A quick question about shipping items

platinumsoldier

CAGiversary!
Feedback
143 (99%)
Hello, I am about to do my first shipping trade here on CAG. My friend said that if you use your own box to ship items, it will be cheaper to ship via UPS, FedEx, etc. I was wondering is this true?

If you're shipping it air (overnight/2-day), they provide you with some box options at no cost other than the very high rate. If you're shipping it ground, you'll need to either BYOB or pay for one when you get there.

If you're shipping something other than a game that's rather heavy/bulky, try FedEx ground and bring it already packed in your own box, you'll more than likely get the best rate there.

Technically, though, your friend is wrong. It won't be cheaper to ship, you just won't have to pay for a box when you get there, and if it's not packed up, they can charge you for packing it as well.

Oh ok, I'm shipping a Mirror's Edge Runner's Bag and a copy of Vandal Hearts (PS1). It takes up a little more space so what would be the cheapest way to ship the items? (I already have a box with bubble wrap already)

[quote name='platinumsoldier']Oh ok, I'm shipping a Mirror's Edge Runner's Bag and a copy of Vandal Hearts (PS1). It takes up a little more space so what would be the cheapest way to ship the items? (I already have a box with bubble wrap already)[/QUOTE]

I would try usps priority with DC. Its fast and should be fairly cheap.

Probably just over 1lb - wrap the game in bubble wrap, tuck it safely inside the bag, and put it in one of those lightweight Priority Tyvek envelopes. If it's under 1lb, it's $5 - if it's over, it's probably no more than $9 depending on where it's going.

worst it would be to ship that is for a medium priority flat rate box. ~$10
Not sure about that bag but the game is 5-6oz. Should be around a pound. Also if you have paypal use their shipping tool it is cheaper than going to the post office. Bottom line is that those 2 items will be cheapest and least hassle with USPS.

bread's done
Back