A, perhaps, odd request...

Malice

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
I'm looking for a 20 inch box fan for under 13 bucks. Preferably of the Lasko brand.

What is a box fan? Observe: http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/51AWVVXAVPL._AA280_.jpg that's what a box fan is. Do you guys know where online I might find one for under $13?

I can usually find them at K-Mart or Walmart for 12 bucks, but they seem to be out of stock right now. I need one because my current one is about to blow up. Any help would really be appreciated.

[quote name='Malice']I'm not looking for in-store right now.

Do you guys know where online I might find one for under $13?[/quote]

You are right, this is an "odd" request. Your fan is about to blow up, its still August, any one of a number of stores will have these for less than $13 and you won't have to ship it at B&M.

I'd try Walmart or maybe Sears. Both of those stores had tons B&M the last time I was there, but I don't shop for these type of things online. Also, since you are getting close to the end of the season, you may have some difficulty finding one online.

Good luck. May your apparent fear of the outside not be tested in your quest to obtain a fan :D.

TBW

[quote name='TheBlueWizard']
Good luck. May your apparent fear of the outside not be tested in your quest to obtain a fan :D.

TBW[/QUOTE]

That sounds like the beginnings of an adventure game to me..

You definitely won't get one for less than $13 shipped...shipping something that big will kill any deal you find.

Really, try B&M. This situation really doesn't suit online shopping.

While I doubt it's the case, there could be a unique situation hidden in here. For example, maybe his out-of-state elderly mother needs a box fan. She can't exactly drive to a store and Lord knows anyone over 30 can't use the internet. The best solution, then, would be to order one and have it shipped to her. See, maybe it's not such an odd request.

[quote name='nwaugh']While I doubt it's the case, there could be a unique situation hidden in here. For example, maybe his out-of-state elderly mother needs a box fan. She can't exactly drive to a store and Lord knows anyone over 30 can't use the internet. The best solution, then, would be to order one and have it shipped to her. See, maybe it's not such an odd request.[/QUOTE]

Except for the key part in which he says his box fan is about to crap... unless that was a tactic to lead us astray and your example is correct?

Let me get in the spirit of CAG first.

Dude, Lasko sucks... It comes with all the settings and features, I would rather pay $10 and not have the speed variation option. Why cant they just make it an add on? And the lack of online options and the fact that it overheats really sucks. I hope you dont have to put it in a cardboard "Coffin" in a few weeks and send it back, dumbass.

Lets not forget, that there's no good games coming out for it, till next year... so maybe you should wait till the hype dies down and buy it for $8 in the winter. You could get it used.

You should get a Ryobi. They're innovative and special. Not to mention asian. This one here Home Depot Runs off a 18volt battery, that is pure innovativion. I bet one day, you could pull some good breezes with this one. And its blue. Jeez, what more could you want.

Last time I got a Lasko, it came with a scratch on it too, I took it right back, and the other one had one in the upper left corner as well... WTF?

Hell, even a Honeywell would be better than a Lasko, idiot.

[quote name='Snake2715']Except for the key part in which he says his box fan is about to crap... unless that was a tactic to lead us astray and your example is correct?[/QUOTE]

There are two different things that could be happening here:

1. The OP is incredibly clever and subversive.
2. I'm an idiot who can't read.

[quote name='nwaugh']There are two different things that could be happening here:

1. The OP is incredibly clever and subversive.
2. I'm an idiot who can't read.[/QUOTE]

Holy shit? I swear it said something along the lines of mine is about to blow up... yet I see no "edit" happening...

I better go get some sleep, good catch.

And Mooky I cant believe Ryobi makes that fan.

lol, this thread turned into pure awesomeness.

The reason I'm looking for one online is because my car is in the shop. Luckily work is within walking distance, but Walmart is not. And the last time I checked Walmart(when I still had a car), they didn't have any. So online is my only option.

I guess I should of mentioned that in my first post. Still, some hilariousness came out of it though.

[quote name='Malice']lol, this thread turned into pure awesomeness.

The reason I'm looking for one online is because my car is in the shop. Luckily work is within walking distance, but Walmart is not. And the last time I checked Walmart(when I still had a car), they didn't have any. So online is my only option.

I guess I should of mentioned that in my first post. Still, some hilariousness came out of it though.[/QUOTE]

Any chance you can get to a Target? When I was there yesterday their entire line of fans (including box fans) were on clearance.

So we need to find you a store that has said box fan and DELIVERS...lemme think about it...

What do you have near you again?

I remember Dollar General had crappy prices on box fans, like $17 for low quality ones. Walgreens had decent quality ones for like $12-13 if I remember correctly.

bread's done
Back