A Wii Dilemma

Sleepkyng

CAGiversary!
Feedback
49 (100%)
Ok, so i don't have enough cash to buy a wii and play zelda, but that's all i can think about (which is driving the gf nuts) but i was thinking:

i can afford to buy it straight out, play it and resell -

the question is, will I be able to make all my money back, or at least a good chunk of it before december 28th (when I high-tail it to argentina).

tell me, fanboys, tell me what i want to hear need to know.

You have a Gamecube? Just play Zelda on that on Dec 12th, espically if you are short up for cash.

Sure, you won't get the Wii "experience", but you'll still play Zelda and not have to rush through the game just to resell it and the system.

Unless there is some kind of huge Wii shortage, you won't be able to make all your money back simply because it's used.

Befriend someone with a wii... or rent a wii @ blockbuster and the game. Be sure to stock up on coffee and cheetos beforehand.

Hide among the games in an EB Games bin then right when it closes jump out and play LOZ:TP on their kiosk.

well i can't wait till dec 17th or whenever the gc comes out cuz then i've got to head home to oregon.

none of y'alls think i can sell it for $20 less than what i got for it right around christmas time?

Well maaayyybbee 20 dollars less but don't you think Nintendo will be shipping a crap load of Wii's as well? By the look of launch there aren't as many as I thought and it won't be as easy as I thought to get one, so maybe you will be able to. I'd guess around 50 dollars less instead of what you paid...

[quote name='Spades22']Well maaayyybbee 20 dollars less but don't you think Nintendo will be shipping a crap load of Wii's as well? By the look of launch there aren't as many as I thought and it won't be as easy as I thought to get one, so maybe you will be able to. I'd guess around 50 dollars less instead of what you paid...[/quote]

oh really :D

not worth it get over it. By the end of the year expect a crapload of Wii's coming in.

After shipping you'll probably lose out on a $50. Just be patient and the hype will pass over you

[quote name='crazyj']not worth it get over it. By the end of the year expect a crapload of Wii's coming in.

After shipping you'll probably lose out on a $50. Just be patient and the hype will pass over you[/quote]

hey thanks chief, that's a lot of information that i really hadn't considered...

[quote name='crazyj']not worth it get over it. By the end of the year expect a crapload of Wii's coming in.

After shipping you'll probably lose out on a $50. Just be patient and the hype will pass over you[/quote]

Well technically that would be the same as buying it for the Cube then, except with the Wii experience and a bit more hassle. I truly don't even think you will lose $50. This is a HOT item just like the DS was. It is affordable for parents so they are going to come in and then go out very quickly. I think they are going to be hard to come across up until and after Christmas. They will get continuous shipments but they will be gone from the stores quickly.

I'm reminded here of a Simpson's episode: Says Homer: "This year I invested in pumpkins. They've been going up the whole month of October and I got a feeling they're going to peak right around January. Then bang! That's when I'll cash in." Cut to November, when Homer is mourning the fact that he's now lost all of his money.

What I'm saying is that if you do plan to buy a Wii, play it and resell it later, you definitely want to unload it before Christmas, I think. While its true that Nintendo is going to be shipping a good number of Wiis (certainly more than Sony will be shipping PS3s...), its going to be a pretty hot item this season, and there's going to be a lot of parents who won't want to disappoint their kids by having them wake up Wii-less on Christman morning.

Ok, I thought I was mostly over the jokes over the Wii's name, but 'waking up wii-less' crosses the line even for me...

bread's done
Back