About the Limited Edition Green XBOX.

stealthshadow

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
I just called my local GameStop store, and asked a question about a trade in value, and after she told me that, she said that you might want to consider the Limited Edition Green Console. I told her that I don't like green, then she said that the INSIDE of the system is revamped. I told her that I read a lot about games and I have never heard that. Then she said it will have a faster processor and a bigger harddrive. Logically speaking, this is not true, because that would make it a different system. I honestly don't hink the console will be different, but there is a chance the harddrive is bigger. Anyway, has anyone else heard this?

Sounds to me like someone is pulling your leg.

It's possible that a few things are changed internally, but even if that's true, it's probably nothing you'd notice. Hell, most people still have all 50000 blocks on their hard drive.

Personally, I liked that green XBox from the Mountain Dew promotion better than the Halo one, but I ain't drinking 500 bottles of that crap to get it.

lies all lies, it's true that some xboxes have bigger hard drives, but not by much. And MS formats the drives so they all have the same space. So even if you did get a xbox with a "smaller" drive, you would never notice it.

I've heard of some EBs giving $20 cedit for Halo which is pretty good, but it must be YMMV, because my local one only gives you something like $10. Dunno about the Xbox but it would probably be about the same almost everywhere.

[quote name='suprsaiyanMAX']I've heard of some EBs giving $20 cedit for Halo which is pretty good, but it must be YMMV, because my local one only gives you something like $10. Dunno about the Xbox but it would probably be about the same almost everywhere.[/quote]

I was just at my EB and they said the chainwide deal is, if you trade your current XBOX in for the Halo XBOX you get $85.00 in store credit for the Halo XBOX. If you trade in your old Halo game with your old XBOX you get a $100.00 credit.

Also they have a deal if you trade Halo in for Halo 2 you will get Halo 2 for only $30.00 when it comes out.

Also for all you collectors out there I was told buy the EB clerk(who knows his s@#T) that the copy of Halo in the bundle will be in the Platium Hits colored box.

All Xboxs have running changes, based upon the changes in price of the components from thier suppliers... of course, you wouldn't be able to notice the difference, since as others have stated before, all of the hardware is calibrated and formatted to present a consistant platform across all the slight configuration variations.

[quote name='BasketCase1080']^ If only I would believe that.... Seeing as Ive already seen an open copy of whats inside the box.[/quote]

This is taken directly from the memo that EB got 2 weeks ago about the bundle....

"The Xbox Halo pack includes one clear green Xbox system, Halo (Platinum Collection), one clear green Controller S, and two months of free Xbox Live. All this costs $169.99 thats a savings of $10.00. There will only be 200,000 of these bundles available to the North American market."

UGH....ugly ass platinum hits!!! that almost makes me not want the limited edition anymore even though i have it pre ordered...oh well.

[quote name='equest943']UGH....ugly ass platinum hits!!! that almost makes me not want the limited edition anymore even though i have it pre ordered...oh well.[/quote]

if you already have Halo just trade it back in and get 20 for it to put towards Halo 2

bread's done
Back