A Tribe Called Quest Movie

MidnightMarauder74

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
What's up CAGs who happen to be Tribe fans! The documentary about one of the most influential hip hop groups is releasing this week in LA and NY. For those in the LA area, I'll be heading out to the movie release party at The Exchange in downtown LA tonight. DJ sets by Phife, Prince Paul, MadLib, Garth Trinidad of KCRW, etc. Can't wait! Maybe we should have an L.A. CAG meet-up at the party tonight! LOL

[quote name='MidnightMarauder74']What's up CAGs who happen to be Tribe fans! The documentary about one of the most influential hip hop groups is releasing this week in LA and NY. For those in the LA area, I'll be heading out to the movie release party at The Exchange in downtown LA tonight. DJ sets by Phife, Prince Paul, MadLib, Garth Trinidad of KCRW, etc. Can't wait! Maybe we should have an L.A. CAG meet-up at the party tonight! LOL[/QUOTE]

Sounds sick. Wish I lived in L.A. I'm sure I'll end up having to wait until it hits Netflix to see it.

[quote name='pacifickarma']Directed by Michael Rapaport, right?[/QUOTE]

Yup, that's right. Hardest thing for me to decide is which Tribe shirt to wear tonight! LOL

[quote name='yesiamaplant']Sounds sick. Wish I lived in L.A. I'm sure I'll end up having to wait until it hits Netflix to see it.[/QUOTE]

Do you live near a big city? I'm sure the movie will show up at an independent theater so you may not have to wait until it hits Netflix.

Great news. I had heard a while back that Q-Tip and crew were not happy about it and had it squashed. Glad to hear it will see the light of day. Now I gotta wait for Netflix to get it. Always a big fan of the tribe.

Be sure to post a review!

I wish I was close enough to see this! Let me know how it is OP! I remember Q-Tip had MAJOR issues with this being produced by him.

I saw a review for this last week on Roger Ebert's show. They all gave it thumbs up. I'm really interested in seeing this one as well.

[quote name='DestroVega']OP, please post back if Madlib says ANYTHING about Madvillain 2. it's taking forever.[/QUOTE]

Madlib didn't say anything about Madvillain 2. He did a set for about 45 minutes - tribute to Tribe as well as Jay Dilla!

It's good to see fellow CAGs who are also Tribe fans! Was at the show from about 10 pm - 2:30 am. Unfortunately, the entire movie was not shown - only snippets here and there. Michael Rappaport did introduce members of the production crew who worked on the movie and encouraged everyone to check out the movie. Garth Trinidad was on for about an hour followed up by Peanut Butter Wolf - just mixing Tribe hits as well as hip hop anthems from the 80s and 90s. Then the crowd went nuts when Madlib came on stage. Nuff said! Phife came out around midnight and performed Tribe classics live for about 30 minutes. He was winded but it was good to see him on stage despite his chronic health problems. He did complain that it would've been much easier if the entire crew was on stage with him. I thought it was going to be an impromptu reunion but it never materialized. Nevertheless, Phife rocked the house, especially when he performed "Scenario." Lastly, Prince Paul finished off the night with a VJ set of all the classic hip hop videos - brought by so many memories - it was like watching Yo MTV Raps live with hundreds of other people who knew every video, every word to the song. Great times! Now I really need to see the movie! So far it has gotten good reviews so I don't think I'll be disappointed. You on point, CAGs?

bread's done
Back