AA Batteries - 60 for $10 at Home Depot

TimTucker

CAGiversary!
This might have been an easy one to miss since people may not have been looking at the ads for hardware stores -- Home Depot has 60 packs of Rayovac AA's for $10. Looks to be a "while supplies last" deal rather than a doorbuster.

Not strictly a video game deal, but useful for having around for wireless controllers.

Rayovac?

how bout Enegryzers or Duracells?

It isnt a bad deal either,
all my batteries in my house are dead.

gonna try their website and see if they can ship me those batteries....lol

Word of caution. The last time I bought some of these Rayovacs, they were real duds. After a day or two of single hour Wii play sessions, they were completely dead.

[quote name='life.exe']This.

I don't understand people who don't buy rechargeables.[/QUOTE]

The numbers game works wonders. While i do like rechargables, getting 2 or 4 for roughly $10 just doesn't have the same effect as something like 60 for $10.

[quote name='life.exe']This.

I don't understand people who don't buy rechargeables.[/QUOTE]
Always good to have a stock on hand to cover those times when "someone" did not charge some batteries. Happens a lot in a house with 3 young kids, multiple controllers, digital cameras, noisemaking toys and ADHD.

[quote name='cRodz']Rayovac?

how bout Enegryzers or Duracells?

It isnt a bad deal either,
all my batteries in my house are dead.

gonna try their website and see if they can ship me those batteries....lol[/QUOTE]
I'm calling the police, what's your address so I can send then to arrest you?

[quote name='Chronis']The numbers game works wonders. While i do like rechargables, getting 2 or 4 for roughly $10 just doesn't have the same effect as something like 60 for $10.[/QUOTE]

Except for the fact that in the long run those 4 batteries can be recharged likely around a hundred times before being disposed of.

So let's do the math:

4 rechargeable batteries (NiMh)
Cost: $10
Usage: 100 times per battery (average)
Battery life: 5 hours for small portable non-wireless devices, 2-3 in digital cameras
Equivalent use to alkaline or similar batteries=400 batteries
Cost savings: $390 ($400 minus $10 cost)
Recyclable: Yes

60 alkaline or similar-type batteries
Cost: $10
Battery life: 3 hours or less in portable non-wireless devices, 1-2 hours in digital cameras
Usage: 1 time per battery
Recyclable: Difficult
Environmental waste: Grandiose.

Sorry, but the numbers don't add up. They'd only be good for emergencies when your rechargeables are left uncharged as PapaSmerf mentioned, but really... who needs sixty for that? And the possibility of them degrading in-home is even all the more hazardous.

[quote name='iamthekiller']Excellent post, watchman.

Get rechargeable batteries, you wasteful slobs.[/QUOTE]

Or, to put it a more CAG way: "What kind of money wasters are you"? ;)

(Particularly with the Rayovac 4.0 LSD deals on Amazon right now. They're low-self-discharge so you can leave them sitting for a year and they only lose 25% on their current charge, not dead in a couple of weeks like non-LSD batteries)

SI

bread's done
Back