AC:WW Discussion Thread - Visits/Trades/etc.

ArthurDigbySellers

CAGiversary!
Feedback
2 (100%)
I thought we needed a separate thread for discussing AC. The friend code thread is getting clogged with discussions about the game and announcements about gate openings, etc.

So, if you think this thread is a good idea, post away.

My gate is open this morning to all. I have registered everyone that has posted so far.

AC:WW Links of interest

Decal Maker (useful for patterns): http://dsmeet.com/decalmaker/acww.html
Animal Crossing Ahead: http://www.animalxing.com/
Nookbay (AC:WW Ebay site - be careful): http://nookbay.com/
Animal Crossing Community - http://www.animalcrossingcommunity.com/

So how does this work exactly. Can only people on my friends list access my town?
Also, don't feck my shit up. I don't want to come back to find all my trees cut down or nasty messages on the board. I might want to show this game to my mother or something. :cool:

[quote name='siamesellama']So how does this work exactly. Can only people on my friends list access my town?
Also, don't feck my shit up. I don't want to come back to find all my trees cut down or nasty messages on the board. I might want to show this game to my mother or something. :cool:[/QUOTE]

The only people who can access your town are those you have added to your friends list who have also added you.

Once you have added each other, you can go to your town gate and either venture out to their town (if their gate is open), or you can open your own gate to allow other friends in.

I wouldn't worry about CAGs trashing your town. It's not like we're anonymous. We'll know who did it (most likely).

Nice thread idea lebowsky. I'll post up my AC code as soon as I get my own copy. My g/f and I have been trying to live together on the same cart but I think I am going to have to end our AC relationship. :lol:

You don't NEED to have the names right. I had lebowsky's name as CAG.lebo for a while, and it still worked fine. What you enter is more of a reference for you.

As a note to Lebowsky and Jfunk, sorry about last night. Not sure what happened. I'm one green barrel short now (and you, oranges). :(

[quote name='daroga']You don't NEED to have the names right. I had lebowsky's name as CAG.lebo for a while, and it still worked fine. What you enter is more of a reference for you.

As a note to Lebowsky and Jfunk, sorry about last night. Not sure what happened. I'm one green barrel short now (and you, oranges). :([/QUOTE]

There seem to be serious issues when you have more than 2 people in a town. There is a way to safeguard your data though. If you are hosting visitors, save often.

When you have visitors in your town and click Start, you will have an option to "Save and Continue" instead of "Save and end." When you save, it saves for everyone in your town as well. I verified this with Mirin (not sure of CAG username at the moment). I saved while he was in my town and he said it saved for him too. So if the "host" saves every 5-10 minutes, at least we won't lose all the stuff we traded, etc.

I would also recommend saving before hosting or visiting other towns just in case.

BTW, daroga, I still have the green barrel waiting for you. I'll hand it back over tonight if you're online.

so everytime i try to connect to nintendo wfc to get my friend code after awhile the quote buble goes blank and the game is stuck there.

its not frutrating or anything.

[quote name='lebowsky']There seem to be serious issues when you have more than 2 people in a town. There is a way to safeguard your data though. If you are hosting visitors, save often.

When you have visitors in your town and click Start, you will have an option to "Save and Continue" instead of "Save and end." When you save, it saves for everyone in your town as well. I verified this with Mirin (not sure of CAG username at the moment). I saved while he was in my town and he said it saved for him too. So if the "host" saves every 5-10 minutes, at least we won't lose all the stuff we traded, etc.

I would also recommend saving before hosting or visiting other towns just in case.

BTW, daroga, I still have the green barrel waiting for you. I'll hand it back over tonight if you're online.[/QUOTE]

Hey, awesome find on the Save and Continue option!

As for the barrel, frickin awesome! My newly expanded house needs more randomness! ;) Maybe I should come visit you tonight!

[quote name='paz9x']so everytime i try to connect to nintendo wfc to get my friend code after awhile the quote buble goes blank and the game is stuck there.

its not frutrating or anything.[/QUOTE]

Hrm, that blows. Um, do you have Mario Kart or Tony Hawk? Were you able to get online with those? If so, maybe give Nintendo a call and see if they have some answers?

[quote name='daroga']Hey, awesome find on the Save and Continue option!

As for the barrel, frickin awesome! My newly expanded house needs more randomness! ;) Maybe I should come visit you tonight![/QUOTE]

You already expanded your house? How?

[quote name='siamesellama']You already expanded your house? How?[/QUOTE]
Yep! Pay off your morgatge. Step one in that is buying a fishing pole :)

[quote name='daroga']Hrm, that blows. Um, do you have Mario Kart or Tony Hawk? Were you able to get online with those? If so, maybe give Nintendo a call and see if they have some answers?[/QUOTE]
fixed, required a firmware update.

ive added everybody thats posted here. ill open my gate whenever im playing for the most part.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']Anyone's store have a watering can in stock? I'm dying to pick one up.[/QUOTE]

Yep... i'll be on tonight around 9:30pm PST; 'come by.

That settles it. I'm going to go over a bit on my student loans to buy a Ds. What's it matter? I'm already 15+ thousand in the hole, what's an extra $150? I MUST play this game.

My gate's open until 7 PM CST tonight! PM me and I'll add you - if you posted in the friends code thread, then I should've already added you.

5412-2667-6213
Name: Harold
Town: Forever

Nook's being closed really, really slows the game down.

However, you can find some neat stuff by just shaking trees...
I've made a couple thousand and gotten a backpack and a blue vase just by walking around shaking trees.

It's a good thing I made sure to have a shovel and fishing rod before paying off the first loan... if I wasn't filling the museum, it would be rather boring.

... give me a sec... code...

Nickname : Rolento
Town : Dooble

Code 0473-0535-1834

please note, I will probably have a different code (don't know how it works... unless I screw myself over doing this) once I get my replacement Ds from Nintendo after their official stylus scratched my screen. Added everyone who's posted so far also.

I believe in all the current wi-fi games there is a limit of 32 friends per game. I can't remember where I read that, but that's what I recall.

[quote name='Bezerker']I've got apples in case anyone's interested, ill probably be playing for a few more hours. info in sig...[/QUOTE]

Add me to your list if you haven't yet.

added both of ya.

my gates will be open for a while, i still got plenty of apples. stores are closed as its past 11pm though >

My code: 0687-8021-6371

Town: Yarmatey
Name: Peach*

I have cherries in my town. I'll leave the gates open tonight, don't take my ugly furniture!

Yep, no problem.

And to "Harold," sorry for hitting on your mom. haha
(not sure who or when, but apparently i did according to the message you left on my board).

Just picked this up from best buy earlier today, used the $10 off for a total of $27.05 after tax. Pretty AWESOME deal if you ask me. played for about an hour already so far only been able to do Tom's jobs, but seems like an excellent game. my codes are:

Chuck
The Hood
1761-5447-0049

I've added everyone who's posted in this thread and im working on adding people in the wifi code thread so please do add me! I'll probably have my gates open a lot and I have apple trees so just lemme know if you need some and ill go ahead and open em for ya!

Added you to my list Renegade_Zero. Just to let everyone know, my town is very third shift friendly! My shops don't close until 5AM (real life time)! PM me if you anyone new adds me.

I currently have Peaches and within a day or two should have Cherries and Apples. I welcome any fruits not growing on my lands. As I want my town to be a Giant Orchard!

So I guess if I want to be normal I should move to New Zealand?

[quote name='Blind the Thief']Oh damn, anyone get the Triforce yet? Makes me proud of my name sake. :)

Anyone up for wifi tonight?[/QUOTE]

My wifi thingy won't be here until Monday. :cry:

[quote name='lebowsky']I'll be on tonight. I'll probably host for a while and visit some towns as well.[/QUOTE]
as will i

[quote name='doctorfaustus']Anyone have an extra shovel? Someguy took off with mine after I let them borrow it.[/QUOTE]
nook hasnt had one in for me yet,i need one bad

[quote name='paz9x']nook hasnt had one in for me yet,i need one bad[/QUOTE]

Can't get a shovel here either. Only other tool I'm missing is the watering can. But the fishing rod is definitely the most crucial first piece of equipment. Making money is virtually impossible without it. With it, you can pay off your first mortgage in a couple of hours.

[quote name='lebowsky']I'm really needing a net now, but Nook is upgrading his shop today :([/QUOTE]

My store has a net as well, pm me if you want me to open.

My gates will be open for a little while. My internet connection isnt the greatest, so I'll save every 15 minutes or so.

Edit:

Sorry guys, my connection dropped. I saved frequently enough, so I hope you guys didnt lose anything of value. If you did let me know, I'll give you some bells or something.

[quote name='jfunkdpg']My store has a net as well, pm me if you want me to open.[/QUOTE]

Thanks man, I really appreciate it. Now I can go bug hunting - for what little bugs are around right now.

bread's done
Back