone just needs to relax and have fun, isn't that the whole purpose?

AKA

Soul Vengeance

since you arent able to get on girion, you should know that CAG is able to get 8 people or more on nightly
we do long runs of BTB or major clan matches, depending on which one we're getting our asses handed to us in, or big ass custom games/team training if we're just sucking in general.

And even if we merge the clans, the current CAGtacs would play with each other and the current CAGs would too, with some slight mixing, maybe just fill parties when no one else is available.

DocVinh: I'm not saying it should become a skill based clan. I'm just saying it should merge so that the new batch of people can learn from the CAGtacs. thats where most of the strategies orignated from anyways. and I'm sure the CAGtacs could learn a few things from the new people too. but the off and on invites of people that are from the original clan isnt going to be really productive in mixing the people together. what happens when we get a lot of new people that have never played with the CAGtacs and dont know the way they act? I can imagine many things being taken the wrong way by some people and thats just more drama that could be avoided.

"And even if we merge the clans, the current CAGtacs would play with each other and the current CAGs would too, with some slight mixing, maybe just fill parties when no one else is available."

would there be anything wrong with that? there wouldnt be a new class of elites. except for staff and overlord everyone would be equal. but I'm sure that as time goes on there would be more and more mixing.

I personally like the clan splittage. While CAG is competitive, it's not as obsessive as I see the CAGtac guys being (I could be wrong, but that's my perception), and I think a lot of members have gotten better without CAGtac's best beating them into the ground.

Sure, there's some animosity, but I think everyone will grow up eventually. I don't see as much problem with people jumping ship as others do -- provided they do things the right way. Plus, there are some CAGtac guys who I don't have the best impression of, and I'm fine with not having to play with them.

Why not set up a poll about this, just to see what general concensus is?

I gotta agree with ViolentLee on this one. I too like the clans split even though I got nothing against the guys in CagTac. I just feel like everybody gets more playing time and different roles/opportunities now.

My first question about this topic is this, Why do you care what we do in your absence Girion? All I see by this topic is ass kissing towards CAGTacs. I have no problem running this clan and I am confident in my remaining staff members. Sure its hectic at times, but you get by. Know what, my first problem as the OL came just a few weeks ago. I neglected a clan member and he chose to leave the clan and is doing better with the group he is in right now.

I think the split was the best thing to happen to the clans. We (CAG) have given many people a chance to play, that other wise wouldn't have gotten the chance. Rabbitt is a prime example, now look at where he's at. Before the split, people like Cronnos and An Asian Crispy Donut Kid weren't given a chance. Now they are getting a chance to show themselves and doing quite well. Hell crispy is even one of the better snipers between the 2 clans. Not the best mind you, but top 5, IMHO.

So to say that a reunion would be better, is like saying the Red Sox and Yankees should kiss and make up; well not that big, but you get the picture. Its not going to happen any time in the near future.

And if you feel this is a personal attack on you girion, its not. All this is, is me putting my thoughts out there. I just find it funny that someone who hasn't and won't be playing with the clans for a while, would suggest something like this.

[quote name='craven_fiend']
I think the split was the best thing to happen to the clans. We (CAG) have given many people a chance to play, that other wise wouldn't have gotten the chance. Rabbitt is a prime example, now look at where he's at. Before the split, people like Cronnos and An Asian Crispy Donut Kid weren't given a chance. Now they are getting a chance to show themselves and doing quite well. Hell crispy is even one of the better snipers between the 2 clans. Not the best mind you, but top 5, IMHO. [/QUOTE]

Well said and I agree. :applause:

I like the split, and alot of CAGs would not enjoy the reunion, hence why there was a split in the first place. I enjoy most CAG players, albeit a few bad apples, and there would be huge questions of staff and team roles. Good idea, just the wrong group of people.

[quote name='Mr. Anderson']Don't you mean An Asian Bowl of Crispy Donut Rice Kids? ;)[/QUOTE]

LOL Now that was funny, good work fez.

But I say we make another clan. We make an uber L33T Haxasorous Rex clan! Yea yea that would be great!

In a way, having two clans kind of shows us in a civil war state. The clans really don't argue that much though. Sure, there is some competitive tension between the two, but that's to be expected.

You guys are the most intelligent people on the Internet (may not be saying much, but...), I'm sure you can work something out.

I think that, in theory, having two clans is best because, as stated before, it allows players, like myself, to be a factor in the matches of cag, instead of a bench warmer in cagtac. If the clans hadn't split, alot of people who are really getting better and showing there skills wouldnt' be getting as much playtime.

If the two clans could just cool it, everything would be fine.

[quote name='spyhunterk19']I think that, in theory, having two clans is best because, as stated before, it allows players, like myself, to be a factor in the matches of cag, instead of a bench warmer in cagtac. If the clans hadn't split, alot of people who are really getting better and showing there skills wouldnt' be getting as much playtime.

If the two clans could just cool it, everything would be fine.[/QUOTE]

Well said, by a seemingly intellegent new comer. Exactly what I was trying to say. All we need is just a little patience in this matter and we'll get past this garbage. :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

Also on another note, I respect you for standing up for Z2C Zero. You're a cool guy and you stand up for you lady(in reference to removing me from your friends list). :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

I just wish I could be as stand up a gentle man for my lady all the time.

i kinda feel in the middle between merging and staying split...i mean, it would be fun if we could all play together as one happy clan and stuff, but as many people have said already, the "not so elite" players wouldn't be able to "show what they got" as often as if we stay split...

did I mention anywhere that the not so great players would be bench warmers? I guess the part where I said screw rank the reunited clan would be for fun and you could play with people of your skill level was ignored. I'm saying get rid of the elite status altogether and play with who you want. I'm not advocating bench warming of any kind.

if you dont play with someone just because of their skill level and you arent willing to help them then IMO you're a whiny little bitch.

The split was one of those things that can't really be completely undone. We made the choice to do so, and there's no real way of turning back. We could try to fake it for a while and watch as the same tensions that led to the first split arise again; or, we could try to make the best of what we have now.

The first step in that direction would be for everyone to stop complaining on both sides.

CAG: quit assuming that every move that Tac makes is a direct challenge to you. Everything we say and do is immediately misconstrued by all of you as an attempt by Tac to undermine both your skill and authority. It's tiring and lame. I can understand that you guys feel you have something to prove. But it's very tiring to see a simple question like "Where is Shrike?" be misconstrued by some as a personal jab against Shrike or CAG.

Also, if you don't want uninvited visitors in your party, close it. This "I always ask before entering a room" rationale doesn't apply when there is an entire game setting for that (otherwise known as "Invite Only").

Tac: Leave CAG to their own personal business. We've asked the same of them in the past; here's our opurtunity to show that we aren't the hypocrites some believe us to be. If they lower someone's rank or kick them out, it's their clan and their call. It's really none of our business, and all the comments from the Peanut gallery really do make us look like assholes.

There.

[quote name='Ledhed']Tac: Leave CAG to their own personal business. We've asked the same of them in the past; here's our opurtunity to show that we aren't the hypocrites some believe us to be. If they lower someone's rank or kick them out, it's their clan and their call. It's really none of our business, and all the comments from the Peanut gallery really do make us look like assholes.

There.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure them making a big deal out of the zero2cute thing was because they tried to make a big deal out of the jlarlee thing. It was more as a taste of their own medicine. Me personally, I don't care what CAG does that doesn't involve me and I know most of the rest of CAGtac doesn't either. So as long as we leave each other to our own devices and show a little respect we should get through this fine. And if you don't want to be someone's friend, fuck then don't, but don't be an asshole either. Just act like we are co-workers. Would you cuss out your co-worker? No. Would you fake that you don't mind doing your job with them? Yes. Okay lets do that.

[quote name='zewone']I'm pretty sure them making a big deal out of the zero2cute thing was because they tried to make a big deal out of the jlarlee thing. It was more as a taste of their own medicine. Me personally, I don't care what CAG does that doesn't involve me and I know most of the rest of CAGtac doesn't either. So as long as we leave each other to our own devices and show a little respect we should get through this fine. And if you don't want to be someone's friend, fuck then don't, but don't be an asshole either. Just act like we are co-workers. Would you cuss out your co-worker? No. Would you fake that you don't mind doing your job with them? Yes. Okay lets do that.[/QUOTE]

A BIG part of what sparked the debate was the similarity to both the conditions on which jlarlee and Z2C were removed, and the reaction of the opposing clan.

First thing that happened when jlarlee was removed was that Shrike had to put in his 2 cents about it and tell Tac that he thought it was a dick move.

First thing that happened when Z2C was removed was several members of Tac had to put in their 2 cents and tell CAG that they thought it was a dick move.

Both clans are full of hypocrites and whiners who only support the ideals we've discussed when it most benefits their clan. If everyone would admit how shallow and hypocritical they've been and try to see that the clans really aren't that different, there might be a chance we could just end this stupid thing.

[quote name='Ledhed']If everyone would admit how shallow and hypocritical they've been and try to see that the clans really aren't that different, there might be a chance we could just end this stupid thing.[/QUOTE]

I have not been shallow or hypocritical :p ;)

[quote name='swetooth9']I have not been shallow or hypocritical :p ;)[/QUOTE]

I agree. I have no problems with anyone. Even though at one time it looked like I had problems with Scuba, I really didn't. I just want everyone to get along and to remember to get along.

[quote name='zewone']As we leave each other to our own devices and show a little respect we should get through this fine. And if you don't want to be someone's friend, fuck then don't, but don't be an asshole either. Just act like we are co-workers. Would you cuss out your co-worker? No. Would you fake that you don't mind doing your job with them? Yes. Okay lets do that.[/QUOTE]

If this clan had an ass, I would suggest that these statements be tattooed on it. Nicely put, zewone.

My issues are buried and done with, and as far as I am concerned this situation is null void. Those of you who know me well enough understand the reason for my involvement in the most recent of situations and perhaps my immediate animosity. I won't apologize for my actions or those of others whom voiced their opinions, some more bluntly than others (lookin at you murc :) ) because they are what they are opinions. I am glad to have good friends in CAGTac and friends in CAG whom messaged me with their support to my arguments over the situation. And although most may see this situation as being about one person it really isn't, more so of a series of unfortunate events that led up to a big bang. Keep playing, keep winning, take no prisoners, and Arikado, quit being an ass and score the f*cking flag. Peace

bread's done
Back