A Reason Why Third Party Publishers Are Abandoning the Cube

[quote name='Pylis']Coffee, you neglected to answer my question. How is the X-Box, Rockstar, or Microsoft declining gaming for the "true gamers," then?

Edit: I've been playing video games since the damned Atari 2600 (and I was born in 1985!), I have all three current consoles, and the X-Box is my favorite of the three, simply because I feel it is the best overall product for one's money. Does this make me not a true gamer, but some easily impressed moron who likes shiny explosions?[/quote]

This isnt my fight but that doesnt make sense most of us gamers were playing Nes in 1985 maybe you had played the 2600 but it was after its glory days and didnt have as big of an impression on you as it did when it was new and fresh.

Rockstar is in serious trouble and after this last GTA I have a feeling they will not be around for to terribly long if they dont get another franchise off the ground. There are already talks of its problems internally and financially since manhunts poor sales. GTA is not that great for someone like myself, and obviously others it gets old to quick... I will leave it at that.

Microsoft once in the lead (if that happens) will decline the way things run. An example would be what they did with Sierra. Its gone and for the last many years produced a bunch of crap from its golden years, before it was bought out. They will continue to turn gaming into a bunch of crap, overhyped titles.

Xbox is destined to be the next PC its Microsofts way of turning all the people that strayed from PC's back to Microsoft.

Well Before I start great topic.

But I believe that Nintendo can fare well in third. It is very much like the newtork wars with NBC or CBS interchanging between 1st and 2nd while ABC has been strong most of the time in 3rd. The console wars will continue to change.

As to the DS, I see it as a huge blockbuster for Nintendo. I believe that many publishers and devoloper will jump on its bandwagon on develop for it. The only issue that may come from the DS is that since it is the first of its kind, being with dual screens publishers and developers may not know how to make games for it or to make something original on it. the GBA cartridge slot is an excellent idea. Think of all of the game players that did not upgrade to an SP because they didn't have enough money. With this new machine though, they can play all of their gameboy games (some classics and other titles going back more than 10 years) while still having the ability to be with the new generation of gaming that will be on the DS. It's basically the best of both worlds.

The PSP on the other hand is basically taking from Nintendo's model of making a portable system that has great power for when it comes out, but will primarily have tons of ports. Their is nothing innovative from this machine. the only reason other 3rd party developers might join this system is that the general mass public knows the SOny brand name and may have their other console (PS2 or PS1) and feel that they trust them.

I don't think that developers will want to develop for this system. Their is nothing innovative about it. If change doesn't come fast and soon to the gaming world, than it may have another crash. Look at how many games are ports or rehashes or just basically the same thing but with a few changes (i.e. lots of FPSes). Developers, IMO, feel that they want some change. Things are getting from their perspectives a little boring and that is what the DS might have.

P.S. the dual screens are just pure genious for a hand held. they take out a lot of the issues associated with going 3d on a small screen.

Yeah, the dual screens are extremely innovative as far as a handheld goes.

But really, back to the subject at hand, I only see Nintendo getting weaker in the future. And I really like Nintendo. The reason I see this happening to Nintendo is because they are losing lots of support from third party games. Oh, sure, they all have GBA connectivity. How many of you honestly will go out and buy the GBA connector stuff because maybe you can unlock some silly things? Not too many of you.

IMO, PS2 and Xbox are better buys because they make jumps into technology. You cannot diss a system because it has crappy games; it's not the Sony or MS who makes all of their system's games. It is third party game companies who make the majority of a system's games. Also, Nintendo refuses to do anything online with the GCN. That's not good, the online features in game consoles are going to be more important in the future.

My first post! Yay!

To respond to Snake, well, I don't think this is really a fight, I'm just against blindly bashing the X-Box (or any other system that isn't Nintendo) and saying that it's declining gaming without proof or evidence. Anyway, I played the NES WAY more than I played the 2600, I only mentioned the system to emphasize my love of gaming and that I've been doing this stuff for years. Might Microsoft let everything go to shit? Maybe, but you don't really know that that's the case. Microsoft's first party games have been spectacular, they put out high-powered machines that give game developers more freedom, and if they ever did take the front of the pack, they'd have third-party support releasing quality products. There is nothing wrong with Microsoft getting involved in gaming. I don't love Microsoft or anything, I just don't want to join the ultra-super cool treehouse club of people who like to bash the X-Box just because it's M$.

Oh, and if Microsoft just puts out a ton of shitty games when (or if, rather) they take the lead, nobody will buy their stuff. It's that simple.

Rockstar on the decline? Red Dead Revolver was rescued from the scrap heap and was the number one selling game the month it was released. Manhunt was no GTA in sales but any publisher not named EA would have LOVED to have had its numbers. It did do well.

They had problems with disclosure and their financial situation was in overstating income. That's a stockholder issue, that's not a day to day keep the lights on and make the bills type issue. Not only that but you forget their other incredibly solid franchise, Midnight Club. MCII just recently dropped to $19.99 after nearly a year at full price, that says something. Not only that the next one looks to give NFS:U a more than serious run for its money.

Rockstar is growing and growing huge. They're in no danger of peaking or cratering.

[quote name='ZombieOnCrack']

IMO, PS2 and Xbox are better buys because they make jumps into technology. You cannot diss a system because it has crappy games; it's not the Sony or MS who makes all of their system's games. It is third party game companies who make the majority of a system's games. Also, Nintendo refuses to do anything online with the GCN. That's not good, the online features in game consoles are going to be more important in the future.

My first post! Yay![/quote]

The PS2 and XBox didn't really pioneer any new technology unless you consider the ability to play DVDs a jump in technology. The Dreamcast was the first system that brought online into the console mix. And technically, the PS2 is less powerful than the Gamecube which was the point that I was trying to make in the original post. This drags down the quality of third party Gamecube ports because they are always based off of the PS2 version and very rarely make use of the Gamecube's power. If third parties really concentrated on making use of the tools available on the Gamecube, I think that we would be able to see more games like Capcom's Resident Evil and Resident Evil 0 that are some of the best eye-candy available today. They may not match the XBox at its best but they are still impressive.

Welcome to cheapassgamer.com by the way.

bread's done
Back