A quick question about DLC codes

platinumsoldier

CAGiversary!
Feedback
143 (99%)
Can I input a DLC code just to see if it works then cancel out and then give it to somebody else? Will the code still work for the person I give it to even though I entered the code in but I didn't download it?

No... because to test the code you have to redeem it..... Unless you are just going to test it and then give them your account.....

I just did a test with a 48 hour code and when I put it in there's a screen that says Redeem Now or Cancel. If I just hit cancel, can't somebody else still use the code?

[quote name='platinumsoldier']Can I input a DLC code just to see if it works then cancel out and then give it to somebody else? Will the code still work for the person I give it to even though I entered the code in but I didn't download it?[/QUOTE]

Yes and yes. Just make sure you do it on the xbox. I think (but am not 100% sure) that if you put the code on at xbox.com it will automatically redeem itself.

[quote name='jirotokio']No... because to test the code you have to redeem it..... Unless you are just going to test it and then give them your account.....[/QUOTE]

STFU

[quote name='platinumsoldier']I just did a test with a 48 hour code and when I put it in there's a screen that says Redeem Now or Cancel. If I just hit cancel, can't somebody else still use the code?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

/thread

yea its true, its fine if you do it on the xbox and I have done it on xbox.com- it does auto redeem

bread's done
Back