Ace Combat 5 only $4.99 at SEARS! Major YMMV

[quote name='shrike4242']This score makes me wonder what other scores are classifiable as "Ultimate CAG finds".

Some ones that come to mind:
$4.99 Wario Ware
$5 Rygar
Some of the finds from the $5 CC sale
$4.99 Metal Arms from BB

Anyone think of others?[/quote]

EA store coupon fiasco from December 2003.

[quote name='rabbitt']Oh, and BTW Walmart and TRU kept my ad (TRU kept my Walmart receipt). I had to buy another newspaper so I could PM again. Even though this is a one-day sale, keep your receipt and you can do this all week.[/quote]

do you plan on picking up extra copies because how would you PM with your receipt if Walmart and TRU took your ads?

Do they have these ads laying around in Sears? There's a Sears near my job, maybe I'll go there on a break and get an ad, then maybe run to TRU and try to PM it.

Probably already mentioned. I went by Sears today, and saw the value games listed in the ad, grouped together. One of the games in the group was Ace Combat 4 not Ace Combat 5. Looks like a misprint for sure.

Scanned Armed and Dangerous just in case, but it was $14.99 still. I am going to try for a pm tomorrow. Good luck everyone.

[quote name='Mishimaryu'][quote name='rabbitt']Oh, and BTW Walmart and TRU kept my ad (TRU kept my Walmart receipt). I had to buy another newspaper so I could PM again. Even though this is a one-day sale, keep your receipt and you can do this all week.[/quote]

do you plan on picking up extra copies because how would you PM with your receipt if Walmart and TRU took your ads?[/quote]

I still have my receipt from TRU, is that what you're asking?

[quote name='alongx']Do they have these ads laying around in Sears? There's a Sears near my job, maybe I'll go there on a break and get an ad, then maybe run to TRU and try to PM it.[/quote]

That's where I found mine, but it took a little looking to find one.

For price matching it would be a good idea to buy 3-4 games off the list if their are available. This means you will draw less attention to Ace COmbat 5.

My walmart has the dragonbalz game and spyro I will probably get 2 AC 5 and one of each.

Rabitt I was asking how would you price match if you only had the receipt, I tried to PM with only receipt before at Bestbuy and TRU it was a no go.

[quote name='Mishimaryu']Rabitt I was asking how would you price match if you only had the receipt, I tried to PM with only receipt before at Bestbuy and TRU it was a no go.[/quote]

Just buy another ad I guess. It all depends on the cashier. Luckily, mine only got pissed.

pricematch.jpg

My finds for today :p

[quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='rabbitt']Oh, damn. How did the EBgames pricematch go?[/quote]

I thought EB didn't PM?[/quote]

They don't.

YMMV on the EB price matches I came across some workers stating they couldn't price match on sale games it has to be regular price.

Here is my story when I tried to PM today at Wal-Mart

So I go into the electronics department and head into the videogames. I decided to get Armed and Dangerous also along with Ace Combat 5. I walked up to a Wal-Mart worker who was an old man. I asked him if he can open the PS2 section and grab me Ace Combat 5. He proceeds to the glass case and instead opens the Xbox case; I jumped in and told him it’s for PS2. He laughs and said he forgot which system is which, he then opens the PS2 case and instead of grabbing Ace Combat 5 he gives me 4, so I had to tell him again I wanted 5 not 4. He laughs again and said his eyes were going bad on him. Finally after giving me armed and dangerous and Ace combat 5 he told me to go over to the other worker so he can check me out.
As the other worker was checking me out, I asked "you guys price match right?" No answer, he just kept scanning the games and totaled it up for me and said $75.51, I was like I wanted to price match sears to these games here is the ad. I showed him the ad and he was like WE DONT PRICE MATCH, I was like you are lying I know you guys price match; he keeps denying me saying they don't price match. I then asked to speak to the manager. He called the manager over and I told him the situation. The manager shook my hand and looked at the ad. At this point I was waiting for no joke, close to 20 minutes for the two of them to study the ad. He was rubbing on the $4.99 price for some reason (he prob thought I put whiteout over it). The worker who refused to PM it for me earlier actually had the nerve to say those two games weren't even pictured in the ad. When I heard that I wanted to say "are you blind you fucking dumbass", but I was just playing it cool and quietly pointed out the two games to the manager. The manager was like WOW he is right, and then told me he needed to call Sears and make a photocopy of the ad. He walked off and 5 mins later returned and said he couldn’t get a hold of sears because they were closed, and told me to leave my number and he would call me tomorrow to confirm if they can PM the games for me. In the meantime he said would put the games aside for me.

Another worked walked up to us and asked if he could borrow the ad, I was like what for? He told me he was going to run to SEARS and ask them about it. (My sears and Wal-Mart are in the same shopping center) So I give him the ad and he runs off. The manager comes back and hands me a Wal-Mart gift card with 10 dollars on it, and said he was sorry for the wait and everything. He told me this was for me since I had to endure all this, and noted that it was hard to believe a 50 dollar game becomes 5 dollars so they had to be careful. I was happy because now if I can PM I could use this and only have to pay like 2 dollars for tax. The other worker comes back from going SEARS with a smile, saying they wouldn't let him in because they were closed so I would have to try back tomorrow. He then said since they are open tomorrow I should just try buying it over there. I told him the manager just gave me a 10 gift card so I would rather PM it here. The worker then just said, buy it over there and come back here to use the gift card on something else. After hearing that, I just grabbed the ad from his hand and left.

Bottom line, I am not that mad about not getting the game. This situation made me never want to PM a game from Wal-Mart again. The manager was cool, and I respect him for doing his job. He also gave me a 10 dollar gift card which showed good customer service. However the two workers who tried to screw me out of the PM and lie to me are what pisses me off. Especially the worker who lied about Wal-Mart not PMing and saying the games weren't on the ad when they were clearly pictured right there in front of his face. The smile and comments from the last worker who tried to run over to SEARS pisses me off even more. Oh well if they actually call me tomorrow I will come back. Otherwise I will just try getting it at SEARS.

Your lucky to have got the $10 GC tenzor. I had an almost identical situation, and didn't get anything after waiting for 30-40 minutes for their decision. :(

[quote name='Scorch'][quote name='shrike4242'][quote name='rabbitt']Oh, damn. How did the EBgames pricematch go?[/quote]

I thought EB didn't PM?[/quote]

They don't.[/quote]

Some do. Mine is in a mall and will PM other stores in the mall.

[quote name='Trakan']Did you at least get Armed and Dangerous?[/quote]

No they told me they would give me a call, and if not just come in. If they don't call I am not even going to bother trying there again. I will just use the 10 gift card for the spiderman 2 dvd or something. However nothing would be better then getting the call from the manager that its ok, and having the guy who didn't want to price match for me being forced to do it :twisted:

the 24 hr wally world i just came from would not price match it. no gift card nothing. they did however say they would hold it in back for me and gave me the managers number to call tommorow.they tried to tell me that it was a thanksgiving ad, which i promptly pointed out the date and reminded them that it was after midnight. im planing on pulling the "lowest price GUARANTEED" advertisement out of my ass. ill give an update tommorow

I got to thinking about this and I'm wondering why Sears didn't just tell their employees to just tell the other stores that call that the price is correct? It wouldn't hurt Sears, in fact it would be really good for them if their competitors actually have to honor this, as other stores, their competition would lose money doing this.

[quote name='62t']does walmart PM? I never saw that on their store policy.[/quote]

they do. CC had the ps2 memory card for 19.99 a couple weeks ago and i got it price matched.

I had the same situation. They told me upfront that they DO pricematch. I got the game and went to check out. The employee was amazed by the deal. He could not authorize such a drastic cut so they called one of the red coats. She comes and looks at the ad and says it must be a "catch" ad. She told me it was probably a rebate or you must buy $100 first or something. After going over it she decided to call Sears. After about a 20 minute wait she comes back and say "the sale starts tomorrow". I told her fine, I will come back at midnight. So, that is exactly what I did, I got the game and waited in the long midnight shift change line. When I got up to the register once again, amazed at the price. They called another red coat. By this time the looooong line of people were starting to grumble, the girl looked at the ad said "good deal" turned the key and that's all she wrote. I have my copy here in front of me.

These Wal-mart clerks are a joke. They make $7 an hour and treated like dogs and they are being a hardass. It isn't thier money why do they care?

Who cares just give the customer what he wants I always do.

[quote name='buster90']These Wal-mart clerks are a joke. They make $7 an hour and treated like dogs and they are being a hardass. It isn't thier money why do they care?

[/quote]

Good luck ever holding a job.

[quote name='neocisco']Wal-Mart PM'd AC5 for me today. They didn't even keep the ad. I'm going to Sears in the morning for a few others but there is no way I'm geting AC5. I'm sure they've been warned. As for everybody trying to get multiple copies at a single location and getting denied--GOOD!!! Doing that just steals opprtunities away from other CAG's. This is a community that is supposed to help each other. Several people here are acting like sharks around the Sears AC5 chum. :x[/quote]

Was it a problem to PM it. I'm going to try today but I'm not going to get my hopes up? So places so far people have reported at PM at are:
Walmart
TRU
Best Buy
Kmart
Compusa

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='buster90']These Wal-mart clerks are a joke. They make $7 an hour and treated like dogs and they are being a hardass. It isn't thier money why do they care?

[/quote]

Good luck ever holding a job.[/quote]

I work retail and I have been their almost 5 years. I give discounts left and right the managers even encourage it.

[quote name='MadFlava'][quote name='neocisco']Wal-Mart PM'd AC5 for me today. They didn't even keep the ad. I'm going to Sears in the morning for a few others but there is no way I'm geting AC5. I'm sure they've been warned. As for everybody trying to get multiple copies at a single location and getting denied--GOOD!!! Doing that just steals opprtunities away from other CAG's. This is a community that is supposed to help each other. Several people here are acting like sharks around the Sears AC5 chum. :x[/quote]

Was it a problem to PM it. I'm going to try today but I'm not going to get my hopes up? So places so far people have reported at PM at are:
Walmart
TRU
Best Buy
Kmart
Compusa[/quote]

I picked up a PM at CC, though I'm sure it was a major fluke.

[quote name='buster90'][quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='buster90']These Wal-mart clerks are a joke. They make $7 an hour and treated like dogs and they are being a hardass. It isn't thier money why do they care?

[/quote]

Good luck ever holding a job.[/quote]

I work retail and I have been their almost 5 years. I give discounts left and right the managers even encourage it.[/quote]

My point was that every employee I've ever known who "gave the customer what they wanted" without mangerial discretion paid for it later. It's one thing if your manager encourages it, but I don't see many of these stories mentioning a manager leaping forward to OK the pricematch. If any of these employees just did it without asking a manager, I'm sure they'd be in trouble. I sure as shit know I would be at my job. But hey, if your managers encourage that, good for them. That's how it should be; make the customer happy, even if it means taking a loss. Unfortunately, that isn't the standard anymore.

i am going to run to sears tomorrow HOPEFULY and try picking this up at some point...if not i may grab a few of the other five dollar games if they have any left :whistle2:(

So lets divide the stores into 2 categories for the $4.99 PM of Ace Combat 5 (YMMV and Long Shots)

YMMV:
Walmart
TRU
Best Buy
Compusa
CC (edit: moved to YMMV on the advise of fellow CAG'rs)

Long Shots:
Sears
EB
K-Mart

[quote name='jimbodan']I got to thinking about this and I'm wondering why Sears didn't just tell their employees to just tell the other stores that call that the price is correct? It wouldn't hurt Sears, in fact it would be really good for them if their competitors actually have to honor this, as other stores, their competition would lose money doing this.[/quote]

Except when other businesses do this to them. There may not be honor among thieves, but large corporations know that it's not wise to make a point of pissing off your competitor.

[quote name='MadFlava']So lets divide the stores into 2 categories (YMMV and Long Shots)

YMMV:
Walmart
TRU
Best Buy
Compusa

Long Shots:
Sears
CC
EB[/quote]

I'd move CC to the YMMV, their policy is to price match.

It all depends on the worker. I showed the guy the ad from Sears at TRU he didn't bother to check the sales date which is suppose to start SAT or call to see if it was in stock. The only thing he did was check with the manager since she had to do an overide code since the price difference was to wide from 49.99 to 4.99.

anyone know what other 5 dollar games Sears is offering? If I can't get Ace Combat 5, then I will go for 4 and Armed and Dangerous as well.

[quote name='tenzor']anyone know what other 5 dollar games Sears is offering? If I can't get Ace Combat 5, then I will go for 4 and Armed and Dangerous as well.[/quote]

GameCube
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
DBZ Budokai

PS2
Ace Combat 4 (or 5 :wink: )
Tekken Tag Tournament
Pac-Man Fever

XBOX
Unreal Championship
Legends of Wrestling
Armed & Dangerous

[quote name='Ledhed'][quote name='tenzor']anyone know what other 5 dollar games Sears is offering? If I can't get Ace Combat 5, then I will go for 4 and Armed and Dangerous as well.[/quote]

GameCube
Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
Star Wars: Rogue Squadron II: Rogue Leader
DBZ Budokai

PS2
Ace Combat 4 (or 5 :wink: )
Tekken Tag Tournament
Pac-Man Fever

XBOX
Unreal Championship
Legends of Wrestling
Armed & Dangerous[/quote]

Those are just the ones in the ad, SUPPOSEDLY there will be a lot more games then just those

[quote name='MadFlava']So lets divide the stores into 2 categories (YMMV and Long Shots)

YMMV:
Walmart
TRU
Best Buy
Compusa

Long Shots:
Sears
CC
EB[/quote]

why is CC in the Long Shots? From my experience CC is much better at doing PM than BB. But I think it is really up to the individual location.

[quote name='RacinReaver'][quote name='jimbodan']I got to thinking about this and I'm wondering why Sears didn't just tell their employees to just tell the other stores that call that the price is correct? It wouldn't hurt Sears, in fact it would be really good for them if their competitors actually have to honor this, as other stores, their competition would lose money doing this.[/quote]

Except when other businesses do this to them. There may not be honor among thieves, but large corporations know that it's not wise to make a point of pissing off your competitor.[/quote]

Sears won't be able to tell rather the person is calling from a store or a person getting ready to buy the game. If someone call from from within Sears and pretned to be from Best Buy, they could just walk up and get the game for $5.

Got back from my Wal-Mart a little while ago, and no luck.

The Story

I showed them the price match, and the manager said that the only way he could even possibly think of giving it to me (note: he said he still may not) is if I waited till my local sears opened, and they asked if this was a misprint. So the manager asked me........ready for this.........to please stand in the lane for approx 3 hrs. I said I wonder why you wouldn't honor this maybe because it comes out of your paycheck :D , and I made my leave. No luck, but many other stores to try.

so my wife gets to sears at 7:00 this morning to find out that the store had to have opened way before 7:00am. she said there was already a ton of people in line and the games were all cleaned out. she said she was told by the lady in the game section that they honored the price for AC5 (not sure why since she didn't ask).

at the moment she is out trying to find a store to PM the games.

I still have not decided if I am going to bother with Sears. I may swing by later and pick up an ad if I can find one and try to price match at CC. Seems like it will be a zoo at 7am.

bread's done
Back