A Up/Monsters Inc Blu-Ray buying guide

This thread will be useful to you if you plan on purchasing Up and Monsters Inc together on Blu-Ray.

PRICES

Amazon
Up - $19.99
Monsters Inc - $22.99

Best Buy
Up - $23.99 (ad) / $19.99 (website)
Monsters Inc - $18.99 if purchased with Up (reg. $28.99)

Target
Up - $26.99 (includes free exclusive journal)
Monsters Inc - $26.99

COUPONS

General
$8 off Monsters Inc (printable/B&M use only). You need an account at Disney Movie Rewards (free signup). Once logged in to your account, click "My Account" at the top of the page and then type 786936164886 where it says "Enter Code." This is a manufacturer's coupon and you should be able to use it at any B&M store.

$10 off Up (printable/B&M use only).

Amazon
$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together. Discount is automatically applied when both items are added to your cart.

Target
$10 off when you purchase Up and Monsters Inc together (printable/B&M use only). Click this link and go to page 3 - it'll be the third coupon there.

DEALS (ranked in terms of lowest price before sales tax)

#1 - Target
-Pricematch the Best Buy ad price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($23.99 + $18.99 = $42.98)
-Apply the Target coupon and the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($42.98 - $10 - $8 -$10)
Total = $14.98

#2 - Best Buy
-Pricematch the bestbuy.com price for Up, pay the BB special price for Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $18.99 = $38.95)
-Apply the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($38.98 - $8 -$10)
-Total = $20.98

#3 - Target
-Pay the regular Target price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($26.99 + $26.99 = $53.98)
-Apply the Target coupon and the Monsters Inc/Up coupons
-($53.98 - $10 - $8 -$10)
Total = $25.98

#4 - Amazon
-Pay the regular Amazon price for both Up and Monsters Inc
-($19.99 + $22.99 = $42.98)
-The Amazon coupon will automatically be applied
-($42.98 - $10)
Total = $32.98

NOTES

-Any deal that includes price-matching is obviously YMMV. Depending on what store you go to they might be prickly about a deal that involves both coupons AND pricematching. I know that the Target I shop at will allow me to do deal #1, but other people will have various success. IT'S UP TO YOU to decide whether it's worth venturing out to your local Target/Best Buy to see if you can successfully get deals 1-2, or whether you don't mind spending extra money for the convenience of Amazon.

-If you do deal #1, you will need a physical copy of the weekly ad from Best Buy showing that store's prices in order to pricematch. These ads can probably be found in your Sunday newspaper.

-I did not include any Amazon deals that involve the "Snow White Thanks" promo as that is exclusive to a select few people.

-I did not include any deals at Wal-Mart as their B&M prices for Up and Monsters Inc are still unknown.

-I did not include any deals from Toys R Us because, well, they don't have any good deals. This thread is about the best out of pocket prices.

-I did not include any deals with a $10 Disney manufacturer's coupon for Up because it is still unknown whether that coupon actually exists.

-YES, TARGET DOES PRICEMATCH

ADDITIONAL REBATES

-$4 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Ronzoni products.

-$5 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Kernel products.

-$5 MIR for purchasing Up + qualifying Birds Eye products.

-$10 OFF at Amazon when you purchase Up and a second qualifying Blu-Ray.

If you know of any more, please post them here so I can add them.

If you see any errors or have anything else to add, please feel free to let me know.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nekobi']Argh! Does anyone have a scan of the $10 off up coupon? I've been having printer issues so it seems to think I already printed it the number of times allowed but I actually haven't gotten a single one. ;_;[/QUOTE]

Each coupon is unique so it wouldn't be possible. I would try deleting your cookies, if that doesn't work then download a tool to disguise your ip.

Where can I exactly find this Monsters Inc peeler coupon. Is it inside the package? I was at Walmart earlier, and I can't figure it out LOL sorry.

All Targets still OOS in Orlando, and my local Best Buy is now OOS on Monsters Inc, jeez. Maybe tomorrow.

I went to the one off Maguire and 50 earlier today which is the store closest to me. They had 3 Monster's Inc left after I took one. Their UP was marked at $19.99 so I didn't need to price match that, only the MI from the Best Buy ad which they accepted no problem. Also since it was a restock, MI did not have that extra coupon certain people have been finding. The only annoying part for me was that my MI coupon printed incorrectly so I had to drive back home to print another copy, but in the end I only paid $12.68 so I'm happy. :)

[quote name='Pr0JectNymPh0!']Where can I exactly find this Monsters Inc peeler coupon. Is it inside the package? I was at Walmart earlier, and I can't figure it out LOL sorry.[/QUOTE]

It is a small ~1.5"x1.5" square on the bottom right of the Monster's Inc. :br: slipcase, on the outside of the package.

[quote name='koji126']Each coupon is unique so it wouldn't be possible. I would try deleting your cookies, if that doesn't work then download a tool to disguise your ip.[/QUOTE]
I tried both of those with no luck already so I just gave in and printed it on another computer. Thanks for the tips though.

[quote name='manthing']It is a small ~1.5"x1.5" square on the bottom right of the Monster's Inc. :br: slipcase, on the outside of the package.[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I'll try to look again later. Hope it had it and I just missed it.

Also on amazon, are they going to ban my account if I return the 2 blus? I already made 1 return last week and I only have like 7 orders this year.

[quote name='manthing']It is a small ~1.5"x1.5" square on the bottom right of the Monster's Inc. :br: slipcase, on the outside of the package.[/QUOTE]

Wait, there is a slipcase? Mine didn't have a slipcase. It was also in one of those clamshell protective cases. If I am supposed to get a slipcase I am going to be pissed.

[quote name='jacknicklson']Definitely a slipcase. I know because I was amazed at how high quality the package felt, slipcase included[/QUOTE]

Sons of bitches took off the slipcase???

[quote name='trabbahabba']Sons of bitches took off the slipcase???[/QUOTE]

No wonder I didn't see the $10 sticky coupon! No slipcase with my MI. It was in the security shell. I got the last one too!

Dont know if i got the best deal but I gotta be close. Target price match best buy for monsters for 18.99 and up was 19.99 on sale.

+19.99
=38.99
-10.00 target coupon
-10.00 up coupon
-8.00 monsters coupon
= 10.98
+ 1.03 tax
= 13.01

Thank you so much op. Pleasantly surprised. Monsters looked great on dvd can't wait to see blu quality...

[quote name='trabbahabba']Sons of bitches took off the slipcase???[/QUOTE]

I got this deal today... MI was in a keeper with no slipcase and no coupon, asked at the electronics register if they had the slipcase and they had them behind the counter. After all 4 of the coupons I paid $4 and change for UP, MI and a vitiman water out the door.

Finally found a Target that had both Monsters Inc and Up in stock. The "Find it in a Target store" feature of their website is handy. Up was already marked down to $19.99 (lower than their circular ad) so I only needed to price match Monsters Inc. The customer service guy gave the ad and the discs a pretty good look but matched it without any problems. When I handed him the coupons he looked them over and just said "Score!". Walked out with both for $13.23...saved $51 according to my receipt.

[quote name='fuss']I got this deal today... MI was in a keeper with no slipcase and no coupon, asked at the electronics register if they had the slipcase and they had them behind the counter. After all 4 of the coupons I paid $4 and change for UP, MI and a vitiman water out the door.[/QUOTE]

Hmm, sounds like I need to stop by there and get my slipcase!! If its got the coupon I am getting a price adjustment.

[quote name='mcdaking84']I had a slipcase but no sticker. anyone know why?[/QUOTE]

I went to a different Target today and they had them with slipcases, but no peelie. Perhaps a limited run of the coupon?

[quote name='mcdaking84']I had a slipcase but no sticker. anyone know why?[/QUOTE]

Was there a piece of clear tape/sticky plastic on the bottom right corner of the slipcase? If so, someone got to the coupon before you.

There isn't a coupon on every copy of Monster's, Inc.

I just came back from a Target. They would not let me use both the Target coupon and Manufacturer's coupon. The guy said that the coupon states that it may not be combined with any other coupon. It doesn't say that anywhere on the coupon. Just limit one coupon per item which I assume it's not more than one Manufacturer's coupon for each item.

EDIT: Read where it says may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. I don't like CS reps that read the fine print. Also the Monster's Inc didn't have the $10 off peel.

Ended up paying ~$22 for MI, Up and some Tic Tacs. Unfortunately I couldn't get the coupon on the slipcover to work and the manager was cool but since the computer wasn't accepting it she wouldn't allow me to use it. I saw some other posts in which people combined gum or drinks to get the coupon to work so I have no idea why it didn't ring up. I may try the customer service route like someone else did to see if they knock off the other $10.

Anyone have any tips on what to combine with the two blu's to get all of the coupons to work?

[quote name='Pookymeister']went back to target with my receipt and monsters peel-off and got my $10 back retroactively(x 2 sets)[/QUOTE]

You didn't have to take the Blu's back with you to get the adjustment?

[quote name='manthing']No, but if your :br: player is connected to the internet, they're gonna give it a STD[/QUOTE]
It's actually a serious question, Amazon bans people who abuse returns.

[quote name='Spruchy']It's actually a serious question, Amazon bans people who abuse returns.[/QUOTE]

I don't think returning two orders is considered abuse, but that's just me

Well my deal wasn't as good as it could have been as there was no peelie coupon on the Monsters, Inc. slipcase. (I'm guessing maybe it was a first shipment only thing?) But still, $12.98 for two Blu-Ray movies I can handle.

targetcoupon.jpg

[quote name='eau']Some stores seem to ditch the slipcover because it won't fit in those anti-theft cases.[/QUOTE]

Mine was in the anti-theft case with the slipcase. I assumed they are removing the slipcase because it has the coupon peelie on the front of it, but who knows

Huh. This is the first time I've taken a good look at the Disney Movie Rewards site.

You can get points for seeing movies in theatres? That seems like more trouble than it's worth.

I wonder if I still have my Ponyo ticket around...

Edit: Looking through my disney dvds I've bought in the last year....I must have thrown out the paperwork that was in the Wall-E DVD. Arg.

[quote name='Tyga24']You didn't have to take the Blu's back with you to get the adjustment?[/QUOTE]

Nope. Scanned receipt, scanned coupon, gave me $10 cash(paid with credit card)

No peelie on the slipcover, but I got everything else at Target. UP was already 19.99 (came with that free journal too), as others have noted, so I got that and they lowered Monster's Inc to 18.99 via price match for me. Did the two manufacture's coupons, then immediately after, sashayed (no I really just walked) my way to Guest Service and had them apply the ten dollar Target coupon. Got everything for 14.XX, which is great. I'm a little irked because they didn't give me the .80 cents tax from what the coupon would have saved me, and plus I'm pretty sure they charged me tax on the full, original price of both movies. Still, for 7.50 a pop, I'm happy.

EDIT: Yeah, just to reiterate what Pooky is saying, you don't need to return the item or bring it with you or anything for the coupon to be refunded. The Target POS actually has an option for "Missed coupon" or something along those lines and they just scan the receipt and give you cash (although skimping out on the sales tax you paid because of that extra 10.00 you originally spent)

I sent e-mails to Amazon attempting to get them to honor the Disney Rewards coupons, but received the responses stating they do not accept manufacturer's coupons.

One response I got explained to me that they do not accept food stamps, and then listed the credits cards which were acceptable forms of payment for groceries. What that had to do with Monster's Inc. bluray, is well beyond me.

[quote name='koji126']I just came back from a Target. They would not let me use both the Target coupon and Manufacturer's coupon. The guy said that the coupon states that it may not be combined with any other coupon. It doesn't say that anywhere on the coupon. Just limit one coupon per item which I assume it's not more than one Manufacturer's coupon for each item.

EDIT: Read where it says may not be used in conjunction with any other offer. I don't like CS reps that read the fine print. Also the Monster's Inc didn't have the $10 off peel.[/QUOTE]

But if you go to and find Target's coupon policy it clearly states that you can use both the manuf. coupon and the target coupon. There are even other websites that have pdf's of emails from Target customer service that show that you can use both and price match.

You should find one of those emails (or email yourself) and go get back the money they owe you.

fuck yes.

Just got 18 eggs, a tub of sour cream, Monsters, Inc. :br: and Up :br: for $14.

Didn't have a BB ad for the PM, but $12 for 2 new release :br:s during release week is good enough for me.

I got them for 26.99 + 19.99 - $28 in coupons, so 20.11 after tax. Not too bad, but they would absolutely not pricematch best buy. The customer service guy said they don't match bundle pricing, and pointed to the pricematch sign that said no bundles. He also said that this isn't the first time he's dealt with that question today, so I figured if he didn't give it to others, no use in fighting. Anyways, 10 bucks each is pretty good for new movies.

[quote name='DS-Row']But if you go to and find Target's coupon policy it clearly states that you can use both the manuf. coupon and the target coupon. There are even other websites that have pdf's of emails from Target customer service that show that you can use both and price match.

You should find one of those emails (or email yourself) and go get back the money they owe you.[/QUOTE]

I didn't buy it, I just left. I may try again next time at another place.

And I'm having a bit of difficulty figuring out who to email. A little help would be appreciated.

Success finally! I got mine for 8.98 from amazon.com. I sent them an email after ordering regarding the $10 manufacturer's coupon for Up and $8 coupon for MI (I just edited the same email in the thread, I think from Shrike). They honored it and my invoice looks like the one below. Thanks CAG. Walmart was a pain in the ass earlier, they cannot apply the BB Monsters Inc pricematch and $8 manufaturer's coupon at the same time. They also didn't have the peelie discount (probably it was only included in the first batches of stock).

Up (4 Disc Combo Pack with Digital Copy and DVD) [Blu-ray] $19.99
Monsters, Inc. (4-Disc Edition) [Blu-ray] $21.99

Item(s) Subtotal: $41.98
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Promotion Applied: -$15.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $26.98
Sales tax: $0.00
-----
Total for this Shipment: $26.98

Refund Amount: $18.00

I went to Target this morning when it opened and they finally got more copies of MI in (just 1). So I bring both Up and MI up w/ all the coupons. She scans the sticky coupon on MI first, then the Up one, then the -$8 for MI one, which didn't work since she rang up the -$10 sticky already, then the -$10 Target web coupon last.

In my excitement, I left but didn't notice that the -$10 Target web coupon wasn't registered. She told me about the -$8 not working, gave it back, but didn't say anything about the -$10 web coupon not working, which she DIDN'T give back.

Now, could it just be that it got rejected like the MI coupon? Maybe their system was "fixed" so that they don't stack anymore?

All in all, ~$10 per Blu isn't bad but I was expecting a bigger savings. Anyone got any ideas on what happened? :cry:

EDIT: Nevermind! It looks like it dropped the price of MI by $10 automatically w/o showing the deduction on the receipt like the rest of the items. So the web coupon did register. I was just thrown off by everyone else getting the whole deal for a few bucks and I didn't know the price of MI off the top of my head.

BTW, This is the reply that I got when I sent the email to amazon re: manufacturer's coupons.

Hello,

I have checked into the promotional offer on the manufacturer's website. While Amazon.com is an authorized dealer, we are not a participating dealer for this particular promotion.

Your business is important to us, I've made an exception to our standard policy. I've requested a refund of $18.00 to your Visa card. You'll see the refund in the next 2-3 business days.

Once processed, you'll be able to see the refund here:

https://www.amazon.com/gp/css/summary.......

I hope this solution works for you. We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Two blu-rays for 0.98. I showed all my coupons at the beginning and asked if I could use them all.
My Target price matched Monsters, Inc. @ $18.99 and then allowed the use of all four coupons even though the gal told me she did not think she was supposed to.

Hey Pr0Ject, thanks for the advice.

I got an extra $8 off my order of UP+MI+Cars, bringing my order down to $25.47!

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Manthing, did you get the 12 dollar price by having a peelie sticker?[/QUOTE]

Yes.

Here's how it went:

Monsters, Inc.: $26.99
+Up: $19.99
=$46.98

Then the following coupons were taken off:

Target.com Combo coupon: -$10(Changing MI to $16.99 for taxing)
+Peelie Combo coupon from MI slipcase: -$10
+Up Disney coupon: -$10
+MI Disney coupon: -$8
=-$38

So the final price ended up being $8.98 after coupons pre tax. The price after taxes was $11.80, as I was taxed on $37 instead of the $9 final prices.

My local Target STILL has not restocked Monsters Inc. Since Tuesday when it was released and they had a small stock of THREE. I have called and visited multiple times a day since Tuesday and they are STILL out of stock. I fear my time is running out and I may lose on this extremely awesome deal.

Anyone wanna help me out?

Did they have to manually enter the -$8 off MI coupon for you? When the cashier scanned my coupon, it popped on the screen that a coupon was already applied for that item (the -$10 sticky one).

bread's done
Back