AA battery charger & batteries

arkaeyn

CAGiversary!
Hey all, I'm looking for a good deal on, as the title indicates, a battery charger and batteries for my game controllers. Willing to pay a little extra for the lack of hassle and benefits of a high-quality battery solution. Any recommendations? Thanks!

I'm in the same market. This charger seems well rated and better than the basic ones that come in some Eneloop bundles.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BCG34HRE...TF8&coliid=I25KLO3JSV0I25&colid=3DORXNEB9K24E

There are people who post rather detailed reviews of chargers and you can learn a lot (or too much depending on your interest).

Basically everyone recommends Eneloops. Pair those with a good charger and you're set.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm vouching for the Sanyo Eneloops. I was skeptical about them at first, but after using them for quite awhile now they are far superior to anything else I've used over the years.

I have a dozen duracell ones and a $10 charger, not one problem in 3 years. Not saying they're better, but you probably won't go wrong with either.

[quote name='HydroX']I'm vouching for the Sanyo Eneloops. I was skeptical about them at first, but after using them for quite awhile now they are far superior to anything else I've used over the years.[/QUOTE]

these are the best...

Over three years and my original set bought at Costco still going strong...
I've had other brands and none compare to the amount of time these hold a charge even in my camera!

I remember putting these in my keyboard and mouse with the precharge...took so long before I needed to change them out. I actually forgot they were the rechargeables...

Just bought a set for family members at Ultimates closeout sale and another set of 8 for myself...

Duracell with white tops (the positive end) that are made in Japan comes from the same manufacture plant as Sanyo Eneloop.

Eneloops yes, but what about the best cheapest charger? I feel like my Eneloops aren't quite keeping the charge they should due to using the default charger that came with them instead of a higher-end full-serve charger

[quote name='Kerig']Eneloops yes, but what about the best cheapest charger? I feel like my Eneloops aren't quite keeping the charge they should due to using the default charger that came with them instead of a higher-end full-serve charger[/QUOTE]

Read the detailed reviews by the first guy who reviewed this charger below (NLee the Engineer). He puts them through the paces.

[quote name='salty tbone']I'm in the same market. This charger seems well rated and better than the basic ones that come in some Eneloop bundles.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-BCG34HRE...TF8&coliid=I25KLO3JSV0I25&colid=3DORXNEB9K24E

[/QUOTE]

Thanks, NLee is one of the top 3 techs on Amazon who love what they do and they do it well. I read his stuff back when I was initially getting Eneloops.

I thought the LaCrosse charger ($35+, no batteries) was the only real way to go, but it sounds like this new Sony charger is a good step up from the usual bundled chargers. Having 4 more Eneloop quality batteries is an added bonus for $20 total.

I'll order one of these tonight and see how the refresh works on my older Eneloops. I'm hoping to beef them up a bit for my old and very hungry Kodak camera.

Walgreens has the Duracell rechargables (white-topped ones at my local store) on sale this week for $10, plus $5 in register rewards if you buy 2 packs... so you're basically getting the batteries for $7.50 a pack with is a pretty good price.

bread's done
Back