A Question to the diehard FF13 Fans

Destromas

CAGiversary!
No, this isn't a troll post about why the PS3 version is superior because of the native resolutions and ports and crap. I don't care about that, and neither should anybody unless they own both systems and got screwed with the wrong one.

My question is, did anyone from North America buy the FF13 Collector's Edition from Europe because they simply had to have it? I am in Europe on holiday and I want to buy the FF13 Collector's Edition, but I don't know if they PAL version will work on my NTSC 360. So if it will work, I'll pick it up, if not, I can wait.

[quote name='flameofdoom666']The 360 is NOT region free.[/QUOTE]

No, but a handful of games on it are.

That said, I doubt the game in particular is.

There's also the matter of PAL and NTSC being different video standards. Even if the game is region-free, if it's in PAL only, then one would need a PAL-compatible TV to play the game on.

I've done a fair share of research on it. VG+ says that the North American release is compatible with both NTSC and PAL, but NOT with any Asian systems. Also, most PAL TVs can handle the 50-60Hz transition. Why are you guys nitpicking what I wrote? I've been playing games here in Europe just fine, thanks. That said, I'll only entertain useful information now.

[quote name='Draekon']No, but a handful of games on it are.

That said, I doubt the game in particular is.[/QUOTE]

plus its not like the 360 is storming with other region games like past consoles

[quote name='Draekon']No, but a handful of games on it are.

That said, I doubt the game in particular is.[/QUOTE]

Actually most Xbox 360 games are region free, aside from EA, Japanese game, and a few other. All Ubisoft, activision, and most MS games are region free.

[quote name='blueshinra']There's also the matter of PAL and NTSC being different video standards. Even if the game is region-free, if it's in PAL only, then one would need a PAL-compatible TV to play the game on.[/QUOTE]

PAL games been working just fine on NTSC system for a long time. Aside from PS2 I can play PAL xbox 360, ps3, dreamcast, Xbox, and gamecube game just fine on my NTSC TV.

[quote name='Destromas']I've done a fair share of research on it. VG+ says that the North American release is compatible with both NTSC and PAL, but NOT with any Asian systems. Also, most PAL TVs can handle the 50-60Hz transition. Why are you guys nitpicking what I wrote? I've been playing games here in Europe just fine, thanks. That said, I'll only entertain useful information now.[/QUOTE]
Okay...

Out of curiosity, I just took a look at FFXIII (360) sales listings at some UK retailers (Amazon UK, GAME, Play.com, and HMV), and there's nothing about either PAL or NTSC format in any of their item descriptions. I also couldn't find any video format info on the UK official site for the game. Your best bet might be to ask someone at a store.

[quote name='62t']PAL games been working just fine on NTSC system for a long time. Aside from PS2 I can play PAL xbox 360, ps3, dreamcast, Xbox, and gamecube game just fine on my NTSC TV.[/QUOTE]
Good to know. I know it has been an issue in the past with systems older than the ones you mentioned, and thought that was still the case.

bread's done
Back