Able to get Final Fantasy XIII for $30 at Blockbuster!

HCHecxz

CAGiversary!
Feedback
4 (100%)
Yes, I did!

Blockbuster Video has a deal up about trade in two games on their accepted list and you can use to pre-order any new game that's $59.99 for only $9.99. My game was Halo: Reach.

However the games I traded in were 2x Brutal Legends for XBOX 360, as it was listed on their flyers all over the gaming section of my store. Thing is, I purchased the Brutal Legends at the store for $9.99 each. So I payed for them, traded back in and payed the $10 and tax and I pre-order and payed in full my copy of Halo: Reach.

The catch....

The flyers they had out were outdated because they were advertising the deal to use it on Bioshock 2 and God of War 3, and Brutal Legend was on that list acceptable for trade. They just didn't think to replace them with new ones because the fact it was still showing a game that wasn't out, even though apparently there was a new list since price dropped on Brutal Legend. Shortly after I did this, the Manager walked out on the floor and removed all the flyers.

Case end point, I beat the system and I'm getting Halo: Reach for only $30 and not $60

Not to mention they said most likely this one, you'll get a $5 gift card for pre-ordering it when the game releases.

So overall, I was one happy camper!

UPDATE: Went in another Blockbuster near by to find they had a new copy of Final Fantasy XIII for sale. I talked to their manager to see if I could take my store credit on Halo: Reach and put it towards buying Final Fantasy XIII today. He agreed, call the other store up had them put my credit on a giftcard and gave the manager the giftcard number and it worked. Got FFXIII Instead for $30

I took some though and listen to some of your comments and I felt who knew what could happen in 6-8 months, so I decided to get a game as soon as possible before they decide to close more store. Glad I made that choice.....hell some other place will have some great deal on Reach or some special pre-order bonus on it anyways.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='MdcityGhost']Good deal if blockbuster doesn't go outta business by then[/QUOTE]

Was thinking the same thing lol.

[quote name='MdcityGhost']Good deal if blockbuster doesn't go outta business by then[/QUOTE]

I talked with the DM about that issue. He saids the store in town is high in the district that it won't be going anywhere anytime soon! That and it has the popular vote in town as far as a rental store next to Movie Gallery so i'll believe it. Just have to hold out till September, worst case scenario, I just get my money back.

[quote name='HCHecxz']I talked with the DM about that issue. He saids the store in town is high in the district that it won't be going anywhere anytime soon! That and it has the popular vote in town as far as a rental store next to Movie Gallery so i'll believe it. Just have to hold out till September, worst case scenario, I just get my money back.[/QUOTE]

Yeah but do you think after you just made a pre order he is really going to say " Yeah we are going out of business, but please continue to shop here!" ?

Also not to buzz-kill you on this but, you realize you only saved 10 bucks right? But hey if you think you got a good deal, well :applause: Seems like a gamble to only save 10 bucks but whatever works for ya.

[quote name='HCHecxz']
Case end point, I beat the system and I'm getting Halo: Reach for only $30 and not $60

![/QUOTE]

How exactly did you beat the system? You still bought the game for $50 bucks. You saved 10 dollars by buying from a company that may be out of business and take your money by the time the game is actually released.

But hey if you think you got a good deal, well :applause:

[quote name='mediviper']How exactly did you beat the system? You still bought the game for $50 bucks. You saved 10 dollars by buying from a company that may be out of business and take your money by the time the game is actually released.

But hey if you think you got a good deal, well :applause:[/QUOTE]

He bought two copies of brutal legend for 9.99 a piece, then traded those in for 50 dollars credit, then paid 9.99 to cover the rest. Since halo reach is going to be 59.99, and he paid 29.97, that's 30.02 savings.

Not sure how you're seeing it as saving 10 only, unless the game is going to retail for 40. Then its not that good of a deal.

[quote name='mediviper']How exactly did you beat the system? You still bought the game for $50 bucks. You saved 10 dollars by buying from a company that may be out of business and take your money by the time the game is actually released.

But hey if you think you got a good deal, well :applause:[/QUOTE]

Reeding is phun! :bouncy: All kidding aside, he got it for $30. He bought two copies of Brutal Legends for $10, traded them in and paid $10 + taxes.

Edit: Damn, beat to the punch.

Reading is fun but not really educational, guess he drank that Minute Maid juice and smarted up by removing his comments :p

[quote name='HCHecxz']I talked with the DM about that issue. He saids the store in town is high in the district that it won't be going anywhere anytime soon! That and it has the popular vote in town as far as a rental store next to Movie Gallery so i'll believe it. Just have to hold out till September, worst case scenario, I just get my money back.[/QUOTE]

Well... just wanted to say 2 things...

blockbuster being next in line to movie gallery.... well nothing to brag about there... sounds like they're close to barring the doors to me :)

also... doesn't matter how much business a store is doing if the whole company files for bankruptcy... would hate to try to get a refund from a bankrupt company.

that being said... good job beating the system (not being sarcastic) :whee:

Who says Blockbuster is going out of business soon? Just because Movie Gallery has been in financial trouble?

Does Kmart's financial trouble since the 90s spell trouble for Walmart?

It's going to a slow and painful death, but I don't see them done unless they pull something out of their ass soon. I see the death of physical rental business in 2012-2013

If you bought it through the Toys R US deal a little earlier, you would've gotten FFXIII for $30 pretty much too. Just that you pay $20 for Brutal Legend, in a sense you could look at it that way.

bread's done
Back