Abuse the tagging system, lose your tagging privileges

Temp, I'm looking at the Control Panel, and it's been so long since I've used it, I forget what the heck I'm doing. But I'll ask around and see why you and Rocko had the priviledges revoked and if the permissions should be re-instated.

So far the only notes I see on your profile is one I left ages ago about a link you posted in the OTT, but thats ancient history by now. So if it was something done purposefully and singularly, no one left a notation about it. Like i said I'll ask around.

I hear ya. There was a recent thread related to the tagging system in the mod forum, but it didn't give any real information. At least, none I could use in this instance, unless they were talking in code. Which I doubt, folks are pretty up front about how they feel in there.

I'm waiting to hear back from a few peeps.

I spoke with Cheapy and he gave me the green light to reinstate both Temp and Rockos tagging abilities.

There you go, boys. Any problems, ...well, i'd say let me know, but with the way things are, I dont know how regularly I'm able to be around. So just update this thread as needed and either I or some other Mod will take care of things.

I never really read the tags on posts until lately. I see the problem now. The thread on GOG shutting down in the deals section is a good example. Plus someone keeps tagging deal forum threads with "diet pills".

[quote name='ryanflucas']I never really read the tags on posts until lately. I see the problem now. The thread on GOG shutting down in the deals section is a good example. Plus someone keeps tagging deal forum threads with "diet pills".[/QUOTE]

I agree. The diet pills guy could use some attention from the mods.

I've learned that pretty much ANY deal thread that Fire_Thief makes someone will come into and post insulting tags to.

I kind of wish I had seen this sooner, as the thread concerning the bonus copies of Red Faction Guerrilla given out with Darksiders could've used a good cleaning of those tags. Of course most of them were about me bitching about it taking 3 months to get the 'free' game and paying for shipping for it.

I sort of feel foolish for even asking but would it be possible for a mod to check for actual tag abuse on my account that would warrant a permanent ban? I think I've had my tagging ability banned for quite a while now but since I rarely used or even acknowledged the system I could never make heads or tails of it.

i got some very bad tags and a MOD take care it very fast
that's one of billion reason i love this site so much i hope to be on this t'll am 97 or more years old

bread's done
Back