A "well-earned advantage" for Dark Souls

Captain Urahara

CAGiversary!
Feedback
47 (100%)
- Visit www.preparetodie.com to earn a "well-earned advantage" for Dark Souls on PS3/Xbox 360

- After the Age Gate, you will be taken to a screen where a knight stands in the middle with a wall to his left and right. On this wall are symbols(these may be hard to see). There are 30 altogether. The goal is to click them all in order until all are lit up. Three wrong guesses and you are locked out until the next day.

- Once all thirty are lit up in correct order you will be asked to enter your email, and then asked to confirm that the email is correct. They will immediately email you a numerical key(reports of 23, 24, 25, and 26 digit keys) under the title "Dark Souls awards you the Key to your Future".

Q: What does this key do?
A: It will unlock some type of reward in Dark Souls. The reward is unknown as of right now.

Q: Does the number of digits correspond to different rewards?
A: Although it's unlikely, we don't know as of yet. Considering there are now four different digit variations I think it's unlikely that they are different rewards and that it is one universal reward regardless of how many digits are in your key.

Q: How many times will I be able to use this key?
A: The key can only be used one time, so hang on to it as they aren't useable yet.

Q: Can I get multiple keys?
A: Yes. You can get multiple keys on the same email.

Q: Can I redeem multiple keys?
A: Unknown. As they aren't useable yet we don't know if one person can redeem multiple keys. It is unlikely, but unconfirmed.

Q: I find this too difficult/frustrating! Is there an easier way?
A: While not encouraged, there are workarounds. A quick and easy solution can be located in Hestar's post, located right below this one.

Q: Can we trade these in designated trade threads/drop them in designated drop threads?
A: No and no. These aren't designated to just one console. They will at some point be used to automatically receive content, or generate console-specific codes, but as of right now they can't be traded/dropped.

:D Don't forget that pre-ordering Dark Souls gets you a free upgrade to the Collector's Edition! This may vary by store/chain so be sure to check before pre-ordering!

Last edited by a moderator:
there's actually a way to get it easily..put in your bday or a fake one and when your at the main page put " javascript:var n = function() {setInterval(mg.hint, 2000)}; n() " minus the " " in your address bar and hit enter..Now only the ones u need to click will light up..Do that for all 30 of them and you'll get your code....

I don't take any credit for the script, just passing it along so you guys can get the code aswell :)

the 1st time i tried it they only sent me a 24 digit key so i tried it again and got a 25 digit key luckly

[quote name='BreakSD']the 1st time i tried it they only sent me a 24 digit key so i tried it again and got a 25 digit key luckly[/QUOTE]
I actually meant to say that they will send you a 24 or 25 digit key, which doesn't seem to make a difference so far. Edited the OP.

Hahaha, I actually used Cheat Engine to give me unlimited tries, but the method Hestar posted is way better.

Also, if anyone wants to do it the hard way but in one sitting, you can delete the cookie named "_d8i" (from the ".preparetodie.com" website) and reload the page to get another set of attempts.

I cant get this to work. Putting in the javascript stuff and pressing enter just takes me to google. Ive tried it in every browser.

[quote name='Hestar']there's actually a way to get it easily..put in your bday or a fake one and when your at the main page put " javascript:var n = function() {setInterval(mg.hint, 2000)}; n() " minus the " " in your address bar and hit enter..Now only the ones u need to click will light up..Do that for all 30 of them and you'll get your code....

I don't take any credit for the script, just passing it along so you guys can get the code aswell :)[/QUOTE]

Thanks, I use Chrome and that script worked for me.

[quote name='genfuyung']I cant get this to work. Putting in the javascript stuff and pressing enter just takes me to google. Ive tried it in every browser.[/QUOTE]

Did you really pay attention? Im not trying to offend you or anything, but when I tested it I thought the same thing. However upon waiting it slightly glows and is unamazing enough to go unnoticed. It also doesn't glow as much as flickers.

[quote name='warpedsoul']I'm curious as to what the advantage is. Anyone have a clue?[/QUOTE]
No clue so far. I've heard a few rumors of possibly some weapons/armor/items/souls(currency) and such, but also a rumor that it's an A.I. teammate that will aid you in battle. I highly doubt that it's an A.I. teammate, but we'll have to wait and see.

[quote name='Chemosh013']I did it and it just gave me a 26 digit code[/QUOTE]
Updated the OP. Looks like you can get a 24, 25, or 26 digit key. I don't know if these will correspond to different advantages(like one will give weapons, one will give armor, etc.) but we'll find out eventually.

[quote name='GenPirate']Does anyone know if they limit how many keys you can redeem? If they don't I will grab the keys I don't have.[/QUOTE]
I believe it's only 1 per email though I haven't tried to get 2 on the same email yet. I've grabbed 2 so far(1 on each email). One is 24 digit and the other is a 25 digit. Maybe I'll try on another of my emails to get 26 digit just in case there is a difference in what they provide. If there is no difference, then I'll have some keys to hand out to friends/CAG :D

awesome. So if there are 24-25-26 digit codes, that means you can do it multiple times?

that tool was awesome. how would ANYONE figure how to do it properly

[quote name='Darklurkr23']awesome. So if there are 24-25-26 digit codes, that means you can do it multiple times?[/QUOTE]
Yes, you can do it multiple times. I have 6 codes so far. One is a 24 digit, the other five are 25 digits.

The question is if the 24-25-26 difference will pertain to different rewards. My thoughts point towards "No", but I'm gathering some codes anyway. I'll then be able to give them to friends and hand them out on CAG when Dark Souls is released, or at least closer to release.

EDIT: Cleaned up the OP. Looks much better and much more clear in my opinion.

Last edited by a moderator:
You know speaking of which, Amazonsays this comes out 12/31/2011 why Gamestop says 10/11/2011. Which one is it.

And on Wal-Mart's they don't even say anything about the auto-collectors addition! I have some wal-mart cash so I want to reserve it there, but not if they don't auto-upgrade!

[quote name='Darklurkr23']You know speaking of which, Amazonsays this comes out 12/31/2011 why Gamestop says 10/11/2011. Which one is it.

And on Wal-Mart's they don't even say anything about the auto-collectors addition! I have some wal-mart cash so I want to reserve it there, but not if they don't auto-upgrade![/QUOTE]

12/31/2011 means its expected to come out this year, but a firm date does not exist (from my exp)

[quote name='Darklurkr23']You know speaking of which, Amazonsays this comes out 12/31/2011 why Gamestop says 10/11/2011. Which one is it.

And on Wal-Mart's they don't even say anything about the auto-collectors addition! I have some wal-mart cash so I want to reserve it there, but not if they don't auto-upgrade![/QUOTE]
Amazon just hasn't updated the date yet. Gamestop is correct-ish. It's expected in October 2011.

WalMart may not even be doing the auto-collector's edition upgrade because they are greedy when it comes to video games.
WalMart refused to give people who pre-ordered the Collector's Edition of Fable 3 the pre-order bonus because they thought those who bought the CE "got enough content". Yeah, they went there >_>

So if you pre-order at WalMart I wouldn't expect the auto upgrade to CE. Not saying they won't do it, but I wouldn't expect it.

[quote name='baphomet58']just got a 23 character code[/QUOTE]
You serious? Jeez . . . well I'm pretty much 100% sure they don't correspond to any different type of rewards now, and that it'll be a universal reward regardless of how many digits are in your key.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']You serious? Jeez . . . well I'm pretty much 100% sure they don't correspond to any different type of rewards now, and that it'll be a universal reward regardless of how many digits are in your key.[/QUOTE]

I wouldnt be shocked if it was simply a viral website to get hype. After which once people started getting codes from it new hype would arise. In the end I wouldn't be shocked if ANY code after X digits worked.

[quote name='Captain Urahara']You serious? Jeez . . . well I'm pretty much 100% sure they don't correspond to any different type of rewards now, and that it'll be a universal reward regardless of how many digits are in your key.[/QUOTE]

yeah i think it'll be the same thing for each code. only wierd thing is 25 seems to be the most common. 7 out of 9 so far have been 25, and a previous poster mentioned having more 25s.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']I can barely see the tiny ass symbols even when the script enables a glow around them (sometimes more than one glows :cry:)[/QUOTE]

It may depend on other factors, but I tried this in IE and Chrome, and the glowing runes in Chrome were pretty subtle. In IE, the runes blinked clearly, though there was more time between each blink.

[quote name='genfuyung']I cant get this to work. Putting in the javascript stuff and pressing enter just takes me to google. Ive tried it in every browser.[/QUOTE]

This happened for me also. I copied and pasted the javascript into the address bar, and didn't notice that the part 'javascript:' didn't copy. I typed that onto the rest of it, and the script worked fine.

So instead of it being like a sword/armor .... everyone is thinking it might be a point key?? Never played the 1st one .... def pre-ordered this bad boy!!!

[quote name='ninjalunchbox79']So instead of it being like a sword/armor .... everyone is thinking it might be a point key?? Never played the 1st one .... def pre-ordered this bad boy!!![/QUOTE]

Going off the first one... it will be like 10 mid tier healing items.

well hell i've gotten EIGHT 25 digit codes that must be the most common. One 24 digit, and NO 26 digits. Everyone noticed a #'d code amount pattern? Maybe some codes are for rarer stuff?

Where exactly can I find these runes & everything else everyone is talking about, because I'm not seeing it. I go to the link in the OP & automatically end up here:
http://www.preparetodie.com/en/

A black background is interupted by a bad-ass knight with two tall horns adorning his helmet. I see no runes. I click everywhere on the black background & the knight & nothing happens. The only things click-able are the upper-left corner "PRE-ORDER", upper-right corner "MENU", & below the knight are click-able "CONNECT, MEDIA, COLLECTOR'S EDITION" buttons.

[quote name='ZCG']Where exactly can I find these runes & everything else everyone is talking about, because I'm not seeing it. I go to the link in the OP & automatically end up here:
http://www.preparetodie.com/en/

A black background is interupted by a bad-ass knight with two tall horns adorning his helmet. I see no runes. I click everywhere on the black background & the knight & nothing happens. The only things click-able are the upper-left corner "PRE-ORDER", upper-right corner "MENU", & below the knight are click-able "CONNECT, MEDIA, COLLECTOR'S EDITION" buttons.[/QUOTE]
http://i53.tinypic.com/2vc9k6f.jpg

There. I brightened it up and circled the two groups of runes. If you can't see the runes in the background, can you handle the game? :D

bread's done
Back