AC:B Collector's $50 bestbuy.com

[quote name='Donut2922']I remember the PS3 CE I picked up at BB months ago didn't include the extra 2 DLC maps that was supposed to come with it.[/QUOTE]

That's weird, only thing I've noticed is that all the in store ones have been raped by the spider claw things.

I was just at Best Buy last night and they had stacks of these out on the sales floor or $100. Half off sounds like an awesome deal.

[quote name='fujimitsu']That's weird, only thing I've noticed is that all the in store ones have been raped by the spider claw things.[/QUOTE]

Yep. I remember several other CAGs reporting the same problem when it was $59.99 in-store months back. Ubisoft forums just asked everybody that had the problem to send pictures of the UPC and their BB receipt and they emailed the codes separately afterwards for the ones that didn't have them included. There were no reported issues with the Xbox versions.

[quote name='fujimitsu']That's weird, only thing I've noticed is that all the in store ones have been raped by the spider claw things.[/QUOTE]

Same here... BB has horrible security measures. Even when they stick CEs in those plastic display boxes, they're in terrible saving from rattling around inside the boxes so much.

[quote name='Donut2922']I remember the PS3 CE I picked up at BB months ago didn't include the extra 2 DLC maps that was supposed to come with it.[/QUOTE]

Did you open the actual game? They're in there.

I got this for $40 from Newegg and the jack in the box is way cool.

Sorry about the links, the referral from CAG must break them.

Report the price to amazon if you can, help your fellow CAGs.

[quote name='Donut2922']Yep. I remember several other CAGs reporting the same problem when it was $59.99 in-store months back. Ubisoft forums just asked everybody that had the problem to send pictures of the UPC and their BB receipt and they emailed the codes separately afterwards for the ones that didn't have them included. There were no reported issues with the Xbox versions.[/QUOTE]

I thought it doesn't matter anymore, since aren't the codes expired by now and the dlc bonuses included in the Da Vinci dlc?

[quote name='a_dirty_Shisno']I thought it doesn't matter anymore, since aren't the codes expired by now and the dlc bonuses included in the Da Vinci dlc?[/QUOTE]

They "expired" but they still work.

[quote name='imacgod']I thought we've seen this for $40? Maybe we haven't. There's just so many of these things even still, I'm holding out.[/QUOTE]

Newegg had it for $40 about a week or so ago. I think it sold out - at least the PS3 version did. Luckily, I managed to get a copy.

I also read (a long time ago) that BB was clearing them for $40 in-store. The stores around me though, have a ton of them for both platforms at $99.99. :roll:

[quote name='takotchi']Newegg had it for $40 about a week or so ago. I think it sold out - at least the PS3 version did. Luckily, I managed to get a copy.

I also read (a long time ago) that BB was clearing them for $40 in-store. The stores around me though, have a ton of them for both platforms at $99.99. :roll:[/QUOTE]

The lowest I recall them ever being in store was 70...

I'm probably going to pick up a copy of the Collector's Edition at Best Buy. Can anyone confirm if the 2 map DLC included with the game still work. In the past, most do even when they expire, but just would like a confirmation.

[quote name='harveyiscool']I'm probably going to pick up a copy of the Collector's Edition at Best Buy. Can anyone confirm if the 2 map DLC included with the game still work. In the past, most do even when they expire, but just would like a confirmation.[/QUOTE]

You can read three posts above yours and get your confirmation.

Thanks fucking jerk . Would have been nice to know if you were just saying that because you saw it somewhere or that you personally tried them. But from you, I wouldn't expect anything different.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']You can read three posts above yours and get your confirmation.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='harveyiscool']Thanks fucking jerk . Would have been nice to know if you were just saying that because you saw it somewhere or that you personally tried them. But from you, I wouldn't expect anything different.[/QUOTE]

I showed you where the confirmation you wanted was and then you got your pussy hurt. If I read it somewhere, I would have said somethin like I think or I heard that they still work. I used the code two or three days ago and got the maps unlocked.

If I answer another one of your questions, are you gonna get all upset again?

I'd rather you not answer any of my questions, because it will only contain a sarcastic answer. I obviously saw your post a few up, but since the Kmart thread and your shitty comments there, I have no reason to direct anything to you that I ask or say.

On a related note, "can" you get the maps via DLC?? I bought the regular version a while back, but haven't gotten around to it yet... the only reason I'd grab the CE is for the in game bonus maps, but if I can get those via DLC, then I'll pass.

[quote name='teknomedic']On a related note, "can" you get the maps via DLC?? I bought the regular version a while back, but haven't gotten around to it yet... the only reason I'd grab the CE is for the in game bonus maps, but if I can get those via DLC, then I'll pass.[/QUOTE]

Yes, the Aqueduct and Trajan Market Maps are on a separate DLC page inside the sealed game inside the CE.

Might have stated my question wrong...

Can I purchase the bonus maps with MS points via XBLA if I only have the regular version??

As much as i REALLY want to. I've been buying so many PS3 CEs lately that I'm going to have to say no. Thanks tho OP :)

You do not need the CE to get the Aqueduct and Trajan's Markets maps. They are included in "The Da Vinci Disappearance".

Read this:

"This DLC will also include some content that was previously only available in Collector’s Editions and through pre-order: The Harlequin and Officer multiplayer personas, Ezio’s Helmschmied Drachen armor and two additional single-player maps: Aqueduct and Trajan Market."

[quote name='Donut2922']Yep. I remember several other CAGs reporting the same problem when it was $59.99 in-store months back. Ubisoft forums just asked everybody that had the problem to send pictures of the UPC and their BB receipt and they emailed the codes separately afterwards for the ones that didn't have them included. There were no reported issues with the Xbox versions.[/QUOTE]

I got one then but didn't open it till a few months later. I contacted Ubisoft and they told me the codes were no longer available but if I bought the new DLC (as stated two posts above) it would have all the CE stuff included in it anyway. You'd think they could give people codes for that new DLC to make up for the CE not having what it was supposed to. Instead, all they did to help was let me know that the new DLC (that I could purchase) had the stuff from the CE. Yeah, thanks for nothing Ubisoft :bomb:.

[quote name='harveyiscool']Yes, the Aqueduct and Trajan Market Maps are on a separate DLC page inside the sealed game inside the CE.[/QUOTE]

Hahaha.

[quote name='io']I got one then but didn't open it till a few months later. I contacted Ubisoft and they told me the codes were no longer available but if I bought the new DLC (as stated two posts above) it would have all the CE stuff included in it anyway. You'd think they could give people codes for that new DLC to make up for the CE not having what it was supposed to. Instead, all they did to help was let me know that the new DLC (that I could purchase) had the stuff from the CE. Yeah, thanks for nothing Ubisoft :bomb:.[/QUOTE]

Well, that probably had to do with you calling months after it was released. They did give people codes, you just missed your window. It sucks, but it's not worth getting mad at Ubisoft either, or think that you're entitled to more than just those maps (which is what you would get if they gave you a DLC code).

Snagged a PS3 CE today. Traded in my regular version for a $13 credit toward it. There were only 2 more PS3 CEs on the floor, but there were probably about 20 - 30 360 CEs.

Got home and didn't have codes for the Trajan Market and Aqueducts and my multiplayer character code wasn't in the PSN format. I noticed the character expiration date had passed so I was bummed, but then I read that all these and more (!) were in The DaVinci Disappearance DLC that I'd already bought so I was happy again.

I have the PS3 version that I bought from Newegg.com for $40. The code for the DLC is in the game case. Is a code you type in at the extra section of the game. It does not go directly into the PSN redeem code section.

When you go to redeem it from the game menu it lets you download it as per usual PSN download fashion. Yes, it does work. Yes it technically is suppose to be expired, ~but is not~. Now on an unrelated note, you guys would do well to download the free updates from PSN for the game. There is 3 of them, one being an exclusive to PS3 content and other 2 are multiplayer updates. Reason I say this is because the game don't force an update for those items so you might miss them if you don't search for them manually. Oh, and join Uplay to get some cool rewards for playing the game.

[quote name='io']I got one then but didn't open it till a few months later. I contacted Ubisoft and they told me the codes were no longer available but if I bought the new DLC (as stated two posts above) it would have all the CE stuff included in it anyway. You'd think they could give people codes for that new DLC to make up for the CE not having what it was supposed to. Instead, all they did to help was let me know that the new DLC (that I could purchase) had the stuff from the CE. Yeah, thanks for nothing Ubisoft :bomb:.[/QUOTE]

Along the same lines, I bought a copy of the Fable II CE a while after release. For those who don't know, they mistakenly left the DLC code card out of some copies, but set up a web site where you could obtain the missing code. Except, they closed the site before I bought my copy. I contacted Microsoft to see if I could get a DLC code anyway, and they told me I "should have bought the game earlier". :roll:

They never did release that DLC separately.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']They did give people codes, you just missed your window.[/QUOTE]

Ubisoft needs to keep the window open for at least the entire duration of the game being sold on store shelves.

Them telling io "Don't worry, the items you paid for but didn't receive can now be purchased online" is the complete opposite of customer service.

So these codes actually expired? I can't remember too many DLC codes that actually expiration when they're supposed to.

[quote name='imacgod']So these codes actually expired? I can't remember too many DLC codes that actually expiration when they're supposed to.[/QUOTE]

Yes, they expired. Ignore the people who said they didn't, they are obviously lying.

There isn't even a place to input the code (it's not a PSN code). I guess it must have been removed in one of the patches or something.

[quote name='takotchi']There isn't even a place to input the code (it's not a PSN code). I guess it must have been removed in one of the patches or something.[/QUOTE]

You have to use Uplay service to input those I think.

[quote name='FactionG']You have to use Uplay service to input those I think.[/QUOTE]

I don't know, I just followed the instructions on the card. The menu option that was supposed to be there, wasn't.

[quote name='takotchi']I don't know, I just followed the instructions on the card. The menu option that was supposed to be there, wasn't.[/QUOTE]

I literally input the code and got the maps like 4-5 days ago. Unless I have awesome timing or the Xbox version is different (and then assuming you have the Xbox version), you're doing something wrong.

[quote name='gettinmoney662']Hahaha.

Well, that probably had to do with you calling months after it was released. They did give people codes, you just missed your window. It sucks, but it's not worth getting mad at Ubisoft either, or think that you're entitled to more than just those maps (which is what you would get if they gave you a DLC code).[/QUOTE]

I contacted them BEFORE it was expired. I know I didn't mention that, but I figured that was implied. Of course, I only knew the expiration because of what people have mentioned on here. Had I just been a regular Joe buying the game because it said it had bonus content within it, I think I'd have a right to be mad when that content was not included and also they wouldn't provide it via customer service. (And I wouldn't have known it was expired or not since there was no card with an expiration date on it in my CE!)

And I'll say it again, this was BEFORE the codes expired!

[quote name='gettinmoney662']I literally input the code and got the maps like 4-5 days ago. Unless I have awesome timing or the Xbox version is different (and then assuming you have the Xbox version), you're doing something wrong.[/QUOTE]

I have the PS3 version, and I'm not doing anything wrong. The card says Main Menu, Extras, then Exclusive Content. There is no "Exclusive Content" item. Just "Downloadable Content", which takes you to the PlayStation store.

Saw these at my store today. Passed on them still. Plenty of them to go around. I was eying the Mortal Kombat KE at my store today, but unfortunately that is still at $100.

These were originally shrink wrapped, were they not? I realized this only later, but it seemed like the PS3 ones at my store were not shrink wrapped. Luckily they didn't have the security wires around them, so the boxes all look fresh at least.

bread's done
Back